iPhone doing well in China, but share is stunted in the largest smartphone market
0. phoneArena posted on 08 Feb 2013, 03:13
Apple's iPhone is a hit, but despite great sales, the impact on the Chinese smartphone market is negligible...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. thelegend6657 posted on 08 Feb 2013, 03:31 4 0
The gap between the rich and the poor is very big in china .
2. anywherehome posted on 08 Feb 2013, 05:12 0 0
and the rich buy SGS3....just a few old people buy just an iConboard
3. thelegend6657 posted on 08 Feb 2013, 05:17 1 1
Actually you are wrong . The rich prefer the iPhone because its a status symbol .
That's what the iPhone has become in china , a status symbol for the rich .
5. CanYouSeeTheLight posted on 08 Feb 2013, 06:44 0 0
Not only in China, in my country (Portugal) it also is a status symbol. A friend of mine bought one and these were his actual words "This phone is so pretty on the outside, but on the inside ... it is just awful."
8. rusticguy posted on 08 Feb 2013, 09:37 0 0
Yes that's why most of them hold it in such a manner that the guy on other side can see the logo ... just a piece to show off ... :)
6. anywherehome posted on 08 Feb 2013, 07:04 0 0
ok, show me the stats of rich people and market share
I just don believe that :)
it is a symbol, but just overrated....and these phones use mainly who doesnt need a real smartphone
12. thelegend6657 posted on 08 Feb 2013, 23:38 0 0
My fathers Chinese friend , came to Malaysia .
Bought 2 iPhone 5 before or was released in china .
Go back home and sell them double the price to finance his holiday in Malaysia
13. thelegend6657 posted on 08 Feb 2013, 23:39 0 0
The elites in China are so Damn rich
In the high end area of Shanghai , so many supercars ...
4. nikenturd (unregistered) posted on 08 Feb 2013, 05:22 0 0
What do the Chinese and the Indians have in common?
9. rusticguy posted on 08 Feb 2013, 09:38 1 1
They are smarter by and large when it comes to spending their money on smartphones ... don't care much for the logo on the phone
11. lovefist posted on 08 Feb 2013, 10:39 0 0
True. They spend hard earned money wisely and doesnt view it as a tool to buy phones just to look cool unlike americans, remember hurricane sandy in NY? People still lined up for an ipad mini.. During a disaster!
7. roscuthiii posted on 08 Feb 2013, 09:24 0 0
Seriously, they got a patent for a rectangle inside a slightly larger rectangle?!
The only thing I could think of is edge-to-edge screen since the source article relays the budget model as still having a camera on back; that it would make this device the most edge-to-edge though I think I've seen. I don't think that would put this in the budget category at all.
Apple's never been one to play in the low-end market, so I don't think they'll start now. Although, you never know with Tim Cook at the helm now, he may want to go in another direction.
Some analyst needs to go back to analyst school.
10. Nikolas.Oliver (limited) posted on 08 Feb 2013, 10:07 0 0
DON'T ditch the retina display for the cheap iphone! The Chinese won't be able to read their elaborate "hanzi", jk