iPhone survives 6 months in a lake, 6 feet underwater
0. phoneArena posted on 11 Oct 2012, 03:31
Here’s a story that borders with the impossible - an iPhone was dropped in a lake and stayed there for six months…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Astro551 posted on 11 Oct 2012, 03:38 10 3
what the heck? was it fully submerged..? that really seems impossible even after some intense drying... I'd be surprised if an iphone could last an instant under water let alone 6 months..
8. eisenbricher posted on 11 Oct 2012, 04:01 19 3
Seems like water also did damage to the language pack xD
See, the phone showing lines in two languages, on the same screens...
16. vddeguzman posted on 11 Oct 2012, 04:24 6 2
That's sharp of you to catch! Yeah, i think the screen is a fake. 2 languages in a screen is just not possible.
21. rahulcena5565 posted on 11 Oct 2012, 06:54 5 2
Haha, ignorant you, when an iPhone is unactivated, it shows the unlock in & different languages apart from the preset language!
22. eisenbricher posted on 11 Oct 2012, 07:13 1 2
I don't wanna destroy my fawking braincells by learning that iKnowledge but you said it now... this is like... the lamest thing I've learned today :/
38. jaoowolabi posted on 11 Oct 2012, 16:59 0 0
lol hes right
41. dmckay12 posted on 11 Oct 2012, 21:13 0 0
Are you aware that before an iPhone is activated, the language of "Drag to Unlock" rotates languages while the message above stays the same?
28. moofoodooloo posted on 11 Oct 2012, 08:23 0 4
Bizarrely ignorant. Perhaps if some of you even bothered trying an iPhone before casting judgement.. No no, that's too much to ask.
34. eisenbricher posted on 11 Oct 2012, 12:36 0 1
lmao.. you iFollowers do really accept anything they throw @ you xD Do you say, I am Bizarrely ignorant because I don't know that the iPhone, when unactivated shows two different languages on same screen?
As I've already said... lamest thing that I learned today -__-
14. Hammerfest posted on 11 Oct 2012, 04:16 6 0
I have dropped a few devices in water (Windows Mobile phone and an Android phone), thankfully, both where off, and both survived the trip.
My WinMo phone the screen was shot, but my Android phone survived just fine... keep in mind, I took the back off mine and gave the easily removable parts a Simple Green bath then let the parts dry in a big sealed bag of rice for 2 weeks before I reassembled them and went about my business...
Not really all that suprising!
19. ahmed_ali_yossef2010 posted on 11 Oct 2012, 06:15 6 0
so he got an iphone with a smaller display
23. doejon posted on 11 Oct 2012, 07:31 2 2
fake story made by apple just like ouu our employee forgot the new iphone prototype in a bar.. lol just want the people to keep hyping..
cuz there is nothing left to hype haha
27. SonyXperiaNexus posted on 11 Oct 2012, 08:14 3 1
" the owner got a new device".
sooo.... which one did he get (lol its probably an android)
44. metoyou posted on 12 Oct 2012, 12:33 0 0
Haha my sister is pissed cuz her iphone wont' even last 10 seconds in the water hahahaha
3. rusticguy posted on 11 Oct 2012, 03:41 8 1
Best is do a test by putting iPhone in a 1000 ml beaker of water for 1 day :)
6. eisenbricher posted on 11 Oct 2012, 03:49 6 1
Why not let an iPhone face the test like those people did on Lumia 900... heat it, freeze it, submerge it and let us see how much calibre it shows !! I don't buy such 'ohmygod it works' stories like this.
7. ikkuh posted on 11 Oct 2012, 03:54 14 3
Perhaps every iPhone-owner can drop their iPhone on the bottom of that lake. :)
10. Evil_SaNz posted on 11 Oct 2012, 04:06 6 0
iphones survive 6 months underwater and elves exist.
11. oying24 posted on 11 Oct 2012, 04:06 3 3
again and again..same old crying android fans.. believe it or not,its ur choice,but bashing is not the way of not believng it.. sad but true. hays
12. Astro551 posted on 11 Oct 2012, 04:11 2 0
it's not even an iphone thing (i've got my gripes with apple but this aint one). any piece of technology like a smartphone shouldn't be able to survive that long submerged under water -.- (unless it's waterproof obviously... even then)
13. wendygarett posted on 11 Oct 2012, 04:13 0 0
LOL every phone can actually survive if you lucky :)
15. vikram_s69 posted on 11 Oct 2012, 04:17 2 0
Actually the water of the lake was full of "Phone Arena" Essence that let the iPhone survive as we have seen in days comparisons.
26. eisenbricher posted on 11 Oct 2012, 07:58 0 0
Nah man... PA is changing. Read Michael's articles for example.
30. -box- posted on 11 Oct 2012, 09:40 1 0
the "reality distortion field" kept the damage to a minimum.... /S
18. zippolite28 posted on 11 Oct 2012, 04:27 1 0
my apple died in a small swimming pool just in few seconds :(
33. synot posted on 11 Oct 2012, 11:10 0 0
Is phonearena an iphone site? because even in your article comparison with iphone 5 and galaxy note 2 ,I notice your commentry leaning towards the iphone in your comment in areas where the note 2 should have been the better
36. moofoodooloo posted on 11 Oct 2012, 12:46 0 2
PA will keep putting out iPhone articles because Fandroids get their panties in such a bunch over them.. More page hits = more ad revenue.
25. spiderpig2894 posted on 11 Oct 2012, 07:49 0 0
wait, activate iPhone? so the phone was not used before it was in the lake? Sorry, but I have no experience on activting iPhones.
29. remixfa posted on 11 Oct 2012, 08:29 4 0
if the iphone was battery dead when it dropped in the water, it wouldnt have shorted out. In order for there to be a short, there has to be electricity. Any electronic can survive water as long as there is no electricity running through it. Then you just have to worry about corrosion and things that dissolve in water.
31. mtajulmuluk posted on 11 Oct 2012, 10:09 0 1
Since 2010 i use an android, untill 2012. But, i know android was same ui from low to top level, same screen condition, make me bored, and now, i use an Iphone. Best ever, nice to use and comfort. And for another strongest iphone, see the traveller film. Thereis any Iphone 3gs still works after get burst in the salt water or sea
35. HowMyDictate posted on 11 Oct 2012, 12:40 0 0
Same UI??!!?!? Android has evolved much more drastically than IOS....WTH
42. EclipseGSX posted on 11 Oct 2012, 21:26 0 0
Man you will really get bored with iOS same ui since 2007. Nice try troll
37. ElektronicGeek91 posted on 11 Oct 2012, 12:53 0 0
Iphone survives 6 months in a lake, Please. An iphone can barely survive a drop on the floor without something being wrong with it.
43. EclipseGSX posted on 11 Oct 2012, 21:28 0 0
And he just happened to check the lake for 6 months? Why not go swim for it? Hmmmm