iPhone prototype now surfaces in Bangkok: is it real?
0. phoneArena 03 Aug 2012, 07:00 posted on
The iPhone rumors are literally swamping us recently - will it have a new thinner and larger screen; will it feature LTE; will it come with a redesigned dock connector and finally…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. adi4u4882 (Posts: 136; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
The difference between all the iphones is that it is either stretched verticaly or horizontally or just smashed with a hammer to make it thinner. For God sake, change the UI.
4. MeoCao (unregistered)
Changing the UI is not enough, they have to make iOS more powerful with better multitasking support.
7. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
iOS is far away from Android's level. ;)
41. Myst3ryr00tsec (Posts: 6; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
No he said ahead, if apple wasn't so controling, and wanting it "There" way instead of the "Peoples" way it would be so much better ten folds. But right now I work for a phone company and I have experianced both worlds of Apple and Android there both good but until apple picks there game up Android is a WIN!
44. samsungIScopycat (banned) (Posts: 27; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
iOS is way much better than android....
you know why? cause android copied all materials from iOS
45. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Any proves? How copied? Android have more than iOS!
48. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9849; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Android did rip off iOS. We stole multitasking, turn by turn navigation, the notification system, and last but not least, geometric shapes. How silly of me!
49. boycottapple (Posts: 3; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
Android had folders first, FREE turn-by-turn navigation for years (iPhone just got it with iOS6), Android had the notification pull-down first and it is still much better than iOS's, Android has REAL multitasking like on a PC, unlike iOS where the iPhone is so weak it can only pause apps. Geometric shapes? Are you high?
10. Aeires (unregistered)
Looks odd with the screen stretched so vertically now, but not enough horizontally to balance it.
Agreed on the UI, it's stale. iOS is the only UI I can think of that's 5 years in the making and basically the same since it was released (appearance wise). Time for them to move out of their comfort zone and make some changes. Just because you're raking in the money doesn't justify hanging onto something so dated.
20. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
The problem is if they change the UI they lose tons of people who are too dumb to use anything else.
40. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Oh I guess you're a genius because you use android?
Studies show android users don't even know how to use basic stuff like wifi. They also show Apple users are more educated and make more money.
46. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
There you go with those studies again... Valid facts in your arguments... Please...
50. boycottapple (Posts: 3; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
The level of ignorance and arrogance in your comment is TOO DAMN HIGH!
54. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1704; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
iOS users wouldn't either if it didn't pop in their face every 10 seconds that they try to use data
61. levvy (Posts: 33; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
hell yeah!!!! Androidians are less educated so that to stay away from making such comments of Grade-C
32. ObjectivismFTW (Posts: 211; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
Images are gonna be so stuffed on this aspect ratio. I can't imagine why anyone would buy an iPhone anyway
2. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I think that design will be similar, but in my opinion this prototype is fake!
6. MeoCao (unregistered)
I think it's real, that's what Tim Cook and Co. can do w/o SJ's guidance.
22. nyuvo (Posts: 72; Member since: 10 May 2012)
It's clearly not real.
Apple would never release a device like this, as we have all seen there were many prototypes before the original design.
They will most likely release something that makes everyone go WOW because that's how they roll.
I'm an android user, so I am not trying to go all apple worshipper on you, but that phone right there doesn't make sense.. Why they would just elongate the "perfectly" sized iPhone with its 4:3 ratio.
28. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
"Because that's how they roll"???
Like when we were all WOW'd by the 4S?
I agree that the phone there doesn't make sense, but I don't think we're going to be "WOW'd" just because it's Apple.
I also think it's perfectly within the realm of possibility that they will simply elongate the "perfectly" sized iPhone... why? Because people will still buy it.
29. MeoCao (unregistered)
4:3 ratio limits the size of the screen b-c it will make the phone too wide. there are too many consistent and detailed evidence to say it's fake.
Actually the samples are well built and the only disapointment is lack of innovation, or Wow factor in your words.
23. sudhar131998 (Posts: 63; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
yup man you are soo true but why didn't you point out that the battery indicator showed it is charging while there was no cables attached to it?
25. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
In my opinion even display is fake, it is only paper picture behind the transparent plastic.
3. maryaaadil (Posts: 146; Member since: 07 Apr 2012)
How can a phone have a user review before launch?
But still i m not buyin it.
5. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"But still i m not buyin it."
9. Quezdagreat (Posts: 428; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
For apple haters you guys are quick to read and post on their articles
12. Aeires (unregistered)
Maybe we just love tech and like to share our thoughts. Not everyone is a hater, some of us are interested in what is going on.
42. nicholassss (Posts: 363; Member since: 10 May 2012)
For real, I love android but if there was a windows phone or iphone that was up to snuff i'd buy.
18. Mightymack (Posts: 74; Member since: 16 Jul 2010)
other os users always have to check out the competition
11. andro. (Posts: 1990; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Its pretty much looking like this is what the next iphone will look like by all sounds of it so we are looking at an iphone 4$$ really. the stretched screen looks wrong for some reason.
13. Aeires (unregistered)
Because it's so far off from the golden ratio. You see it and your mind tells you it's not quite right, but you just can't put your finger on it. When design follows the golden ratio, you see it and it looks natural. This isn't natural looking, so it appears odd.
Ive's should have known that, if indeed this is what it will actually look like. We might all be surprised this September with something totally different.
26. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
[1 + (5)^0.5] / 2 -- as if the Samsung GIII matches that number. Oh please give it a rest.
Aeires, your ability at being unctuous will not be surpassed any time soon here on PA. We shall now call Aeires, "The Unctuous One who Pontificates Aloud."
That is a nice sobriquet.
31. Aeires (unregistered)
Nice try, and great job on avoiding the obvious. The Samsung G3 has a much wider profile compared to the iPhone prototypes. When you stretch a screen and force it onto a smaller footprint like shown above, it looks odd. Samsung didn't do that.
It's clear you have some basic math skills, try studying art and design before so you can make an intelligent comment about the golden ratio instead of resorting to childish name calling.
59. zhypher_23 (Posts: 195; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
I'd be so happy that when device comes out and becomes an epic fail that nobody likes, I'm gonna ready myself to shoot some fireworks outside my house to show how happy I am that Apple can taste some loss+suffering, it just makes me sick thinking they're best or may I say "revoluntionary" company lol
19. amiaq (Posts: 503; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
iPhone users don't know what they're missing
24. J-LoTheGreat (Posts: 32; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Front Camera above the speaker? And NO Proximity Sensor? If it is real then I guess people will be playing Angry Birds unintentionally while talking to grandma.
30. darkkjedii (Posts: 15663; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I hope that's not it. If it is I'll jus put iOS 6 on my 4S, and keep it pushing.
33. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Looks like Alien Phone, its too stretched, feels odd looking at it
35. s.mrabet (Posts: 117; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
The screen looks fake to me, looks more like a dummy phone. Take a good look, you see that the screen is dark ( no background light)
36. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Exactly what I have mention in comment #25. :)
37. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
I'm sorry, the phone looks cheap.... Don't know if it's the person who's taking the picture or the quality of the phone, probably fake?
38. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 569; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
If Samsung had a media event and the only visible difference between the Galaxy III and the Galaxy IV was a slightly longer screen a different plug they would be laughed out of town.
43. OhSo3D (Posts: 39; Member since: 22 Feb 2011)
I guess it's to each their own. I'm just going to wait for the successor to the Evo 4G lte for my next device. (:
47. master0fursinz (Posts: 104; Member since: 26 Apr 2010)
1. its a complete fake, someone went the extra mile to piece a dummy togethter.
2. the ui will never change, its just apple's style like RIM and WinMo 5.0 eventually it will go extinct.
3. they really need to balance out the screen a bit more. its all length and no width (thats What she Said). :)
51. dmckay12 (Posts: 243; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
One time I was in Thailand for my wedding. I was drugged and went to Bangkok where my fiance's little brother cut off his finger and got trapped in an elevator. My friends and I spent a day and a half looking for him, but found him and returned to the resort just in time for the wedding.
55. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1704; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
AMG how crazy your irrelevant story sounds just like the Hangover 2...
56. dmckay12 (Posts: 243; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
I know. That is a point that my lawyers will soon be making very clear.
57. cityeighteen (Posts: 40; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
There's a few things that seem a bit off about this one. I'll call fake on this.