Apple iPhone User Reviews

Luigi
posted on 10 Dec 2009, 13:49

iPhone

It's a great phone, but have too many things to increase.
I bought this phone 2 months after the release, but I don't live in the US, so I need to unlock it.
This is my review by this point of view.
I'm using the iPhone OS 2.2, and I need to jailbreak it if I want to install the 3.1

Pros

• Thin
  • Big display
  • iPhone OS
  • Faster than the other phones.
  • Safari Mobile
  • iPod
  • Mail
  • App Store
  • 8GB capacity
  • Resistant for fallings

Cons

• Sometimes don't have signal
  • Low Speaker
  • Headphone Jack is terrible for my headphones
  • The back is poor
  • The screen gets dirty easily
  • You can't use the screen after a bath, because It's get too wet.
  • Camera don't shoots video, and have a low resolution
  • Don't have a camera button to take photos.
  • You can't pass things by bluetooth.

posted on 30 Jun 2009, 18:26

The iphone is the best phone to ever come out in the united states. In the uk the touch hd wins!!. The iphone has the best interface/home screen/touch sensitivity ever.

Pros

• screen
  • apps
  • looks
  • weight
  • easy to use
  • internet browsing
  • ipod
  • youtube app

Cons

• glass screen
  • screen resolution

alex83168
posted on 04 Jun 2009, 17:06

Its actually not that bad

I have tried nokias, sony ericcsons, motorolas and samsung since a few years but this phone gives a whole new different level of experience. And I bought the 2g instead of 3g coz of battery issues. During the days where we had no qwerty kboards, did we complain tht qwerty kboard is missing? Trust me, one u get used to the virtual keyboard, and all tht, u'll start liking it. So far i really love this device, and now that there are apps for almost everything, there no need to complian anymore guys.
My daily usage incude:
-not a very heavy user, so battery seems good
-use wifi mostly at work, home, school, so nt relying too much on EDGE
- uses the essential phone features more than the nice to have features
- Light casual gamer
- lots of apps installed
Also every piece of technology will always have pros and cons, their weightage depends on how well tht device suits ur life and functions. AS for me, I am pretty happy and keeping it!

Pros

• The best touchscreen in the market, rich colors n brightness
  • Multitouch
  • Unlimited apps from itunes store
  • Feel
  • Ease of usage/user friendly
  • great OS

Cons

• Expensive
  • only 2.0mp cam
  • fixed battery
  • no picture messaging
  • Average speakerphone and sound quality
  • Limited bluetooth

Jaques
posted on 08 Apr 2009, 22:50

Awesome phone but some bad sides

First of all the phone is awesome and has apps for everything(so get a phone with more memory).The only downsides is it costs so much and u cant get picture/video messages(only on att.com)so thats what i call rubish but i would suggest getting a env2 for the budjet problem

Pros

• features,and touch screen

Cons

• budjet,and picture messages

Travis
posted on 25 Jun 2008, 23:04

5.4

KINDA DUMB

its stupid that the iphone can take video right out of the box...and the fact that you cant send or recieve pics/video messages is RIDICULOUS!!!! Why would it they put so much awesome stuff on this...but forget about the basics?

iPhone man
posted on 07 Jun 2008, 19:00

iPhone is the best

ya see I think many people are just mad about how good the phone is, so then they give it a bad rating. I was about to do the same thing to the vu but then I thought, "hey? Why stoop to their level?" instead I decided to give my honest opinion about the iPhone.
I think this really is one of the best phones made yet and with its upcoming late June/early July 3g release along with video, picture messages, and real time gps I think it will get alot more positive reviews. I also prefer it over many other phones due to its 16,777,216 different colors, 64 times more than the average phone.

........
posted on 06 Jun 2008, 07:02

Good phone

This phone is one of the best phones i have ever had....
The multi-touch screen makes it very easy to use.....
maybe the 2.0megapexil camera is not very clear but it's good enough...
the design is very slim and looks nice....
the sound quality is not as high as the nokia phones...but it's still very good....
it totally worth keeping for a long time

Mike
posted on 27 May 2008, 17:10

Complaints, complaints...

Everyone I know tries to make the iPhone sound so horrible. What phone are they talking about?!?! It works great, I haven't had any problems. I mean, when yo uuse the device, it is so fun and smooth, and the features are great. I know there are some cons, but I don't mind them, making me give this amazing phone a perfect 10. Just use it for a month, and try to say you hated it. It is impossible.

ben 77
posted on 14 May 2008, 20:53

Excellent buy

Get real. The iPhone is great. It costs $399 but thinking of all those "nokia's" out on the market today, you should realize the dramatic price diffrerence. Nokia's N95-3, a really dull and small-screened phone with an ugly keyboard, costs $500. Although you do have a 5 megapixel camera with flash and a cover jampacked into the phone, and lots of multimedia options, for being good looking, i'd give the n95 a one. the iphone is sleek, and very nice. you cant beat the glossy touchscreen and the easy-to-navigatie user interface. now, if you want a REALLY good nokia n95, an 8gb NAM US version- same gig's as an iphone- still the screen's not as big as the iphone- it costs $650-800. now i have my facts right- yea yea the nokia n95 has a quicker keypad, a 5 megapixel camera, yea yea, but speaking of the price, i cant afford- like many people an $800 phone! what am i crazy? I would be paying off insurance and everything. The iphone comes at $399 for 8gig and $499 for 16 gig- still better pricing than the n95. also, the iphone is not as quick at texting, but vibration and feedback, plus a user friendly interface, a 3.3" touch screen, and a sleek finish puts the iphone at #1 of the phone chart.
buy it like me and millions of other people!

George
posted on 12 May 2008, 19:07

Unbelievable!

Everyone tries to infd reasons to hate this phone, but it is just amazing. The screen is so easy to use. Everything is awsome. There are only four things I wish it had: video recording, flash for camera, 3G (that's coming soon, though), and a Wallpaper with a shortcuts button like on the Voyager. Overall, it is truly an amazing device.

Right Cranium
posted on 06 May 2008, 18:36

Stop Hating

There is no perfect phone out there. Why is everyone so freakin pickey? Is this phone for everyone... no, but what phone is? Sure there are a few things that would make it better I agree, 3G would be nice, but I live in Seattle, WiFi EVERYWHERE! so for me that is not really an issue. Why do people keep saying the only way to get email is through the browser?? This is simply not true. The phone supports IMAP through the mail application. I have my desktop, laptop and iPhone all synced together with no issues. The battery life is great for me, several days, granted I am not a heavy user, but still great. So your telling me I have to take it to the people who made it to get something fixed..... oh wait that makes sense. I dont want some chump from ATT or any other carrier working on my phone. This is one of the main reasons Apple produces and maintains such high quality products. It comes down to if you want something done right you have to do it yourself. Besides if you do have to be without your phone for a few days, so what.. get over yourself, Your not that important. This is probably not your fist ATT phone, take your SIM out and put it in your last GSM phone you owned. 10 years ago almost no one had a cell phone and the world went on just fine, you will survive, I promise. If you own a business and you have all your contacts in your phone and you "live by your phone" and that is the only way to be in contact with people, you are a poor business owner. Have a...

Steven Hohlt
posted on 02 May 2008, 21:24

Great Device For The Average Person

SOUND QUALITY
The IPHONE from ATT is an extremely decent PHONE. A DECENT phone, the sound quality is OK, the Volume - Is actually high but then you try the SPEAKERPHONE and its pretty poor, therefore I rated the Sound quality a 6, Ive had WAY worse but WAY better.

DESIGN
Wow the design of the iphone is amazing, Well except for ONE flaw, the device gets warm while surfing becuase of the no venting of its rather large cell processor. The metal heats up and this is an annoyance. The rest of the sleek phone screen, and metal casing and Apple logo is amazing. I gave this an 8, because the heating flow causes me to drop it 2 notches.

FEATURES
Alright the fun of the phone is RIGHT here! The Integration of all the features is amazing, Checking my mail and setting up my AOL account was simple and checking it while on non-auto update is not a problem to save battery life. THE SCREEN BRIGTNESS IS AMAZING, the tilting oif the phone to rotate safari rocks my socks, and of course the IPOD setup is amazing The Safari browser of course has its flaws -- no support for a lot of common APPS, and of course still gets a little slow down. Now onto some more flaws of the features, THE CALCULATOR IS A JOKE. A REAL JOKE its the most simplistic thing, My child sister could code it better, The Stocks is kind of pointless yeah its decent to have, but this phone is geared more of a AVERAGE user then a business phone, they could of placed something more like a youtube ish style then stocks, YOUTUBE...

Kennetha Alston
posted on 30 Apr 2008, 11:37

YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my opinion i think that this phone was giving to the best provider on the market right now i think the phone gets great service there are a little more feature i would like to see with the phone like mms but that's ok but as far as the service goes it is awsome i never have any problems i can get service in every place i go without any problems!

Trevor Widger
posted on 29 Apr 2008, 17:01

One more thing...

Oh, and for "will" up there, you're right. The iPhone (and iPod touch) are not made out of the same, cheap material used for the screens of "most" P.D.A.'s, it uses multi-touch technology. The only downside to this is that you can not use a stylus, or even a finger-nail for that matter, simply because it senses the warmth of your body heat and knows when you are touching it. Whereas "most" P.D.A.'s use touch-pad technology, which is your standard, cheap, touch-screen than can use virtually any object, but is a lot less sensitive.

Trevor Widger
posted on 29 Apr 2008, 16:53

Perfection

There is always a best for everything, including cell phones. This just so happens to be the one in my opinion. Unfortunately, Apple's (as always) stubborn attitude stopped it from being signed over to best cell phone company in my opinion: Verizon Wireless. Instead, they signed it off to a GSM company, and in my opinion the worst cell phone company: AT&T (formerly Cingular). Leave it to Apple to make the biggest business flop known to mankind! Which forced me to settle for an LG Voyager, and an iPod touch. I must say there is a rather gigantic difference between the two. Sadly, until all cell phone companies become "open" (which will be happening soon ;] ) I am stuck with the Voyager. AT&T is definitely "lowering" the bars in my area, and I refuse to switch over to them.

iPhone for life
posted on 28 Apr 2008, 01:43

the best on any network

i've had my iphone for two months now, and i have never been so excited about a phone as much as this one. there is always something new to find out especially now that was able to jailbreak it and add many free apps. i love this phone and i doubt that any other phone can compete. they all make nice stuff, but iPhone is just amazing hands down. if you can jailbreak this thing you will be amazed by the things it can do.

Mac Lover
posted on 27 Apr 2008, 13:29

4.2

So So

Ok.... I love mac.... love love love mac. I refuse to ever buy anything microsoft or pc ever again. I thought the iPhone was pretty cool when I first heard about it (minus the fact that it is on AT&T's network.) I never really got to play with it until my bro foolishly went out and dropped $500 cash for this thing.

I have to say that at first it was a little like being starstruck. I was ooooing and aahhiing at it... and then I started playing with it. I can't STAND trying to type a message with it...... ugh. Here's a list of other things it CAN'T do.....:
-Email is only available through it's browser,
-There is no over the air downloading(OTA)
-There is no GPS navigation
-No removeable battery
-NO insurance available
-warranty that charges for a rental if you do have problems,
-NO 3G service data connection
-Cannot be tethered to a laptop for internet connection
-No MMS
-Very limited touch screen keyboard
-No hard reset function without connecting back/syncing up to reformat
-No to-do-list that's not syncable with ical (which is really suprising)
-Can not use your own ringtones.

It DOES have a lot of other capabilities. The music/ipod part is cool, the readable voicemail is cool. But because of the other limitations it just brings this phones credibility down so much. One of the MAIN reasons I don't like it is because it runs on EDGE and not REV A like the Voyager does.

The look of it is cool, it's nice.... but I honestly prefer the Voyager over the iPhone....

will
posted on 16 Apr 2008, 10:41

phone guru

I have had a lot of phones in the past and I've worked with most big named carriers one way or another and I have to admit the iPhone hands down is the "revolutionary" phone and there are a lot of copy cats out there. Anyways, down to the point...and yes I've had the iPhone for a little while now.

Pros:
4, 8, 16 gigs...amazing amount of space, virtually unlimited use for a typical phone user like myself since I have the 16 gig model.

Excellent Reception, I get coverage where I need and I have both Verizon and AT&T and I have to admit this picks up the best reception.

Screen is beautiful, I'm not too sure what its made of but I know its not the typical cheap material most PDAs have out there.

Love the ease of use, especially the UI is beyond any phone out there. Safari browser and even mail viewing is simply amazing.

Keyboard touch is very fast, even faster than predictive text on the BlackBerry Pearl and this is a very big thing for me, since I text a whole lot. I text too quick for it sometimes though and it would lag for a split second before dropping in all the words.

Cons:
Lack of programs - Hopefully when the SDK is official and Apple has software up for OTA downloading...although mine has third party apps and I would rate it a 10 for its features, its not the case because I had to go through some trouble to get it to work and I'd much rather have it working out of the box.

Size, if only it was slightly smaller in length and width I'd be 100% happy...

Vernon
posted on 10 Apr 2008, 15:41

Greatest Phone Ever!!!

For some reason this site is missing some info about the iPhone. It does have MMS. Whenever a person purchases a phone it's a what you see is what you get. You got that phone until you purchase a new phone. Where as the iPhone is up-datable thus meaning every few week when they release a new update, it's like you have a new phone. New features and more software. Since Apple just released their SDK to developers, there is just going to be so many more things you can do with it. Games galore at Playstation 1 resolution, you'll be able to record video on it and hundreds of other things. The possibilities seem endless. Most of the applications that are going to be released for the phone are going to be free as well. There is not one phone out now that gives you a FULL web browser. Their all scaled down for phone resolution.

tlsmiths
posted on 09 Apr 2008, 09:01

the mighty iphone

the mighty iphone... what can i say that phone is great i love the touch screen..the web..the youtube...email...well i love everything about the phone. expect there is no mms, you cant forwarding txt messages, i have a two year old son and i cand record videos.. just little small things that i hope the new 3g iphone has. overall its the best phone i every purchased. and i have had the blackjack..tilt...moto q...and pantech duo.

PH
posted on 05 Mar 2008, 13:08

Apple iphone........

The iphone is the best phone I have ever had. It may be a tad bit too expensive, but it is worth it. I will now go through each section of rating.
Design-The best on a cell phone to date. It is clear that Apple spent time into making the iphone. The only flaw is that the head phone jack is to recessed. Apple should have made it so that it is not recessed. I gave the iphone a 10 because the headphones provided by Apple are all I will ever use.
Features- The iphone so many features worth mentioning, like Youtube, Widgets, Safari, ipod, Maps and Mail. All these features put the iphone ahead of every other phone. The keyboard was no problem; I don't even know why so many people hate it. I can type so fast on it. My brother, a big texter, loves it. Also, the iphone does not need 3g on it (nor do I want it on the iphone) Edge is just fine. It loads frequent pages in 5-12 seconds, and can load a picture rich website (I tested www.miniclip.com) in a minute. There are two reasons why I gave the iphone an 8. First, there are no third party apps on it. March 6th, 2008 is when Apple is supposed to release a Software Development kit, but today is only March 3rd. Second, there is no Flash or Java on the iphone. This is a big feature I need sometimes on a webpage. Hopefully Apple adds these.
Sound Quality- Fair is all I can say. When it noisy I can't hear a thing so I have to use speaker phone alot. Speaker phone is alright. I gave the iphone an 8 after...

Matthew
posted on 10 Feb 2008, 17:34

ok..

this is a nice phone. looks and functions its got it all but there are better phones on the market and especially for the price its not worth it. its exactly the same as the se w960i but the se has a better camera. and alot cheaper!! or the n95 8gb but missing the touch screen but a better camera!!!

Frostfire
posted on 09 Feb 2008, 01:03

Awesome Device

Got the 16GB the other day, absolute dream to play with, the GPS locator on google maps is a joy to have, helped me out of a jam in SF today. fully compatible with isync, reception, sound quality are awesome! The internet even on Edge is a joy, this phone doesn't need 3G honestly. I recommend charging it on the wall though for better battery life overall.

Don
posted on 27 Jan 2008, 17:39

excellent

sadly, i have to wait till january 2009 to get my iphone, but im already excited plentiful. my brother, sister, cousin, and niece already purchased this beloved slim phone and they love it. i cant wait to get my hands all over a new one, since i will soon. i have already test ran with the ex. ceo of apple, since he is friends with my dad. i used it for a week, and just adored the safari internet browser, youtube cabality, music selection: audio, and digital appearance, and mail. cant beat the mail. its simply just a breeze to check my email since the main yahoo! page appears in seconds. also it is easy to install flash on this phone...if needed. it doesn't come with features like 5x5 cabality, and 98 standard proccecing, but i have managed to tune my sisters, giving her a brand new Safari 2008 intercom front with 5 second compabilty of loading the internet. i love this phone, and already pre ordered it. cant wait!

timothy
posted on 06 Jan 2008, 07:45

AT&T employee here

just picked up an iphone for myself i love it....cant wait until the 3G verison of this is released, i wonder if the design will change? Guys if any of you are currently AT&T customers or simply looking to sign up with AT&T then come to my page , its easy and convient and i will answer your questions asap, if your also looking to complete an upgrade to a new phone then i can assist with that as well

www.myspace.com/att_mobility_solutions