Acer Liquid User Reviews

posted on 30 Apr 2010, 13:22

I've had mine for about a month now, running latest official 1.6 ROM (hopefully official 2.1 Eclair upgrade soon). A few thoughts:256 MB ram is not an issue since I don't run too many memory hogging apps at the same time. Android is smart about swapping out physical RAM anyway when things get tight, it's only an issue probably when playing games or using apps that require the whole 256 or more chunk of memory.The top LED notifications is actually not as practical as LED lights on the screen face. Imagine setting the phone face up on the table in front of you, you have to place the phone 'up-side-down' orientation to see the top bar LEDs, then when you pick it up to use, you have to rotate it in your hand.Feels about the same as when I used a MyTouch 3G (HTC Magic) a few months ago. I thought I wouldn't like the white glossy plastic, but after a while it's grown on me. It has a 'futuristic' feel. My battery cover is a bit looser, and creaks after a few "hard prying" openings & closings. So just be gentle, not a good phone if you plan to swap SIM cards often.The side buttons takes a bit getting used to since they're flush and in awkward positions. But I'm used to them now.Also lack of a cursor trackball/button makes placing exact cursor in edit mode a bit harder.My battery use (no EDGE/3G data plan, GPS & Bluetooth off, only wi-fi use occasionally). Lasts about 4 days (turned off when I sleep too).Even after all these minor issues, it's still worth getting because you get...