x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
Apple iPhone 4 Discussions
  • Options
    Close

APPS!?

Clint (unregistered) 26 Dec 2010, 12:03 posted on

I am about to buy a new phone and am trying to decide between the iPhone4, Samsung Capticate, and HTC Surround. I have possibly narrowed it down to the iPhone4 or Samsung Captivate but i need to know something. I love the apps and games (free of course) on my old iPhone. Does the Samsung Captivate or HTC Surround offer basically the same apps and games? How does the app store compare?

posted on 26 Dec 2010, 12:04

1. Clint (unregistered)

and maybe Blackberry Torch

posted on 29 Dec 2010, 02:43

2. clevername (Posts: 1431; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)

Not exactly. The captivate offers some of the same games such as angry birds, although prices will vary between android and iOS. As far as the surround goes there are only 5000 apps and after playing with it myself there are several games that are the same such as assassins creed. If you have an Xbox live account and care about achievements get the surround, actually I would recommend the focus since it's screen is not only bigger but looks better. Games will bloom on windows phone 7 due to the tight Xbox live integration. Another plus is halo waypoint on windows phone 7 if your a halo fan.

However at the moment iPhone has way more apps and games than any competitor. And the quality is much much higher. Just take infinity blade as the beat example. Look it up. If your a gamer I wouldn't look to android. Maybe in the future, but that's a big maybe. iOS for now and windows phone 7 is a huge possibility of being a big gaming platform soon.

Blackberry isn't even in the gaming or app equation.

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Buy Accessories

Latest stories