Apple iPhone 3G User Reviews

Camera6.7/10
Multimedia7.3/10
Internet6.7/10

K4rlos
posted on 20 Oct 2014, 07:20 (Posts: 1; Member since: 19 Oct 2014)

Iphone 3g 8gb

K4rlos has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

It was my first phone, I was using it for more than three years. It used to be really great smartphone at the time, fast and quite powerful, but now I cannot recommend it to anybody. Today it is only capable of calling and texting. Just forget about it. Nothing to stare at.

Build quality 8/10 It started slowly to break up after three years or sth, but was made really well.
Reception 9/10 No problems
Call quality 8/10 OK
Internet 6/10 With no problems until html5
Multimedia 6/10 Low pixel density, not capable of deleting music without PC, but good player
Camera 2/10 Camera was a joke.
UI speed 8/10 Fast, up to the end of its life
Everyday usage 5/10 System version not supported, that made it unusable
Text input 8/10 Gets a bit laggy while texting furiously.
Display 3/10 Time goes by
Battery 5/10 One day hero

Pros

• fast UI
  • handy

Cons

• low ppi
  • slow apps
  • not supported anymore
  • no camcorder
  • poor camera quality

MYTHiKAL
posted on 22 Dec 2011, 15:33 (Posts: 33; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)

AWESOME PHONE WAY BACK WHEN I GOT IT OVER 3 YEARS AGO..

MYTHiKAL has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Over 3 years ago when I literally tested all the best smart phones out there including the so called first iPhone killer the "Samsung Instinct" LOL this phones only took 10 minutes to convinced me that it was by far the best..

It may be too late to submit a quick review on it, but figure I take the time and do so.. :)

Internet 8/10 It deserves a lower score here, but i gave it an 8 because back then, this phone did very well in that area.. so am not going to allow the old network affect the overall score
Battery 6/10 Very low battery. then again it could had been due to network/signal issues that back then were a big problem. your battery will always be affected when the reception is bad/spoty..

Pros

• At the time, it was the best by far..
  • The specific Apps that I needed only the iPhone had them
  • The best screen.

Cons

• Froze at times but wasnt too common at least.

MYTHiKAL alternatives:

HexagonalToastt2
posted on 07 Jul 2011, 23:40 (Posts: 0; Member since: 07 Jul 2011)

Good Phone

HexagonalToastt2 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I loved it. It was a really great phone. I loved the texting on it and it was good with everyday use. One of the things i didn't like was the battery. I would get bored sometimes and i would only use it for a few hours and it would die. You have to charge it whenever you can. Another thing is the internet. It was pretty slow most of the time and it was choppy when you moved it around.

Internet 6/10 it was really slow most of the time
Battery 9/10 it lasted about 5 − 6 hours of continuous use. i think that's good but i wished it lasted longer.

Pros

• display
  • everyday use
  • build quality

• internet

Kari
posted on 31 Oct 2009, 08:42

The best phone ever!

This is the best phone ever. Design: It just looks amazing, doesn't it?Features:So many apps, for like everything. And so many are free. Performance: Easy to operate, and very quick.I <3 iPhone

Pros

• Great videos and music

posted on 24 Sep 2009, 10:14

im 15 and ive had this phone since sept of 08 and its a really good phone but the only bad thing about it is that it will freeze up and i have 2 restart it and sometimes it wont pull up hte webpage and i have 2 restart it or something like that but other then that its a really good phone and it takes great pics!!! and all of the apps on it are really fuin!!!
i would recomend this phone!!!!!!!

michael beach
posted on 07 Sep 2009, 13:00

smart move

I had been with verizon for almost 4 yrs until recently i had some billing issues that couldnt be resolved with them , so i cancelled my service with verizon.I was hesitant to go with AT&T but i thought wht the heck ...i purchased the iphone about 2 weeks ago and am blown away by the features that acompany such an outstanding device, the only thing i dont like is the lack of MMS, which by my understanding, there would be an update for it this month,and it is true what everyone is saying ,having an iphone does cost more ,but only about 5 bucks a month which is a drop in the bucket,i am used to having to pay for the unlimited data plan and unlimited messaging , and the only price dif is the messaging , not a big deal, AT&T service is acually better so not a bad deal ..KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK APPLE/AT&T!!!!!!!!

nun ya bidness
posted on 04 Jul 2009, 16:25

Insane junk (in a good way)

OMG what a phone its so cool it gives me chocolate ice cream and it makes the best grilled cheese EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caleb
posted on 17 Jun 2009, 12:13

WOW

The Iphone is amazing. the keyboard is a little small but they are fixing that. The size is perfect but, if you dont get some type of case for it, you feel like you will drop it. People complain about crashing. But on any other phone you will lose "all" data. So Iphone does not crash, it reboots.

Pros

• Video Quality
  • Performance
  • Internet
  • Mail
  • phone

Cons

• Small Keyboard
  • Slippery

"i"hate this "Phone"
posted on 06 Jun 2009, 15:51

"I" 'm not to thrilled with this "Phone"

Was on the fence about renewing my contract w/ the guys in blue but decided to give the IPhone 3G a chance earlier this year.  I initially liked the touchscreen interaction over that of the BBerry Storm and the apps were easier to download rather than going through BBerry's new App World.  However, it only took me a month to break it.  Device started cramping up while in the web and occassionally I'd have to re-boot it just to make the phone hang up.  Heard from a friend some IPhones were exhibiting this characteristic where if you hang up too quick the device wont hang up at all and guess who was the lucky owner of one of these "lucky" few.  Got the device replaced but was thouroughly dissappointed when the replacement starting kicking me off the web and not every once in a while but everytime!  Took it back to the "Fruit" stand for help and the answer I got was that this was a known issue for some devices.  Starting to notice a trend?!  I was told to turn off the Data option a couple times throughout the day to fix the issue which I didn't really understand but I complied anyway.  Finally hit my breaking point when the dropped calls starting happening.  Not one or two but every other and everywhere.  AT&T worked ok on my Curve but service on the IPhone was horrific.  Who knows; maybe I just got served 2 lemons but decided to ditch the IPhone and the network for Verizon.  My time is important to me...

Pros

• Great Apps though mostly unnecessary, Love the Touchscreen and the Size

Cons

• Device freezes, Keep your schedule open because you'll be making the "Fruit" stand your new home-away-from-home, Would try the next version if Verizon picks it up

Richie
posted on 04 Jun 2009, 13:51

Terrible device! Better step it up apple!

I have to say that this device was a complete waste of time, there is nothing great about the iphone.  First off, I'm a blackberry user, so i figured i'd test the iphone against it, and i must say, a BIG disappointment...The iphone freezes when you try to multitask too quickly, not to mention the battery doesnt even last an entire day and i do my personal and business tasks on it, i dont have have time to recharge the phone 2x a day.  The apps are cool, ill give them that, but i absoluetly dont need an app for everything!!! but i have to give apple props for the touch screen, which is amazingly accurate, but when you have to type emails, txts, and search the internet, i like the tactile feel of actual keys because lets be honest, some of us have a knack to txt while driving, and ive had my bb for so long, i dont have to look at the keys anymore, but before you make your decision to buy this device, find a friend who has it, and literally spend a few hours with it doing everything you would normally do, trust me it'll save you time AND money

Pros

• -Apps
  • -Best touch screen out on the market
  • -Safari browser

Cons

• - BATTERY BATTERY BATTERY
  • -No flash on camera
  • -Not very customizable when it comes to sounds/profiles/etc
  • -Very limited on the customization
  • -Boring

Adammmd
posted on 21 May 2009, 11:15

great phone, have had mine for 6 months. no problems at all, with the iphone software update this summer it'll be even better!

Pros

• ipod, huge screen, looks amazing.

Cons

• no flash on the camera.

Camille
posted on 19 May 2009, 15:21

disappointed. replaced it with samung impression!

I used to have an I Phone and I was disoppointed. I didnt do my homework before buying and was sad when i found out no MMS or no bluetooth suppport. The samsung impression is way better. Texting will be much easier on the impression and a lot of these ppl on here who said texting is harder with i phone i agree it is. You can use the full keyboard to text on the impression or you can use the touch screen keyboard your choice. Thats another thing I like i about it. You can do MMS, and bluetooth just perfect on the impression. I would go strongly with the samsung Impression its the best one and the screen and display is awesome too. Also has 3D sound.

Pros

• ipod+phone

Cons

• no MMS
  • no bluetooth suppport
  • 2MP cam

JuliAnn
posted on 07 May 2009, 00:33

In Response to T-mobile person.

You have a T-mobile service on your iphone, doesn't mean that you will still get great quality like that of AT&T customers. It doesn't work like that. You are still using T-mobile towers and service, with just a phone.. The iphone, is just a phone made by Apple, and provided through At&t, and has nothing to do with fewer dropped calls, or better reception. You are never ever going to get good service unless you actually have AT&T, because you will then be working off At&t service. For example, you can by a blackberry curve from several different providers, and have them unlocked, and use them with a different provider. But doesn't mean using them through a different provider, will help, you are still using your same old provider. But anyways, I have an Iphone, and will never go to any other phone. I am actually on my second Iphone, because I broke my screen on the first one. Other than that, It's like having a computer in the palm of your hand.

T-Mobile Iphoner
posted on 29 Apr 2009, 21:23

Using Iphone 3g w/ T-Mobile

Okay, so I've been using my Iphone 3g on T-mobile for about the past 6 months now.  I have been a loyal T-mobile customer for close to 8 years and have been through atleast 8-10 phones with them in that time period.  After hearing about how many AT&T customers were unhappy with the call reception w/ their Iphone, I thought, great, I can have the best of both worlds with my T-mobile svc. hooked up to my Iphone- Well, over the past 8 years, I had NO problems with dropped calls w/ T-mobile until I got the Iphone, which leads me to believe that the actual radios Apple uses in the phone to draw signals is weaker than the majority of other phones on the market.  I drop many more calls with the Iphone which is a shame, because the actual device itself it great, and fun to use, for me anyways.  I just wish it pulled stonger signals more consistently.  So do I like the device itself enough to keep it until a newer Iphone comes out w/ hopefully a stronger radio? Yes, but I am definitely keeping my eye on the Palm Pre to see how that's going to compete.  Hope this was helpful.

Pros

• -Great/Clear screen
  • -Camera's really good
  • -Easy/fun to use
  • -Internet interface is great
  • -E-mails are easy to access (Hotmail,Yahoo,Gmail)

Cons

• -Call quality
  • -Drops calls more than reg. phones (Yes, even on T-mobile)
  • -If using internet or texting generously, battery will only last 8-10 hours

Andy
posted on 09 Apr 2009, 14:30

Love it

I love the Iphone the screen it amazing. I really enjoy the games and the texting the way it comes up lik msn is really cool. I has been quite tough i have droped it a few time and been a trampoline with it and it still works fine. The one down fall is you have to apple soft ware which can be slow and you cant just plug it in copy and paste and go you have to wait.But the Iphone 3G is a great phone and is slated for minor things. The battery life is good just charge it write over charging dose destroy the life of all batterys. There is to be a new iphone only it will be 32Gb so look forward to that.The iphone dose come in t mobile but its german so. O2 is good the suprise are wicked.

Pros

• Gaming
  • Number ! gaget of the year on gaget show.
  • The texting and voice quilty in calls.

Cons

• can frezze but is rare
  • hard to type texting needs to widescreen.
  • Not the toughest should be for its price.
  • And the white edition can show up marks more than white.

gali94
posted on 28 Mar 2009, 08:54

Iphone... my nightmare.

I purchased an iphone at the rogers store in the mall that i am closest to.  Everything was set, i had signed lal the papers, and then i was the owner of a iphone. You would think 'cool' right? well it wasnt.  When I got home and turned the phone on i was amazed, the screen, the texting, but then i actually tried to call someone. It's called a iPHONE right, well i tried to call someone and my phone would not hang up.  there was a glitch in it that would not let me hang up and when i put the phone to my ear the screen wouldnt turn off (you know how it does this so that way your face doesnt hit the buttons), so i ened up hanging up on people when i didnt want to.  When I brought it back to the Rogers store to get a new one, they said that they would not give me a phone. I was really mad, because apparently there is a thing in the contract (which they NEVER TOLD ME ABOUT) that says that if you use the phone for over 30 hours, you cannot get a refund.  And since i could not hang up my phone, some of my calls went on for about 20 minutes! I started calling people and at one point it was just a big word battle. I ended up getting a new one, sheesh, my parents have been costomers with rogers for 10 years!! the phone is ok, but trying to type on that thing is a nightmare, and even the new one freezes on me.

Pros

• nice screen
  • nice camera
  • you can listen to your songs
  • thats pretty much it
  • It looks nice
  • The apps are ok... (som are pretty much pointless unless you are willin to pay big bucks for the ones that arent free)

Cons

• Is a bit too big...cant stick it in a pant pocket (but i guess you need a big screen to touch and move stuff around)
  • has good battery charge... if you have absolutly no apps and you dont call anyone :P
  • texting is TERRIBLE
  • calling is difficult... soo many buttons, and you end up hitting one of them
  • figuring out how to work the darn thing is a nightmare!!

Rob C
posted on 15 Mar 2009, 22:28

I love this phone.  It has everything that you would need in a basic smartphone.
Set up was easy and fast.  I had an AT&T 8525 before this and it took a little to get it to synch properly.

There are some things that are missing, but I can see the reasoning now as more and more of my coworkers and friends upgrade to better phones.
MMS - older, dying technology that is being phased out slowly.  Email is the way to go with this.
Camera - 2MP is just not good enough anymore and zoom is also missed.  Also I'd like to be able to shoot video.

I've since jailbroke my phone and now can do video recording so that is covered.

Pros

• Easy setup
  • Integration with my mac - iCal/Address book/iTunes music
  • Visual Voicemail

Cons

• Camera and video

Jenn
posted on 14 Mar 2009, 21:16

booooooo

Dont really like the phone at all. I think it was a huge waste of money plus At&t service is garbage. The phones size might be the best thing. The battery is always dying and when it freezes i have to deal with it because i cant take out the battery. The texting is hard and how can this phone do everything except MMS?? They should have cut back on all the apps and put MMS on this. I think if the phone was on verizon it would be 10x better!! Good try Apple just stick to Computers :)

Pros

• The size of the screen

• No MMS
  • AT&T(the worst of them all!!!)
  • No Battery that i can take out

damstachizz
posted on 14 Mar 2009, 02:51

iPhone 3G

Bought my iPhone 3G about 5 months ago.
Last month, i sent it back to apple because the screen failed. They wouldn't fix it because apparently, it has a dent on it. After recieving it back from America (i'm in Australia), i found a 2mm sized dent on the back plastic which wasn't there when i sent it away.
Forgetting for the fact what can happen in the mail, please explain to me how in the hell a 2mm sized dent can possibly damage the screen? the dent would have been bigger if it had been dropped.

Now, aside from the fact that Apples warranty is complete rubbish, the iPhone itself is EXTREMELY useless.
After a few months, you will realise the iPhone IS NOT A PHONE. It is a mobile palm pocket with a useless phone function slapped on for good measure.
The texting is crap, the menus are crap and the reception is CRAP.

If you want a palm pocket that you can use for BASIC phone and text functions, buy an iPhone.
Because - in all seriousness - the Motorola V3X I'm using at the moment (1/6th the price of iphone, years old) is a better PHONE than the $1200 iPhone 3G.

Pros

• - Great at being an ipod, video player and overall palm pocket

Cons

• - Absolutely useless as a phone
  • - WAY too overpriced
  • - Bad warranty

michael hood
posted on 21 Feb 2009, 15:54

iphone is the best

i bought a 16 gig whit iphone yesterday and i am nothing but impressed with it...even if it lacks the feature of video recording and mms but they have apps for those so theres nothing to worry about...there are even apps for video confrenceing so who cares lol...the iphone overall is the best phone i work for at&t customer service so i take calls all day and listen to people complain about there phones and everybody i talk to LOVES there iphone ( with the occasional call of somebody dropping it and not having insurance because you cant with the iphone thats the only downfall) the apps the iphone have make life so much easier and let me have my email myspace facebook chats aim everything togther its sooo convinent considering im balancing work and school i never have time for the computer...its amazing i wou7ld recomend this to anyone also apple has a 1 yr extended warranty

charlie wilson
posted on 19 Feb 2009, 21:41

best phone ever had

great phone just is missing simple features like copy paste and a simple landscape sms keyboard

Pros

• looks great
  • fun to use
  • ipod

Cons

• no sms landscape keyboard
  • no copy paste

vmatikov
posted on 28 Jan 2009, 17:03 (Posts: 55; Member since: 28 Jan 2009)

One of the best...

The 3G iPhone is undenaibly one of the best phones out on the market. And for a number of reasons
1. Visual Voicemail -- I hate having to listen through my voicemail. Seeing it in a list is amazing. Very, very few phones have this one. Apple and RIM, as far as I'm aware, are the only ones to offer it. However where I am, its only Apple.
2. The App Store -- The App Store allows you to customize your iPhone with over 10,000 applications avaliable. Written to use dedicated APIs in the OS X software, these apps appear as if they BELONG on the phone. No other phone has this level of integration, or at least not for this amount of applications. (This barrs apps that are poorly written--because those do exist).
3. Largest Touch Screen Avaliable -- The iPhone has a 3.5" 480 x 320 24-bit display. While there are other phones with 24-bit (16.7 million color) displays, and some even have better white balance, the iPhone has the largest (again as far as I'm aware--and I've done quite a bit of research) and very, very clear display. It also features Apple's patended multi-touch, which handles gestures like no other.
4. SMS Capacity -- I know this is stretching it a bit, but I'm just a person that likes to keep EVERY single txt ever sent. I like to know what I talked about with that person. The iPhone has bascially an unlimited capacity for txts. I think its something like 100,000. Compare that with other phone capacities of 50-250, or the occasional 500. (There are phones with 1000+, but nowhere...

• Touch Screen
  • Accelerometer
  • App Store
  • Safari Web Browser

• Lack of MMS
  • Some stability problems (although these are constantly being worked on by Apple in software updates)

ravensfan55
posted on 17 Jan 2009, 21:13

Great phone!

I was on the fence about getting an iPhone 3G. My main concerns were the virtual keyboard and battery life. I've been using my phone for a while now, and I love it! Not only does this phone do everything you could possibly want it to do, but it has no limits! The App Store is one of the best features. Tons of games and apps for free, and tons more that you can pay for. The software sets the standard for mobile UI. Simple and easy to navigate with. Safari is by far the best browser on a phone, period. It renders pages perfectly, and has smooth scrolling, and the multi-touch makes the zoom feature great! Call quality is excellent, along with reception. AT&T has the fastest 3G network, and it shows. I have not had a problem loading pages on 3G. It's more than twice as fast as EDGE.

Pros

• Beautiful design
  • UI is the standard
  • Tons of features
  • Decent battery life
  • Great call quality
  • Great sound quality
  • Fast browser
  • GPS is good

Cons

• No MMS
  • No video recording
  • No Flash in Safari (but all three of these can be added in later Software updates)

Aaronsark12
posted on 16 Jan 2009, 22:50 (Posts: 0; Member since: 16 Jan 2009)

iPhone = iFun, iCool, iAnnoying

I have had the iPhone 3G for about 6 months now. I left Verizon, "my" phone service provider for years in order to get it. I must say, this phone is extremely user friendly, and a joy to play around with. It's endless library of applications make this phone everything from a personal restaurant finder, to a doodle pad. This phone, as we all know, is revolutionary; and although there are so many "competitors" no phone has come even somewhat close to the iPhones brilliant design, and ease of use. It is a complete iPod, and a crazy good mobile internet device. Although the iPhone is a decent PHONE, and somewhat good (yet lacking) messaging system, there are a few issues with it that, if Apple doesn't address with a software update(s), will be replaced with a Blackberry before my two year contract is up.
Here is what it needs:
1.) Landscape keyboard for text messaging
2.) More personalism (example: replacing the boring and ugly black background screen with an image)
3.) Video Camera- a $19 dollar pay as you go phone most likely has this feature. I can play on a full-fledged piano on my iPhone, yet I can't capture video? What's up with that?!
4.) Copy and Paste- the name says it all.
5.) Camera Enhancing- a flash option would be great, but can't be added through a software update. Instead, lets see some zoom options, image stabling, and color options.

Thats it. Five simple fixes that Apple must be aware of, its just a matter of time before we see...

Pros

• -Screen
  • -Media Player (iPod)
  • -Internet
  • -App Store
  • -Sound
  • -Appearance
  • -Comfort in knowing software updates are constantly being developed and released.

Cons

• -Lack of basic phone features, such as Video Camera and Copy and Paste
  • -Battery Life (I charge it every day.)
  • -Long term use
  • -Freezes sometimes
  • -Gets dirty...fast
  • -Functionality

NicholasF22
posted on 10 Jan 2009, 11:58

Great phone over all

I just got an my Iphone 3g for christmas and I love it! It looks great and fits all my needs, I'm 13 so i don't know if its that great for bussiness people though. An amazing music player, has great app store, and a user friendly interface. There are only like 3 down falls they are no mms, bad camera, and awful battery life. But other wise I love it!

Pros

• Awesome design
  • Great interface
  • Awesome Apps
  • Great music player

Cons

• Battery life is awful
  • Only has one button instead of call and an end call buttons
  • Bad camera
  • No mms

Buy This Phone