iPhone (almost) survives a close encounter with a sniper rifle bullet
0. phoneArena 03 Oct 2012, 06:01 posted on
Do you know this YouTube guy - RatedRR? Yes, the one who likes shooting at various gadgets (with weapons, not camera) and uploading the result to the video sharing site for all to see. Well, it looks like his latest victim is an iPhone 4S, which he decided to shoot with a Barrett M82A1 sniper rifle...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
meh... I'm waiting the 'will it blend' show instead :)
17. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2992; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Give me the Barrett
M82A1 sniper rifle and i'll show you if the iPhone even has a ball.
9. hltechie (Posts: 88; Member since: 08 May 2009)
He kept saying "It's not powering on" yet he was clicking the center button... NOT THE POWER BUTTON! Derp da derp!
Still a cool case.
10. hltechie (Posts: 88; Member since: 08 May 2009)
I mean, I'm sure the phone was broken from the impact of the bullet/hitting the rock but still.
11. Bozzor (Posts: 99; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Damn: a .50 cal is something that is designed to penetrate an engine block in a car at 1 km+. Very impressive that the iPhone survived external damage form the bullet and was caught out by either the rocks or by the high G force impact...
12. brock8687 (Posts: 10; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
useless article..... seriously guys..... how many are gonna buy a 665$ bullet proof case for a phone?? and who takes his smartphone along into the battlefield??
24. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6098; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
exactly my point such a dumb ass fat ugly case.who the hell wants to protech their iPhone over themselves plus he didn't even shoot it IN THE MIDDLE of the screen such a bad shooter. plus he DON'T REALIZE the iphone is made from glass what a idiot
26. garz_pa (Posts: 153; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Must be aimed for James Bond. But I'm sure Q has something much stronger that this lying around his lab..
13. RapidCat (Posts: 351; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
whats the point of this video? he did not shoot at the phone, only the case
16. smartandcool3 (Posts: 11; Member since: 17 Sep 2012)
Why the hell title is little bit misleading?????
It should be "iphone case survives" not the "iphone survives", I bet that the phone case can save many other different phones, too.
Oh, I forgot I'm on a "iphonearena.com".
Anyways will you please upload any video of shooting new "icrap5", because I would love to see the "iphone5" get destroyed.
18. WirelessCon (Posts: 309; Member since: 11 May 2010)
Too bad the phone still broke from the force of bullet impact.
22. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
23. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6098; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
This HAVE TO BE THE UGLIEST DUMB PHONE CASE ACCESSORY yet who the hell wants to shot a damn iPad when u can burn it or bury it in water and his aiming sucks DIDN'T HIT THE MIDDLE OF IT. and the phone is CRACK LMFAO didn't think bout the phone is made from glass did ya. what a idiot. you killed your iphone give u plus 1 point for that
25. abish1234 (Posts: 51; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
oh pls.... if u happen to have a lot of free time.. go play maps on ur iphone 5...dont post such dumb articles....