Acer ICONIA TAB A100 User Reviews

Call quality4.5/10
Battery9.5/10
Reception4.5/10

Bigbear-420
posted on 05 Feb 2014, 20:10 (Posts: 0; Member since: 05 Feb 2014)

Acer A100

Bigbear-420 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I got the A100 about June of 2013-- Almost immediately fell in love with the design- felt comfortable and fit perfect in my hand. Although this is a WIFI only tablet, That's all I was searching for and the lack of a Mobile network to power compliments the battery life greatly. Mine with use of multimedia, social networking, gaming. Died and 2d 01h 23m. I was so impressed even with its flaws that I bought one for my son. Camera is basically unusable front and back, but it wasn't the camera I was buying it for.
Overall I love this tablet, It has yet to let me down. I'd buy a third if they were still available.

Build quality 9/10 Gorilla glass, YAY... Plastic EASY to mark body..Not so yay.. Has a dedicated toggle switch only for screen rotation..
Reception 1/10 WIFI only
Call quality 1/10 WIFI Only
Internet 10/10 No issue connecting, keeping connection, seamless playback
Multimedia 10/10 seamless playback with many formats supported
UI speed 8/10 seamless. A little lag with a live wallpaper however, but very useable
Everyday usage 10/10 Use it everyday as my main- Compact and durable
Text input 7/10 Text input is a little off-- hit the wrong characters quite frequently- Third part keyboard was able to cure stocks issue.
Display 4/10 The display, although very durable. Is very hard to view in any angle besides while looking straight at it. Video and picture easily become saturated and not viewable.
Battery 10/10 Now- Although a lot of posts and reviews attack the battery life of this tablet- I would like to say I love it.

Pros

• Loud speakers

Cons

• Screen is hard to see on angle
  • Toggle switch not customizable- Screen rotate only.

Joey549
posted on 02 Jan 2013, 03:00 (Posts: 0; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)

Great and best!

Joey549 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I may have only had this tablet for some time but it has been the most best time having it. It has help me get to stuff and get to doing things i have needed to do. I have to say the speed is awesome and i have had no freeze ups nor need to hard reset this tablet at this time. I have been playing many great graphical games on the tablet and they work fine with out any lag or slow down. I would recommend this to many people and i have already.

Build quality 9/10 A solid plat form, however there's not much flex so i marked one off. And yes i do like flex however very little.
Reception 8/10 This is NOT a phone however it has wifi and it is quite strong even with low signal.
Call quality 8/10 Like i said before this is NOT a phone however using something like Skype was quite nice and smooth.
Internet 10/10 Great for internet very fast and can use almost use my full internet speed. It goes to about 1.5 Mb, my speed is about 2 Mb/s plus.
Multimedia 10/10 Does 1080p videos just fine no lag or delay. Low streaming videos on it and works great.
Camera 9/10 Love the back camera because it does do HD video and has auto focus. However the front camera is nice but is only 2mp.
UI speed 10/10 Very fast have no had real freeze ups and no hard resets. I use this tablet every day and it gives me full performance.
Everyday usage 10/10 Great for everyday use because it can run smooth and you can set alarms and also have all your emails come on to it too.
Text input 10/10 Some people like other on screen touch keyboards however for me the Android keyboard works great and is very smooth.
Display 10/10 One word! Quick. It has very easy control for brightness and is very smooth and looks amazing.
Battery 9/10 The battery so far has work very nice and amazing i would think you can get up to about 6 - 7 hours without wifi and games but i haven't used it long without it being plugged in.

Pros

• Fast, quick, precise
  • Some prices you can find for less then 200
  • Has Tegra 2 chip in it with 1 GB of ram
  • 2 models 8 or 16 GB

Cons

• Battery needs to be little more better
  • Place of speakers is fine however at the bottom i would rather have them on the sides