x PhoneArena is looking for new authors! To view all available positions, click here.
Apple iPad 3 Discussions
  • Options
    Close

Asus Transformer Prime VS Apple New iPad (3)

rpalri 21 Mar 2012, 05:45 posted on 1

I am looking forward to buying a nice power packed tablet. Seeing the recent rumors and reviews, I short listed the Asus Transformer Prime 64 GB and the New iPad by Apple. While looking at the features of Android ICS, the enormous personalisational features and huge app store for iOS drag me towards both of'em. But looking at the prices, iPad offers less features for a really big price. What should be my preference between the two if a wanna replace my notebook for any one of these?

posted on 21 Mar 2012, 21:05

1. Davis (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)

Ipad 3 is thicker and heavier. Transformer prime is thinner and lighter. In terms of graphics processing, prime does a better job in visual effects. But iPad 3 has a higher screen resolution. I would say either one is good and able to do the same job. So it's all comes to the person's usage and purpose.

Option1: Choose Transformer Prime if
-play game
-looking for more storage with affordable pricing

Option2: Choose iPad3 if
-looking for a brighter screen when watching movies
-use for basic activities

posted on 10 Aug 2012, 15:01

2. nwright94 (unregistered)

The iPad and tegra 3 devices now have the same graphical effects in the same games. The tegra 3 is known to be less powerful graphics wise than what the A5x chip or exynos chips offer, but both are great devices. I recently had the asus tf300t and now have the new iPad and I honestly enjoy the iPad more but the asus had the great laptop dock with a full USB and ad card slot. Also it had a micro hdmi and micro sd slot on the actual tablet. The killer for me was the terrible tablet app selection for android.

Want to comment? Please login or register.

Latest stories