AT&T Quickfire User Reviews

Camera6.4/10
Multimedia9.1/10
Battery8.3/10

posted on 14 Feb 2009, 01:47

The keyboard does have capslock.
You press FN then shift.
Some of my button's don't work too well anymore, and I've only had the phone for a few months.
Scrolling down on webpages has serious lagtime.
And when it storms, texting doesn't work :)

Coby
posted on 12 Feb 2009, 11:16

Crappy Battery

I bought the phone right before Christmas '08, 2 months later my phone won't fully charge and runs out of battery in less than 24hrs. Also, now the screen freezes up on me and I have to detach the battery and reattach to get it to unfreeze.
I do like the speaker option and voice dial. I haven't had problems with texting or photos. My touch screen seems to be working fine. I'm going to try and exchange the phone due to the battery issues- but don't have my reciept, we'll see how it goes.

Pros

• Easy texting, photo, and speaker. Cute colors.

Cons

• Bulky, crappy battery guaranteed to go out on you, screen freezes up.

pj
posted on 06 Feb 2009, 14:50

ok so i was so exited when i finaly got this phone. Now i HATE it so much.  the touchscreen on it has the same problems mentions above.  Mine also shuts off all the time and idk why.  sometimes i will gently set it down it will restart or if i bump the table it will restart.  the screen ripples when i touch it and it looses its brightness.  the worst part is it takes thridy days or more for the problems to start and i even had to do a master reset which helped for a day and then it started up with the same problems over and over agian. also it doesnt vibrate when i get a text message when its on vibrate mode.  the screen should also be atleast 3" because thats usualy the size of a touch screen phone.  the keybord doesnt have a caplock which makes it hard to text in caps.  there is really small amount of custamization.  my backround when the phone is open is the att background which cant be changed and same for when i click the menue button.  the screen resalution sucks and so do the speakers when i play ringtones.  there should be an optional onscreen keybord and or accelorometer. the phone is also bad because it doesnt look kool when you text like a sidekick. thq quickfire has a boring backside. this phone needs a whole new disign and i know how it should look if it wants to be successefull

Darcie920
posted on 18 Jan 2009, 08:44

Quickfire w problems

I have had the phone a little shy of a month, at first I had a really hard time getting use to the touch screen but I eventually got use to it. I have had problems with the screen freezing up and also when you push one icon another comes up... As for the battery it worked well for the first couple of weeks now it wont charge all the way; it charges about 1/3 of the way and wont go any further, I purchased a new charger; thinking that was the problem but no such luck...

Pros

• the key pad for texting
  • the big screen
  • Lock screen

• camera sucks

brown4life
posted on 17 Jan 2009, 16:08

Quickfire issues

Got the phone for my daughter on Christmas, per her request. Within a few weeks, it started having the same screen issues mentioned above. Touch one icon, another is activated, which was very frustrating. The battery also has shown problems. When charged overnight, it shows half a charge first thing in the morning and lasts like it as well. We took it back to the store, within 30 days, and exchanged it for another one. After 30 days, you have to go through the ATT exchange by mail. The phone is warranted for a year, so if it's not working, take it back. The phone is bulky, and a bit awkward to use, but she will get through it.

Pros

• Looks
  • keyboard
  • cool screen when it works

Cons

• bulky
  • screen sensitivity
  • price

Kathleen
posted on 11 Jan 2009, 16:57

Quickfire- Not as great as people make it sound.

I got this phone the week it came out, as a replacement for my malfunctioning Blackberry Curve. After using it for over 2 months, I'd rather go back to my blackberry curve! As someone mentioned before, the touchscreen is desensitized. In addition, when you press one button on one side of the screen, another button on the completely opposite side will be pressed. It makes no sense at all. My phone just now started shutting off on me randomly, so I wonder if it is just my phone, since no one else has said anything, but I have also had it a lot longer than most people, so people might just have it happen to them in another month or so. The internet bugs the heck out of me because all of the pages show up as "mobile" pages, and don't show up as "normal" pages that say you would see on your computer at home. Other than that, there is no way to text other than sliding the keyboard out. In other words, there is no "on screen" texting screen.
Now, onto the physical parts of the phone. There is no headphone jack, or any port to connect it to your computer with a usb cord. The makers of this phone decided that all of us would use bluetooth for everything. The phone itself is heavy and bulky. It is NOT the type of thing you want in your pocket, especially if you wear skinny jeans.
The camera, let me just come out and say it, it SUCKS. S-U-C-K-S! In order to take a semi decent picture, you have to have extremely steady hands, perfect lighting, and the object of the picture has to be...

Pros

• hm. Touch screen+Slide out keyboard.
  • Email Function.
  • Lock Function.

Cons

• Bulky.
  • Bad camera.
  • REALLY bad (not sensitive) touchscreen.
  • Lags on menu screen when opening keyboard.
  • Bad Internet interface.
  • No headphone jack.
  • Wayyy too expensive for what it is.

Clay Woolfork
posted on 07 Jan 2009, 13:19

I Like it.

I got a quickfire for Christmas and I think its a good phone. QWERTY ketboard is a neccesity for txt and it works great. Has a touch screen that works well(sometiimes it doesnt open what i touch but rarely) has a SD slot to expand its memory, voice quality is EXCELLENT, 3G makes web browsing great! Very durable! You will not break this phone as long as u dont throw it against a wall. I've dropped twice the second considerably hard, not a scratch no deffects at all! Overall is great if u dont want to spend a bomb and is a good phone! You will be satisfied! as for those remarks about bad touch screen, those people were unlucky and got a deffective phone.

Pros

• QWERTY key board
  • Nice touch screen with minor problems
  • Durable
  • Micro SD slot up to 32 gigs, nice!
  • Excellent voice quality
  • Stylish and cool design
  • Updatable firmware
  • Bluetooth

Cons

• No head phone jack
  • Sometimes the phones menu gets out of wack when open and closing (fixes itself so dont worry)
  • Not very good battery for txt aholics, bout a day and a half

posted on 06 Jan 2009, 12:59

whoops sorry i just posted heres the vid...lol!

posted on 06 Jan 2009, 12:56

I love the phone!

i have the phone it sawsome screw what phone dog says he looks retarded neway he says the touchscreen sucks nut yeah look at the way he was pushing on it what a retard!!!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/A7LSxrSbz30&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A7LSxrSbz30&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Pros

Cons

• not to many a few maybe

Mrs. Miller
posted on 05 Jan 2009, 09:48

I brought this phone for my daughter for her Christmas present and yes she loves it. However, she can not talk,text, take  pictures without the battery dying out within 1hr. I took the phone back to a AT&T store to exchange the battery. I did receive a new battery and the same exact thing is happening. Now as far the touchscreen it does has some minor gliches, but nothing out ways the battery.

FluffyStars
posted on 01 Jan 2009, 20:48

Quickfire Under Fire

I've had this phone for a little over a month and at first I was in love with it.  The touch-screen was amazing for the price offered, it performed well and the QWERTY keyboard was spectacular as an extensive texter, but more recently problems have been occurring more frequently.  The touch-screen has become desensitized and will very often fail to respond to any touch, the battery life is weaker than expected, and while it may only be my particular phone, certain issues have been occurring with the screen.  At first occasionally and now nearly every time, if the screen is touched in one place, other buttons on the screen (if any respond at all) will be touched (most often on the opposite side of the screen).  Pressing reply results in delete being pressed when texting, attempting to add media to a text very often results in the text being unexpectedly sent, on the main screen attempting to access the menu leads to being brought to the address book, and for reasons unknown my screen will, from time to time, refuse to go into rest mode (black/blank screen) and will instead brighten back up as if touched (and will continue to do so continuously until it is handled again).
Overall, I would not recommend the Quickfire.

Pros

• -Full QWERTY keyboard for texting
  • -Features offered including 3G capabilities and GPS
  • -Screen size
  • -Sound and call quality (very clear)

Cons

• -Bulky, thick design
  • -Insensitive touch-screen over time
  • -Unexpectedly low battery life
  • -Potentially phone-individual performance problems

Hassan Ibrahim
posted on 23 Dec 2008, 17:31

AT&T Quickfire

This is the best phone ever because I have one...

Specifications for the AT&T Quickfire

Band
GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz, UMTS 850/1900/2100MHz

Data
GPRS/EDGE/WCDMA/HSDPA

Size
109mm x 56mm x 18mm (4.3" x 2.2" x 0.7")

Weight

Availability
Planned November 2008

Other
Speakerphone, built-in A-GPS support, QWERTY keyboard

Pros

• Pimped out design
  • Cool features
  • Touch screen
  • QWERTY keyboard
  • Etc.

Cons

• Made by AT&T (not a big brand, so not as reliable as rest)

fresh1159
posted on 23 Dec 2008, 11:13 (Posts: 0; Member since: 02 Dec 2008)

THE SEXIEST PHONE EVA!!!!!!!

I REALLY DNT ACTUALLY HAVE THIS PHONE YET, BUT I WILL BE GETTING IT FOR CHRISTMAS.  BUT THE PHONE IS AWESOME PPL SAY THE TOUCH SCREEN IS HORRIBLE BUT IT IS NOT THAT BAD NO TOUCH SCREEN IS PERFECT AND I LUV THE QWERTY KEYBOARD ITS SO RAW AND IT HAS SOME GOOD GAMES ON IT TO.  NICE GPS SYSTEM SO OVERALL ITS A GREAT PHONE A GREAT SIDEKICK KILLER AND ANYONE SHOULD HAVE IT.

Pros

• EVERYTHING ABOUT THE PHONE

Cons

• NOTHING....YET

Carly
posted on 10 Dec 2008, 19:51

O no. I dont knoe if i should get this phone or not! people say its awful, but the same amount of people say its wonderful! Help Me!

Pros

• cute
  • sexy
  • qwerty
  • Love it

Cons

• Do I get It?

QUICKFIRE
posted on 07 Dec 2008, 15:34

I LOVE THIS PHONE!!!

I DON'T PRETICULARLY HAVE THIS PHONE YET BUT I AM IN THE PROCESS OF GETTING IT!!! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THIS PHONE SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH I WENT TO THE STORE AND PLAYED WITH IT AND I DID NOT WANT TO GIVE IT BACK! IT COMES IN MANY PRETTY COLORS LIKE ORANGE, LIME GREEN, AND SILVER! THE KEYBOARD IS GREAT I AM SUCH A TEXTAHOLIC AND THIS IS THE PERFECT PHONE FOR ANYONE EVEN A KID! THE TOUCH SCREEN IS GREAT(DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU OTHER WISE). IF YOU CAN'T DECIDE WHAT PHONE TO GET OR CHOOSING BETWEEN THIS PHONE AND ANOTHER PHONE PICK THIS ONE I AM NOT EVEN KIDDING! IM SURE NOTHING BETTER THEN THIS WILL COME OUT SOON! THIS PHONE IS SOOOO EASY TO USE!
I HOPE THIS HELPED YOU MAKE YOUR DECISION IN GETTING THIS PHONE!!!

Pros

• QWERTY KEYBOARD
  • TOUCH SCREEN
  • FAST
  • 3G(MEANS FAST)
  • MANY COOL FEATURES
  • CUTE
  • COMES IN PRETTY COLORS

Cons

• NONE THAT I CAN THINK OF

HiTechSpecTech
posted on 06 Dec 2008, 10:08

From en extensive review...

I found after extensive review that this phone is overlooked. At first you think wow just another sidekick/iphone wanna-be, but i was wrong. I found that the touch screen was infact very good, besides the minor problem with clicking the wrong app. Next i found that the keyboard is top of the line for any texter, newb or textahaloc. Over all it surpasses average and lays right beneath perfect. And as for the other reviews, no phone is ever peferfect, you deal with what you get, and half of the peope who reviewed are just the regular spoiled kids these days with no idea, and probably broke their phone once they got it.
EARN THE HITECHSPECTECH AWARD.

Pros

• Touch screen
  • Voice Recognization
  • Apps
  • Thickness of phone makes it harder to break

Cons

• Touch Screen/ slightly hard to tap on apps
  • If you don't have internet some apps may not work

Jeremy C.
posted on 03 Dec 2008, 20:53

~DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS PHONE!~

I would suggest NOT buying this particular model...
It is "BY-FAR", AT&T's poorest quality touch-screen handset on the market, and this comes from someone on the "inside" at AT&T. Our store sold a large number of these handsets, and all but two people returned them.
If you buy one of these and then return it for a different model, AT&T will charge you a $20 "Restocking Fee". HARDLY WORTH IT.
Out of the box, it appeared like it would be a great phone, good design, great appearance.
But the touch screen....Oh the touch screen..
It seems to work OK when the phone is in the closed position, however, when you slide the qwerty kb out, the screen becomes INSANELY misaligned, requiring 4 or 5 additional screen touches to find the right "spot" on the screen for the phone to recognize it. HORRIBLE!
There is no screen calibration utility, etc...
Enough said, don't say I didn't warn you.
(Try LG VU, LG INCITE, IPHONE, HTC FUSE, etc for a good touch screen handset.)
-Jeremy C.

Pros

• OK Design

Cons

• Unusable Touch Screen
  • Thickness of Handset
  • No Calibration Utility For Screen

juliejules
posted on 26 Nov 2008, 23:06

I am really enjoying my phone except for SHORT battery life and the time it takes to charge.  My phone has to be charged within about 8-10 hours and I travel and really need my phone for work and my own safety.  It is taking about 3 -4 hours to charge up, and this is unacceptable.  I will be returning my phone.

Unamounous
posted on 26 Nov 2008, 17:16

Which one?

I am confused deciding what to do. I love to have all the new gadgets. I am in love with the quickfire but dont know if I should get it or not. i have a Blackberry. But i would like a new phone. Some people say the touch screen is unresponsive. and some say it works fine so i am not sure what to do. Blackberry or Quickfire?

WanderingWolf
posted on 26 Nov 2008, 03:57

Perfect for texters/IMers, feature-loaded for everyone else

This is my first non-basic cellphone, so I'm pretty happy with it. I opted out of the media packages as I personally don't need them - the bulk of my use has always been in text messages and IM, so this phone has been working out great for me!
Downside is the really short battery life - even if you're not talking, just having the screen backlight for texting drains it. I have to charge this phone daily. If you're always on the go, I'd highly recommend getting a car charger.
I got a bluetooth headset with this phone - I don't know if it's the phone or the Bluetooth technology in general, but the quality of sound (incoming and outgoing) drops when using Bluetooth - though you can listen to music privately with it. Worth noting - Mac 10.5.2 and what I'm assuming is the first version of the phone's software are NOT compatible for anything other than the Mac using the phone's internet. They cannot transfer data such as images. This may change in future software updates.
General heads-up on buying new releases - there's usually some software bugs (luckily, this phone can update its own software), and hardware bugs, so I'd hold off on getting one for maybe a month. For example, when the slider is closed, the backlighting for the keyboard may remain on, even after all other backlights are off and the screen has gone into lock mode. To fix this, just open and close the phone until you see the keyboard underneath no longer glowing.
Another downside is the size - maybe not a problem for...

Pros

• touchscreen is intuitive
  • QWERTY keyboard great for texting
  • Bluetooth-compatible - headsets and Bluetooth-capable computers
  • large, high-color display is visually pleasing and easy to read and use
  • adjustable auto touchscreen lock prevents accidental touches when not using phone
  • 29MB internal mem plenty for storing texts and photos
  • takes microSD cards for additional memory if needed
  • can transfer/copy data between phone and card, including contacts
  • GPS-capable

Cons

• short battery life, even when just texting
  • bulky for keeping in pocket
  • no plug for non-Bluetooth headsets/headphones
  • no USB to connect to non-Bluetooth computers
  • data transfer between Mac 10.5.2 currently not supported
  • keyboard backlight doesn't always turn off
  • edge-of-screen touchs not always detected

MOO$3
posted on 22 Nov 2008, 18:04

QUICKFIRE

THIS PHONE IS BOMB. IM 16 AND TEXT ALOOOOOOOOOOOOT! I CAN DO IT QUITELY AND QUICKLY IN CLASS AND WHEN DRIVING TO SCHOOL IT ALLOWS ME TO KNOW ABOUT TRAFFIC JAMS AND SUCH. I HAVE HAD NO'TAP" SCREEN PROBLEMS. IT WORKS GREAT!!!! GET THIS PHONE AND YOU'LL BE THE SHIT!

posted on 19 Nov 2008, 19:27

I absolutely love it. It was perfect the screen responded perfectlu sure theyre was no earphonr jack but i am in llooooove with itand I definetly recoended it

posted on 16 Nov 2008, 09:10

cute but a disappointment

I was so excited when the sales person at the at&t store sold me this phone before it was launched....and I wanted to know what the catch was. The phone is cute with the touch screen and all, but unless you have the patience to touch the screen several times to navigate what you need to do DONT GET IT! The screen is not sensitive enough...not to mention the phone does not have a headphone component so I can listen to my song privately. If neither of these favors are a concern to anyone, you will enjoy the phone.

posted on 15 Nov 2008, 22:21

i was really looking forward to having a full landscape QWERTY phone from AT&T that wouldn't cost me an arm and a leg, but this phone disappointed me.  the keyboard (the main reason i purchased it) is superb.  the keys feel great when using and don't feel too cramped. the menu navigation and music player are both simple to use.
my biggest complaint, and the reason i'll be returning this phone tomorrow, is that the touch screen is unresponsive at times.  i consider it unacceptable to have to tap a part on the middle of the screen multiple times for it to register.  the inability to copy stuff via bluetooth and from phone memory to sd card is also a drag.  the lack of a headphone jack is a bummer too.  the phone has integral speakers that are so-so, but i wouldn't use the music player without headphones because i'd feel horribly obtrusive to anyone else around me. my last little gripe is that the phone won't let you use mp3 files of a size greater than 300k as ringtones.

Pros

• slide out qwerty keyboard is great and design of slide is sturdy, navigation through menus is easy (when touch works), accepts up to 8gb micro sd cards, sd card port is easily accessible, music player is simple and easy to use, call clarity is great

Cons

• unresponsive touch screen (takes multiple taps at times), no wi-fi, limited bluetooth (can't copy files), 1.3mp camera, can't use mp3s above 300k for ringtones, can't copy from sd card to phone and vice-versa, no headphone jack, no black color choice for phone itself