Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T User Reviews

Everyday usage9.8/10
UI speed8.5/10
Camera8.5/10

JulianGT
posted on 29 Dec 2013, 16:44 (Posts: 82; Member since: 15 Oct 2012)

The laptop replacement

JulianGT has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

This is my first tablet and it is really good. The only problem I find is that if you install many apps, have a lot of music or a lot of photos in the internal memory, it will lag. I have my memory at 3GB approximately and it runs smoothly. It is an awesome tablet and maybe rooted will run better.

• USB port
  • Beautiful design

Cons

JulianGT alternatives:

akineton
posted on 06 Nov 2013, 13:07 (Posts: 0; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)

hardware is king software (ram) is a monster

akineton has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

this is a perfect machine for typing... with dock station you have no battery and memory problem. Screen is perfect... I really love this device but it is so slow, especially on internet... My wife has a s3 mini and its faster on web... Ihave lots of pdf book more than 200 pages and turning pages is so so slow... I realy love it but have to leave... i will this sell asap..

Build quality 5/10 Metal body, slim designe, light and so cool... but dock statin connection is not fast
Reception 7/10 look like an ultrabook... it is very atractive...
Internet 1/10 very very slow... it makes me carzy... my wife has a samsung s3 mini and its more speed than this tablet...
Multimedia 7/10 Full hd screen awsome and sound quality is not bad...
UI speed 6/10 frozen, frozen, frozen...
Everyday usage 9/10 light and thin, keyboard is super but it has ver bad ram performance... hardware is king but software is a monster
Text input 10/10 keyboard is super
Display 8/10 full hd... wide screen... perfect screen...
Battery 8/10 batter is very long and with dock station its very very long... no battery problem...

Pros

• keyboard
  • usb port
  • micro sd + mini sd memory card slots

Cons

• low ram performance
  • slow

economist
posted on 29 Oct 2012, 22:53 (Posts: 2; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)

8 amazing hours with the Infinity

economist has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

After charging the Infinity for a whole 12 hours I put my hands on and here are the first impressions.

This is my first Android device, I am a Linux (Ubuntu) user in all my laptops (except the business laptop that has to be Windows because of some special software) and desktop and a Symbian user when it comes to mobiles. My immediate reaction to Android is that I see it as the future of OSs. While it is not the best thing when it comes to a combination of a "screen+mouse+keyboard", it is unbeatable when it comes to "touch screen" devices. I've used iphone a lot (I've spent with it 3 weeks on a trip to US when I've rented a phone) and Symbian of course and I've also tested the windows 8 in a laptop with a touch screen. IMHO nothing is equivalent to Android. The combination of usability, parametrization, user interface, openness, control over use and settings can not be found (again IMHO) in any other OS of a similar nature. And I'll stop here with Android to go to the Infinity. And I'll mention mostly the hardware issues since this is not a review of the Android ICS.

What I've liked from the hardware:

Actually I liked everything but some small things that I'll describe later. From my likes I want to highlight the following.

The screen is just amazing. Clear, crisp with impressive response. Fantastic viewing angles, extremely good brightness in daylight (and we are talking about the day light of Bangkok in a day with clear sky and 38 C), and perfect colour profile.

The design...

Non_Sequitur
posted on 10 Oct 2012, 05:22 (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)

It's a machine. Love it.

Non_Sequitur has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I've had my Infinity since around the middle of July and I couldn't be happier. The keyboard makes it perfect and easy to type on if you don't want to use touch typing. Integrates excellently with Polaris Office and Google Drive. The build quality is unprecedented and ridiculously lightweight as well. Wifi reception is excellent as opposed to the Prime because of the strip on the top. It really did help! Browsing could be smoother, but passes the day to day usage test. It's a multimedia machine, honestly. Google Play Music, Videos, Apps, etc. combined with Netflix and other services will give you endless hours of fun. The camera isn't great, so if you're looking to take pictures with your tablet (o_e) then I wouldn't recommend it. The UI with Jelly Bean and Project Butter is absolutely incredible. Speedy and quick in all tasks, I just love it. It's also a multitasking beast. Switching between tasks in quick, simple, and easy, and works smoothly with Android's awesome multitasking. Very easy to use writing papers with Google Drive, which I have done several times since school has started. Also great for book reading on the Kindle app in portrait mode! Text input is awesome thanks to either the touchscreen or the physical keyboard. The display is currently unprecedented by any other Android tablet out there. Super IPS+ Display? Oh, yes. Text is crisp, colors are bright and vivid, and it all seems natural. Another important point is the battery life, which does not fail to impress....

Build quality 10/10 Awesome build quality.
Internet 9/10 Some sites aren't very good with certain browsers, but the browsing experience is overall fairly smooth.
Multimedia 10/10 This thing is a media machine! Use Google Play Music or AmazonMP3, Netflix, and Google Play in general and you have something that will give you many hours of fun.
Camera 8/10 Camera isn't the best, but it's alright. Takes pretty good quality pictures.
UI speed 10/10 The Infinity is a baws. It runs liquid smooth on Jelly Bean for me.
Everyday usage 10/10 It's a multitasking machine. Switching between tasks is simple and easy, and especially awesome when you're writing a research paper on Google Drive.
Text input 10/10 It has a keyboard. Lol. Without the keyboard, though, text input is fast and smooth as well.
Display 10/10 1920x1200 Super IPS+ Display. Does not disappoint.
Battery 10/10 It'll last you all day, at least. I was very surprised how good the battery was with the ridiculously awesome resolution.

Pros

• Everything.

Cons

• Browsing experience could be a little smoother.

Non_Sequitur alternatives: