x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
Apple iPhone 4 Discussions
  • Options
    Close

Who can help me backup iphone 3GS sms/contact to new iphone 4?

summera 22 Jul 2011, 02:20 posted on

am trying to get my SMS,contacts and pictures on my iPhone to be put either onto my computer or onto iTunes and I don't know how to do this.
Any help or advice would be greatly received.
Thanks in advance.

posted on 08 Sep 2011, 06:51

5. roselina (Posts: 5; Member since: 23 Jul 2011)

Are you using a Mac or a Windows PC? When I upgraded my phone all my contacts upgraded effortlessly between phones because they were 'hubbed' at my Mac. Same thing with my pictures which are organized in iPhoto. I can't recall what happened to my text messges; after I send them or read them, I don't really pay attention to them.
It used to be that iPhone users could buy a MobileMe membership (formerly iTools) but Apple stopped taking new customers because they're planning to revamp that service under the new iCloud moniker later this fall.
Besides what mentioned above, i like to share you a page about "iPhone Transfer Backup Reviews", which included transferring iPhone SMS/contacts and other contents to computer/iTunes.
Good luck!!
http://www.softwarebbs.com/wiki/IPhone_Transfer_Software_Reviews

posted on 14 Aug 2013, 19:19

8. Ikedcu (Posts: 4; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)

Tools listed on your site can''t transfer messages from one iphone to another. Only backup to computer.

posted on 20 Jul 2015, 02:32

9. MasonTomas (Posts: 3; Member since: 20 Jul 2015)

You can backup iPhone contacts with iCloud. Go to "Settings">"iCloud" and log in your Apple id. Once it is done, Toggle the "Contacts" slider ON. It will be green when enabled. This will automatically back up all of your iPhone contacts from your Contacts app to your iCloud storage. And you can restore the data to your iPhone 4 by logging in the same iCloud account.

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Buy Accessories

Latest stories