x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
Apple iPhone 4 Discussions
  • Options
    Close

iPhone 4 Beats All SuperPhones Today

magnumfinger 23 Jun 2010, 00:15 posted on

There's no doubt that the iPhone 4 today is the current superphone for the marketplace. Not saying that, we can't choose any alternatives if we want to. Although, one should realize that any smartphone has its time-clock, and iPhone's competitors isn't blind. Give this 3-4 months, and we'll see a new breed of smartphones which can perform at par or even better with this unit.

posted on 23 Jun 2010, 14:22

1. burtonsnow8 (Posts: 41; Member since: 05 Apr 2010)

WTF are you talking about?? Phones with similar or better hardware have been out since late 2009. I understand you are blinded by everything apple but open your eyes, in terms of hardware this phone is not the best out there. It is very good and comparable with the latest round of smartphones, but it is in no way superior. I love the new changes to the os4 and I think the added functionality will help push apple on par in terms of software, but they still have a ways to go on hardware (replaceable battery, SD card). Apple makes a quality product but in no way is its OS or hardware superior, just a different flavor.

posted on 27 Jun 2010, 09:01

2. richk (Posts: 32; Member since: 23 Jun 2010)

why is everyone hating s jobs has gone on record to say he takes old tech and makes it better i.e ipad etc

posted on 28 Jun 2010, 11:44

3. burtonsnow8 (Posts: 41; Member since: 05 Apr 2010)

It is not that I'm hating, it is just that people think this has never been done before. I'm not saying that they don't have a great user interface and intuitive features. I am not saying fuck apple and steve jobs, i'm just asking that iPhone and apple users stop being so arrogant. Your products are not THAT innovative. Although I don't agree with everything in this post it does have some validity: http://calacanis.com/2009/08/08/the-case-against-apple-in-five-parts/

posted on 07 Oct 2010, 22:36

5. osanilevich (Posts: 244; Member since: 29 Sep 2009)

bottom line, if you want apps look no further than apple. if you want super speced workhorses look for android, WinPhone 7 (they have the best specs but windows has a slight advantage due to its standard requirements) or HTC (perhaps the EVO or the G2 for its build quality). You can also start with something from the DROID lineup but they are getting kind of outdated. If you are in the market for a quick business/messaging phone its Blackberry and nothing else

posted on 16 Oct 2010, 04:41

6. dan55 (Posts: 1; Member since: 16 Oct 2010)

hi guys, ive got ip 3g and soon to upgrade - ip4 is obvious choice - but what about the HTC HD 2 ? cheers dan

posted on 17 Oct 2010, 15:20

7. osanilevich (Posts: 244; Member since: 29 Sep 2009)

if you're interested in the HD2 I recommend waiting for the HD7 and then making a choice

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Buy Accessories

Latest stories