iPhone Siri tells a 12-year-old kid to “Shut the f*** up”
18. JeffdaBeat (unregistered)
I kind of wish Siri had more responses like that...
2. iShepherd (Posts: 38; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Charlie's mum needs to "shut the f***k up".
3. brenner182 (Posts: 29; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
id tell the kid the same thing, becasue i hate kids.
14. sadaivadai (Posts: 156; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Hate kids ?? So you should have killed yourself when you were a kid .. :P
4. remixfa (Posts: 14253; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Siri gone bad... on the next episode of cops!!! Lol. How did they tamper with it? That's awesome.. I wanna go prank some friends .. lololol
24. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
What'cha gonna do when they come for you!?
6. akhi216 (Posts: 61; Member since: 01 May 2011)
Siri, why did you tell a child to shut the f*** up?
7. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
hhmm i wonder what that simple question was??
9. quakan (Posts: 1256; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Am I the only one who still can't think of what "t***" means? I want to say turd but that doesn't sound censorable haha.
11. quakan (Posts: 1256; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
aww yeah, that sounds like a perfect fit lol
30. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1063; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Time to go look that word up in Urban Dictionary...
12. Just_a_boy (Posts: 183; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
this is a lie, somebody wants to make easy money
13. johnny9000 (Posts: 46; Member since: 10 Sep 2011)
Did not happen. No one at an Apple store would have the programming know how to do that, otherwise they wouldn't be working at a Apple store. This is a lie.
15. nimo (Posts: 72; Member since: 11 Jun 2010)
its easy to do it, you just have to change the name in the contact card for yourself. so insead of saying your name NAME it would say whatever you've typed in there instead.
16. 9MNLM (Posts: 6; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
It did not require programming skill. UK news sources reported that the demo iPhone's username was changed to the offending phrase. Siri was merely speaking the username. http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobile
19. mclifford81 (Posts: 69; Member since: 26 Jan 2010)
please someone tell me how to reprogram siri to do this..
26. tacohunter (Posts: 408; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
Ask siri: "from now on you call me........" or sth like that. Or go to the Siri settings.
21. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6961; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
LMFAI best and funniest news I ve read all year!
22. bolaG (Posts: 468; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
Jail brake the Iphone 4s and install a personality patch.
23. Sniggly (Posts: 7230; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Yikes. It's actually pretty funny that it was that easy to make Siri swear. Of course, it'll be an overreaction for mommy to sue, because it IS that easy for anyone with half a brain to mess with a demo unit without the employees knowing.
27. DROIDX0430 (Posts: 451; Member since: 24 Nov 2010)
I cant believe people use this program...none the less...use it for anything serious...its the only clear identifier between the 4 and 4s.....i played with it in a local sams kiosk....and wasnt impressed at all. Yes it can tell you the time and weather in chicago if you are in texas...but come on Apple....you can do way better than this...almost seems like you are playing with a fisher price toy
29. 530gemini (Posts: 2198; Member since: 09 Sep 2010)
Kids of this generation are annoying, so I am not surprised with Siri's reaction, lol.