Apple iPhone 4 Verizon User Reviews

Camera7.7/10
Multimedia7.8/10
Internet7.3/10

Owlet
posted on 21 Feb 2011, 19:02 (Posts: 446; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)

I couldn't wait to get it. Then couldn't wait to send back!

Owlet has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I had HTC Incredible and was very happy with it. But still, I couldn't wait to get this "wonderful" iPhone, just like many more millions of people. What a mistake it was! This phone is nowhere near what other phones can do now. Internet was so slow compared to my HTC. So was the reception, not as good. Interface is so bland, there's nothing attractive about this phone (IMHO), despite all the hype. Plus, my camera was broken, shutter wouldn't open. I understand it's another common problem with this thing, in addition to dropped calls, death grips and so on...

I had to happiest days of my life: the day I finally got my iPhone, and the day I sent it back!

Internet 2/10 Very slow
Camera 1/10 Broken

Pros

Cons

• Outdated
  • No customazation
  • No flash
  • Slow internet
  • Apps more expensive, less free apps than android market

polkadot
posted on 13 Feb 2011, 14:03 (Posts: 0; Member since: 13 Feb 2011)

Returned Mine iPhone 4

polkadot has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

In my mind this phone was the best, but in person didn't meet my expectations. I'm sure it will beget better after Verizon speeds up the internet and gets Flash. I sent mine back
Did a side by side test with a HTC Driod Incredible and the Droid was so much fast then the iphone :( My push didn't work right called Verzion they said send it back.

Pros

• Awesome Screen

Cons

• Battery did last more then 7 hours
  • internet so SLOW
  • No Flash
  • Push didn't work

seanmburke66
posted on 13 Feb 2011, 13:13 (Posts: 0; Member since: 13 Feb 2011)

My first smartphone. All i hoped for.

seanmburke66 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Great phone. Plan to keep it for the duration of my contract unless something goes seriously wrong. Overall, no complaints besides battery life. It just needs a task manager or app killer and it would be perfect. The bright side is I can basically charge it wherever I go because I have my laptop with me often. Also for the internet, if you are a Verizon customer and planning on getting this phone, the internet is fine. Not slow at all. There is no speed difference from all the Droids on the market. Individual ratings will go in more depth below.

Build quality 10/10 Very sturdy plus many case options to protect it
Reception 10/10 No problems with the so called "death grip". Verizon moved the antennas to fix that issue
Internet 10/10 Nothing really to compare to for me so it gets the job done. I see no need for the voice and data at the same time so that is a non issue also. Not slow at all.
Multimedia 10/10 Music and Video are all from Itunes and the quality is great on the retina display
Camera 9/10 I'd give it a 10 if it had a slightly better camera on the front and an 8mp for the back. No complaints, just recommendations.
UI speed 10/10 What else can you expect from Apple
Everyday usage 10/10 Everything I ever need in a day. Listen to music, play games, send texts, check emails, phone calls, etc.
Text input 10/10 The best touch qwerty interface on any phone available. Just beats out the swype for the new samsung phones and the touch on the new htc models as well.
Display 10/10 Beautiful. End of story.
Battery 7/10 Could be better. Needs an app killer or task manager like the droid. If I'm not playing games or anything that uses intense battery, it lasts a while. But still could use some work.

Pros

• Everything but battery

Cons

• Needs app killer or task manager

Aaron Katz
posted on 13 Feb 2011, 09:52

Great phone!

Aaron Katz has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I got the Droid X about a week ago and was having so many software issues with it, I just couldn't stand it, so I swapped it for the iPhone! It was a great choice because of the simplicity, while still being able to control what you want. The only issue I had was that the 3G cut out yesterday and I had to restart it to get it back, but I had that problem with my BlackBerry Storm2 a lot, so I'm not too worried.

Build quality 10/10 Build materials are of the highest quality

• Screen resolution

Cons

• Death Grip

cheetah2k
posted on 12 Feb 2011, 02:45 (Posts: 859; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)

Still suffers from Death Grip

cheetah2k has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Still has antenna issues.. Not sure how Phonearena gave it a 9/10 - cash for comments??.. Really, its just the same o shit just a different carrier... Battery still doesn't last a day without a recharge..

The original iPhone 4 is 6 months old. Should have a better CPU and better camera in whats essentially just a CDMA refresh.

Pros

• Brilliant screen

Cons

• Poor battery
  • Death Grip (Still)
  • Same 6 month old hardware

Marvelboy95
posted on 11 Feb 2011, 14:59 (Posts: 0; Member since: 07 Feb 2011)

Best phone i've owned

Marvelboy95 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I'm not exaggerating when I give this phone a 10. I used to think that Android was superior to iPhone, but after owning this phone I realize that I was completely wrong. If you are considering buying this phone, I would get it :).....................

Pros

• Extremely fast, and its Retina Display is Amazing!

Cons

• Call volume is good, but not great.

Duane
posted on 10 Feb 2011, 21:11

Not As Good As At&t,

Duane has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I was one of the lucky people to preorder this phone or Let me specify Unlucky. The Verizon Version of the iPhone 4 can't keep up with it's Competition. This phone is running 3g and is slow, very slow. You also can't surf and talk at the same time as well. I plan on returning my Why Phone 4 and switch back to a more reliable device such as the Droid X. I here Verizone Is working on a LTE Phone to get in the 4g crowd. I believe it is by Samsung and has a much more reliable operating system like Android 2.3 Gingerbread hopefully. All I can say is Verizon, give the iPhone 4 back to the GSM Networks or step up to the plate and give customers a bigger discount. Who knows, maybe a year from know you guys will have figured out.

Pros

• Overall Display Is Beautiful. Crystal Clear Reception, Solid Build.

Cons

• Slow Slow Slow Slow