x PhoneArena is looking for new authors in New York! To view all available positions, click here.
Apple iPhone 4 Discussions
  • Options
    Close

Who can help me backup iphone 3GS sms/contact to new iphone 4?

summera 22 Jul 2011, 02:20 posted on

am trying to get my SMS,contacts and pictures on my iPhone to be put either onto my computer or onto iTunes and I don't know how to do this.
Any help or advice would be greatly received.
Thanks in advance.

posted on 08 Sep 2011, 06:51

5. roselina (Posts: 5; Member since: 23 Jul 2011)

Are you using a Mac or a Windows PC? When I upgraded my phone all my contacts upgraded effortlessly between phones because they were 'hubbed' at my Mac. Same thing with my pictures which are organized in iPhoto. I can't recall what happened to my text messges; after I send them or read them, I don't really pay attention to them.
It used to be that iPhone users could buy a MobileMe membership (formerly iTools) but Apple stopped taking new customers because they're planning to revamp that service under the new iCloud moniker later this fall.
Besides what mentioned above, i like to share you a page about "iPhone Transfer Backup Reviews", which included transferring iPhone SMS/contacts and other contents to computer/iTunes.
Good luck!!
http://www.softwarebbs.com/wiki/IPhone_Transfer_Software_Reviews

posted on 14 Aug 2013, 19:19

8. Ikedcu (Posts: 4; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)

Tools listed on your site can''t transfer messages from one iphone to another. Only backup to computer.

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Buy Accessories

Latest stories