Apple iPhone 4s User Reviews

Display8.1/10
Build quality8.5/10
Text input8.2/10

MCSnapTurtle
posted on 23 Jul 2015, 03:43 (Posts: 0; Member since: 23 Jul 2015)

Good Phone But An Old Phone

MCSnapTurtle has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I've had this phone for about 3 1/2 years now. It was a amazing phone in the first few years, however, after three years, the phone's battery is really bad and iOS 8 doesn't run that smoothly. I am also not able to use many apps due to the aging components.

Build quality 9/10 Many of my friend's iPhone 4s's screens are broken due to drops. However, the Glass and Metal Chassis feels very good in the hand.
UI speed 5/10 After 3 years, the phone lags when using ANY app.

Pros

• Excellent Build Quality
  • Good Screen Resolution (780p)
  • Simple, Easy To Use OS
  • Easy To Use One-Handed

Cons

• Small Screen (3.5")
  • Battery Not User Replaceable
  • Lacks MicroSD Storage Expansion
  • iOS Lacks Customization
  • Low Ram (512MB)
  • Weak Processor
  • Low Storage Capacity (16GB Model)
  • Weak Battery Life

stepan1262
posted on 04 Jun 2015, 02:45 (Posts: 0; Member since: 03 Jun 2015)

Iphone 4 is the best phone ever made

stepan1262 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

i have had this phone for three and a half years and it is still my favourite phone. it still works fine even with heavy applications (but sometimes it lags.) I do not want to change it because phones that are on the market right now are horrible compared to iphone 4s.

Pros

• awesome glass design
  • really comfy in the hand
  • cost itself
  • iOS

Cons

• small display
  • bad battery
  • slow (really old phone)

gilant
posted on 21 Apr 2015, 08:44 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Apr 2015)

Web design & development

gilant has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

very good.... bt need to update. some times is came to hang... and not so flaxyble to use... you can give some of your... update program with the phon.... like... mood on game... temperature testing....

miss_leigh98
posted on 31 Mar 2015, 05:34 (Posts: 0; Member since: 31 Mar 2015)

iPhone 4s- GREAT PHONETO BUY!!!!

miss_leigh98 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I've had this phone for a while now! I still love it but I am getting iPhone 5c, the reason for getting a new phone is because I want the iPhone 5c but would deffo go back to a 4s if I needed too! The iPhone 4s has good things about it, the only problem I have is the battery but that's okay with me, most iPhones i have had, the battery has gone. But I have found if you turn the brightness down and keep clearling your apps by double tapping the home button the phone last longer

Build quality 9/10 Great phone but cracks easy.
Reception 9/10 Sometimes lags but still recommend
Call quality 8/10 Signal goes sometimes
Internet 10/10 Great service

• Text

Scottl878
posted on 28 Mar 2015, 15:45 (Posts: 6; Member since: 29 Jan 2015)

Too small and lots of alternatives

Scottl878 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

This phone is very small I find it hard to text on it the screen should be at 4inches I don't recommend this phone. It's funny how a 3.5inch screen has a high priority and videos look small on this display.

Pros

• High Resolution Display
  • Built quality
  • Sound is good
  • High quality apps

Cons

• Too small of a display
  • Ios is boring
  • Storage gets filled up quickly
  • No Microsd card
  • Sometimes doesn't recognise wifi

Scottl878 alternatives:

hashankas
posted on 31 Dec 2014, 19:16 (Posts: 0; Member since: 16 Aug 2014)

awesome phone

hashankas has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

this is the best phone i hv ever had. great build quality. no any lags. ui is so smooth. only problem i hv is the btry life and the issue tht u can't downgrade to u earlier ios. awesome display. call quality is pretty decent. although the reception is not tht good. bt as for a 4 year old phone it's the best out there

Pros

• display
  • build quality
  • no lags

• can't downgrade

iphonereview
posted on 07 Nov 2014, 17:03 (Posts: 0; Member since: 07 Nov 2014)

Best BUILT iphone, although not as speedy, and a tiny display

iphonereview has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

The phone compared to the latest smartphones has a slow processor, and a tiny screen, although it is the best build phone (i believe) ever made, with quality materials that cant be beat. Best phone on the market if your looking to save a little money, other options (if your willing to sped 600$+) is an iphone 5s.

Build quality 10/10 All, glass with no plastic, the best build quality in an apple phone

• Sleek Design

Cons

• Speed (Really shows its age)
  • ios 8

tucktom666
posted on 24 Aug 2014, 05:25 (Posts: 0; Member since: 24 Aug 2014)

Still one of the best

tucktom666 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Actually still better than most Android phones out there. Perfect size, not the best on iOS 7, but still pretty damn good. I like the glass, if you're worried about breaking it then either don't get one, don't drop it, or get a good case for it. Great phone.

Pros

• Perfect size
  • Nice solid build
  • Great UI
  • Still better than most Androids

Cons

• Battery life not so good with iOS 7. But hey, I can live with that.

bobert1717
posted on 20 Apr 2014, 19:02 (Posts: 0; Member since: 20 Apr 2014)

Awesome phone

bobert1717 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Great all around phone for every day. Amazing camera super super fast, awesome apps paid and free. Beautiful display and colours, super fast on internet. Superb crisp sound and virtually every song i can think of available. I've dropped it hundreds of times and over time it has still held up physically and virtually. Overall it is the best phone I've ever had.

dlaxer47
posted on 12 Apr 2014, 21:48 (Posts: 0; Member since: 12 Apr 2014)

don't even think about it

dlaxer47 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

IPhones suck and I can't believe I dropped 200 on the iPhone 4 plus siri, worst purchase of my life... the screen is tiny and the colors are horrible. Ios is a jail. Hense the term jailbreak .. and whose idea was it to put glass on the part that gets dropped on the most??

Pros

• cute

Cons

• small
  • ios is bad

Ashoaib
posted on 26 Feb 2014, 14:38 (Posts: 2873; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)

worst phone I ever had

Ashoaib has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

The worst phone, I ever owned... I purchased it due to iphone's foolish hype.. slowly slowly I began to realise this phone is nothing then just a hype... before I was badly disappointed with nokia C7...

Everyday usage 1/10 Receiving calls n sms is ok... but this hugely expensive phone is not suppose to be good for this purpose only....
Text input 1/10 Due to very small screen, it is easy to make mistakes
Display 1/10 Bcoz it is a very small display

miki298
posted on 04 Jan 2014, 12:38 (Posts: 2; Member since: 04 Jan 2014)

miki298 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

It's a great phone,but the thing i hate the most is the lack of SD card and non removable battery,but the thing i hate the most is iOS 7.You are forced to upgrade sooner or later,but with iOS 6 the phone is awsome.The camera is great,so are the speakers,the mic is fantastic,the build quality is fenomenal,the phone is awsome

Call quality 9/10 The call quality is good but it's not perfect
Text input 10/10 The keyboard is so comfortable to use
Display 9/10 The display is amazing,wish it was a little bigger though
Battery 7/10 i have iOS 7 installed and the battery stinks,i used iOS 6 for a couple of days and the battery is good but with iOS 7 its awfull

Pros

• Build quality
  • Loud speakers
  • Fast
  • Stable
  • Great display (326 ppi)
  • Amazing Camera
  • Siri
  • Bluetooth 4.0

Cons

• No microSD card
  • non removable battery
  • battery lasts short(but with iOS 7)
  • OS isn't customizable like Android
  • lack of bluetooth sharing

Davpo
posted on 07 Nov 2013, 14:09 (Posts: 0; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)

IMMAPC

Davpo has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Just agreeing with IMMAPC I bought the 4s and really luv it. Then I tried out the 5C in a shop. I liked the bigger screen. Ok, it doesnt really make a lot of difference, other than allowing you to see one or two more items more. So then I was actually able to handle the 5C Like, not with the safety clip attached. But actually hold the phone in my hand. That was when I turned back to the 4S The 4S is far more enjoyable to hold. It becomes part of your hand. It made the 5C feel like a larger boat in a smaller river. Sort of akward. Almost cumbersome. After all, whatever you are doing on the phone, you always have to hold it. So that should be one of the prime factors, and one of the personal things, between you and the phone. In this respect and in comparison wit the larger screen 5c, the 4s is unique and wins on design points. Yay.

Pros

• excellent design, perfect `holding` phone
  • able to use one handed.

Cons

• battery life. But that is a niggle not really a problem

Dangerfield
posted on 29 Oct 2013, 06:50 (Posts: 0; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)

Still Great!

Dangerfield has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Build quality is outstanding for those people who want to use smartphones even with just one hand. Despite other smartphones having amazingly bigger screens, for me, a phone such as this that fits well in your pocket and that you can control with just one hand is what I can say practical. As to its glass body, well, just a buy a case particularly OB to protect your iPhone well.

As for the reception and call quality, I can say that the iPhone 4S is not the king. There are other smartphones better in that field. The iPhone 4S sometimes struggles to build a better reception, and as a consequence, affects the call quality.

The internet is good. Whether Wi-fi or data, the iPhone 4S really has a great connection. Its browser is also smooth especially in iOS7 which has a better UI.

What I hate about the iPhone is that users can not share files such as music via bluetooth. If you want a smartphone where you can share files via bluetooth, you may want to look for other phones.

The camera is still at its best. With an 8-megapixel camera that shoots 1080p videos, you'll never regret buying this phone. The iPhone 4S features realistic colors after capturing an image. But if you like phones with over-saturated colors of the photos taken, buy other phones.

UI speed is great except with the iOS 7 upgrade particularly in the messages app when the keyboard is open and you try to rotate the screen. That sucks.

Over all, this is a great phone if you like to keep things simple yet elegant.

Pros

• Pretty much everything except the cons

Cons

• No file sharing via bluetooth with other phones
  • Glass body, but you can buy various cases for it

Dangerfield alternatives:

davo12
posted on 25 Oct 2013, 14:55 (Posts: 0; Member since: 25 Oct 2013)

To IMMAPC

davo12 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Just read the review of ImmaPC. has said everything I would have said. Especially about the feel of the iphone 4s in the hand. Even with the larger screen of the 5 or 5s,I found the feel of the phone, wasnt as unique as the Iphone 4s.

Build quality 10/10 I including design, feel of the phone in the hand , weight, balance and that certain something. Ok, it maybe would not fare to well if dropped onto concrete. But still feels fresh to handle, and to hold, and to use, as it did the first day I got it. Is all.
Reception 9/10 havnt found any real problems
Call quality 9/10 no probs so far
Internet 8/10 works well, and speedy, but sometimes slightly awkward to navigate, but that is only a small niggle
Multimedia 9/10 I liked itunes. Apps and music have everything I want, and more besides.
Camera 9/10 Not a camera person, but it takes good quality pics, and so easy to upload them to different places
UI speed 9/10 Fast, or so I think
Everyday usage 8/10 I put eight for this, as further down the line I will have had more time with this phone, to judge
Text input 9/10 Love it
Display 9/10 brilliant,
Battery 7/10 lowest score, battery life is ok, but ...... given all the other quality, I can live with it just fine

Pros

• most everything, except battery life

Cons

• probably fragile, (ie dropped) battery life

21babydoll12
posted on 18 Oct 2013, 22:08

Best IPHONE design to date

21babydoll12 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I still have this phone. I actually collected the white one too. Black looks the best. But the build. WOW. Glass on glass is sultry. Love IT. Display is one of the best for its size. Only out matched by the Xperia S with its insane PPI. The phone itself has handle all my girly tantrum. And we go through A LOT. My every weekender phone. Cant live without until my battery started to lose is charge too quickly after idle. User experience is limited but I've learned to live with it. This means I avoid iTunes. The Phone rarely lagged and I apperciated the underground support for iOS. The responsiveness of the screen is the best. I cant find any other manufacture that can match the input text feel that this phone had. The display response is very sharp and snappy. But the limitations of iOS is a turn off. I want freedom to access my property and not APPLES. WIFI and bluetooth suck after 2 years. This phone is a work of art. But the quality of internal build sucks.

Multimedia 2/10 Please apple, let me free. I want to do what ever I want to my files

Pros

• That blonde bombshell look

ImmaPC
posted on 19 Sep 2013, 19:18 (Posts: 0; Member since: 19 Sep 2013)

Apple's High Point

ImmaPC has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

The iPhone 4s what definitely Apple's most brilliant creation ever. This is the phone that raised the bar to entirely new levels. Maybe even levels that they themselves wont ever be able to reach. With the sleek, eye grasping style and the new addition of Siri, this phone blasted itself miles ahead of its rivals. And as it did this, it took our expectations with it. The 4s has definitely made Apple what it is today.

This phone runs very smooth and is probably the most user friendly device out there. It's very comfortable to hold and fun to use. And on top of that, you get reception nearly everywhere. I can't remember the last time that I haven't had service, and I live in Kansas.

Now that the 5 has been out for awhile and the 5s and 5c have been revealed, I can compare the 4s to what was supposed to make it a thing of the past. Let me put it like this. If someone were to lay the 4s, the 5, and the 5s and 5c in front of me and give me a choice as to which one I would take, I would take the 4s. This phone is still, in my opinion, the best phone out there. I have used the 5 and it doesn't have the same feel as the 4s and I assume that the 5s is going to be the same way.

If you are wanting to switch to the iPhone, I would strongly suggest getting the 4s. It's going to be almost free with a two year contract and it is still at the top. This phone will not disappoint.

Build quality 7/10 The glass looks cool... but lets be realistic.
Reception 10/10 I have reception everywhere I go with this phone, but this might be because I'm with Verizon.
Call quality 7/10 The quality is still not as clear as I would like it to be. Voices still get muffled and hard to understand.
Internet 8/10 Safari works great, it's just a little slow for my liking.
Multimedia 10/10 Simply outstanding.
Camera 7/10 The iPhone camera can be a little misleading. When you take a picture and view it on the iPhone screen, it looks flawless... but only until you get it on a computer. When you get the picture out to its full dimensions, the quality goes down the drain. It's nowhere near as clear and crisp on a computer as it is on the iPhone.
UI speed 9/10 This phone is pretty speedy, but not quite up to "Flash" status.
Everyday usage 10/10 Once again. Simply outstanding.
Text input 9/10 The touch screen is very, very accurate. I came from a device where the touch screen was pretty sketchy, so I was a little skeptical. But this touch screen turned out to be flawless, except for those moments when the phone would lag out.
Display 10/10 Everything looked absolutely beautiful on this screen.
Battery 7/10 I'm a battery freak. I want to get the most out of my device. I make sure that my battery dies all the way before I charge it and I let it charge completely before I unplug it to get the most I can while I'm on the go. Even though I did this, the battery still didn't last as long as I would have liked. I found myself having to adapt my life to the battery life of this phone, which wasn't that huge of a deal... but still...

Pros

• Beautiful display
  • Very user friendly
  • Great specs
  • Amazing reception
  • Comfortable screen size

Cons

• Short battery life
  • Glass body

the_tech_squad
posted on 30 May 2013, 02:34 (Posts: 0; Member since: 30 May 2013)

This is a fast and user friendly phone but lacks the customization of android

the_tech_squad has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

This phone has gone under out testing for over a year now and we had decided that the phones is fast and user friendly phone but lacks the customization of android witch is needed in this day and age or is it?

belieber1996
posted on 27 May 2013, 09:52 (Posts: 0; Member since: 27 May 2013)

Pretty Impressive

belieber1996 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The iPhone 4S is an ideal phone for everyday use. The processor, display, and the latest iOS gives it an updated, yet refined feel. The dimensions of this phone are pretty solid with aluminum and glass, so I would recommend getting a case of this phone in case you drop it. 16 GB built in isn't too bad, just try not to take too many selfies or videos with the stunning 8 MP Camera. The front facing VGA Camera can look grainy at times, though with video calls I had no difficulty. Music, gaming, and web browsing are quite snappy, and I found little trouble accommodating with it. The battery life of the iPhone is quite impressive if you know how to utilize it throughout the day. I've gained an accustom to the 3.5" Retina display, which is quite sharp if you ask me. The onscreen keyboard I have no problem typing with, since the phone cradles in my hand quite perfectly. Call quality is my only trouble, especially over wifi, in which the reception can be quite hard to obtain. Overall, I would highly recommend this phone to anyone who is interested in buying one, as I am giving this one away and going with a larger android phone.

Pros

• Apple A5 Dual-Core Processor
  • 8 MP Camera
  • Retina Display
  • High PPI (pixels per inch)
  • Ideal for Gaming

Cons

• Front Facing VGA Camera
  • A Bit Fragile
  • Screen could be Larger

ChuckAzEee1
posted on 12 May 2013, 17:56 (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 May 2013)

Perhaps one of the best phone Apple ever came out with.

ChuckAzEee1 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

A excellent phone despite the current iPhone 5 upgrade. Eventually this phone will no longer be able to handle the upcoming iOS upgrades. Apple came out with one of the best phones which truly trumped the 4 version in both battery and quality.

Build quality 8/10 A durable phone in comparison to the newer thinner iPhone 5.
Reception 8/10 Working in Manhattan, the taller buildings obscure the phone signal.
Multimedia 9/10 Apple's iOS is perhaps the best even for this older model phone.
Camera 7/10 Back camera s awesome, the frontal is substandard.
Display 7/10 The display could be a bit larger but it OS suffice.

Ido-Mobile
posted on 16 Apr 2013, 07:07 (Posts: 4; Member since: 16 Apr 2013)

The best smartphone I've ever had. Well, it's also the first one...

Ido-Mobile has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

As my first smartphone, after a couple of Samsung devices, one from the Stone Age, the other a crappy resistive-touchscreen one, the iPhone 4S set quite a high bar for my next handset. Its display is by all means great -- better than all of its competitos at the time -- but it's just too small. It's fast, and still runs most games like it did when it was launched, but if you buy one now, don't expect it to last more than a year without seeing hiccups (given you update your software and actually do stuff that aren't built into the OS), if my parents' iPhone 4 devices are any indication. Oh, and if you want a beatifully-designed phone, either pass on the 4S or shop for a good-looking case, unless spider-web-shaped shatters are your thing.
Considering the Galaxy S III is basically in the same price range by now, don't buy the iPhone 4S.

Build quality 7/10 It's gorgeous, really, and the materials are very premium feeling. But what's the point of having premium materials, if they basically have to be hidden by a case, just to make sure they don't shatter?
Reception 10/10 Have not had any issues throughout my entire use period with the phone. The lack of LTE doesn't bother me at all, as there's no such network operating in my country.
Call quality 9/10 It is a great phone, not only smart. It handles my rare phone calls quite easily, though I would've liked the speakerphone to be a bit louder.
Internet 9/10 Performs perfectly, but the 3.5-inch screen is too small for prolonged web-browsing sessions. Whenever I need to use the browser for over 5 minutes, I just wait until I get home to work with a larger display.
Multimedia 8/10 The music player is absolutely phenomenal. It's easy to use, and with iOS 6, it also looks great. Sound output from the speaker is sufficient - not more than that. The video player is fairly capable, but then again, how often will you watch a video on a 3.5-inch display?
Camera 10/10 Flawless. 'nuff said.
UI speed 10/10 It's absolutely fast at performing every task. There are little-to-no hiccups when it comes to performance.
Everyday usage 10/10 So good, even my toddler cousin figures out how to use it. iOS feels as though it's behind the curve, but there's no denying it's the easiest mobile OS to use, and its baked-in core applications are comprehensive.
Text input 10/10 The keyboard is great, arguably the best software keyboard of all.
Display 8/10 Incredibly sharp and detailed, but it's small. Way too small...
Battery 7/10 It gets me through an entire school-day, but whenever I need it from the morning through 7 or 8 pm, without access to a charger, I have to disable key functions (such as 3G, and depend on the slower GPRS network) just so it can hold on, barely.

Ido-Mobile alternatives:

Clement97
posted on 03 Apr 2013, 11:37 (Posts: 4; Member since: 26 Dec 2012)

I love it

Clement97 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

It has a very responsive UI and an elegant design combined with a superb camera and build quality.It has Siri that really works. It also has top notch call quality.The iPhone is also a platform for thousands of games and other apps.Also as the updates are directly given out by Apple,you will get an update at the instant the update is released.

Pros

• superb build quality
  • cool design
  • the best camera on a phone
  • small dimensions..easy for one hand use

Cons

• lacks NFC

Clement97 alternatives:

mikaiil
posted on 07 Jan 2013, 09:23 (Posts: 0; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)

iPhone 4s review

mikaiil has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

its a good phone overall but the glass back makes it delicate if you drop it i would recommend buying a supportive case with the phone. the camera is very good great for out door and indoor photos. the battery life is good if u like to listen to music, but for playing games the battery dies out pretty fast. in general its a pretty good phone and you can use it for many things such as school to take notes and for work. the touch screen is great by my perspective, it doesn't lag when you type. as for reception, it depends on which provider your with, i would recommended rogers because it has good plans for iPhones and its a north American company so you would have decent reception every where

Build quality 10/10 its a strong phone and it has a nice gloss to it
Reception 10/10 depending on the provider
Call quality 10/10 the speaker and microphone are both good quality

Pros

Cons

• batery

mikaiil alternatives:

hassamrehmat
posted on 03 Jan 2013, 05:56 (Posts: 0; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)

Above Average

hassamrehmat has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

it is a good cell phone for every day usage as it is a compact and easy to fit in a pocket. Although comparing it with its rivals, a bigger screen could have been better.It has an awesome camera and great multimedia experience.

Pros

Cons

• Small screen size

Genius35
posted on 01 Jan 2013, 10:09 (Posts: 0; Member since: 01 Jan 2013)

awesome

Genius35 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

phone that ave amazing specifications like cameram, SIRI, screen, internet browser, iOS and muc, much more. At first i fancyed android, but when i tried tihs iPhone at the store i buyed it and I am suprised.

• iOS
  • screen
  • design
  • speed

Cons

• nothing...

Genius35 alternatives: