iPhone 6 may feature curved glass and curved edges
1. Ashoaib (Posts: 2644; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
LG G3 will feature a curved display, rumor mill... xiomi will feature curved display... everything with curved display
9. Luuthian (Posts: 222; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Yeah but they don't mean a full curve. They mean more of a Nexus 4 level curve on the bezel.
11. MrJerry (Posts: 401; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
Apple will not have curved display for iphone6 as they don't own the technology for sure and I doubt that LG or Sammy will provide curved display for Apple anytime soon
14. 3rdDegree (Posts: 188; Member since: 13 Jul 2013)
Actually LG is providing Apple's curved display for their iwatch.
28. PBXtech (Posts: 1009; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Watches aren't phones. To answer the curved screen question, the best bet is look to Apple's sapphire glass production. So far nothing positive towards phones has been mentioned.
32. 3rdDegree (Posts: 188; Member since: 13 Jul 2013)
We're talking about curved displays. Not just phones
2. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
A slightly curved display can make a big difference with reflection. I saw a demo of this and was impressed.
26. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
It still depends on angle from which light falls on the glass. So in my opinion reflections may be even worse in some cases than using not curved glass.
3. uchihakurtz (Posts: 297; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Apple gets a curved glass, Samsung gets a curved glass, LG gets a curved glass, everybody gets a curved glass! *Oprah meme*
17. rallyguy (Posts: 611; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
You mean LG and Samsung have had curved glass, Apple is getting curved glass.
4. Tizen007 (Posts: 574; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Looks like Sammy and Apple will see each other at court again
(GN4 vs iP6)
5. Tizen007 (Posts: 574; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Oops sorry my bad
Apple isn't using curved displays.
They are simply making roundish edges
6. Tizen007 (Posts: 574; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
much like the iPhone 3GS
8. xondk (Posts: 388; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
Yeah, I see more lawsuits in the future regardless of who wins.
7. MarkArigayo (Posts: 240; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
LG has adopted curved and bendable screen on G Flex. Now Apple is going to implement it as well.
If not imitate or copying, what's the exact term of those ridiculous action? Poor you, Apple!
12. mitoita (Posts: 68; Member since: 03 Apr 2014)
i like when 10 year old peolpe coment about big company and their strategy.... go to school..... it's a trend with curved display!
13. KillerKeyboard (Posts: 307; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
I like it when people misspell some words and then tell others to go to school.
31. wolfsaviorzx (unregistered)
go to school and tell peolpe 10 years coment m8.
25. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"...it's a trend with curved display!"
If talk goes about smartphones and curved displays then I agree, it is just a trend.
15. Lt.Green (Posts: 397; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
These concept rumors and renders are getting crazier and uglier by the day.
19. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2016; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Nah.. Not true..apple loves to keep it,nice and boring
23. PressStart (Posts: 119; Member since: 08 Apr 2014)
Lmao, a little late Apple! No one wants that garbage.
24. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6963; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Now their copying samsung. And samsung already have a working prototype
30. mmmanuuu (Posts: 293; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
Apple simply copying samsung and then moans in front of public that all other companies are copying them. Get a frigging life biches !
33. DisCHORD (Posts: 35; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
Hmm... Knowing apple, it will look better than anything Samsung or LG has ever made. Not that I like apple, I hate them... But. Y'know. Teenage girls are their main target... I myself prefer Nokia and HTC. HTC one M8 is a beautifully designed phone, with the most voltage going through the audio jack to headphones out of any phone at 1.3 volts. IPhone has 1 volt, and Samsung s5 has a crappy .5 volts or something without an eq, putting it behind the Lumia 925, 1520, 1020, and 930 in sound quality. I also hate the display on s5's. Its overly cool tinted, it isn't very bright, and the camera is mediocre. The s5 is a few hundred dollars overpriced. It should have been 500$-600$. For me, all that matters is audio quality since I have dropped enough into my headphones to care (fiio e11 amp with akg k240 headphones.), and display. UI, speed, and camera are second. OS... Now os... I prefer wp8. Now, after that rant, I will state my point: Its apple. It will look good... And that's it. It won't be the fastest, nor will it have a great display (especially not if they keep their LCD screen they call retina display as a gimmick.) All apple has is a surplus of apps, and a beautifully designed product. Samsung has a meh display, a mediocre camera, a decent look I guess to some people, decent performance, and a pretty darn good UI. HTC relies upon audio and amazing design. Nokia relies upon product customization, camera, durability, display, and a UI that is in my opinion on par with if not better than Samsung. LG is a performance crazy lot. Look at nexus 5 they made: that was fast as heck when they released it. LG g3 isn't going to be any different. I'm thinking if there is going to ever be 4+ GB of ram and a crazy octa core 2. Whatever processor, then LG will be the ones to do it. That sums them up. That is what each company is striving for with their phones as far as I can tell.
34. TheGenius (Posts: 339; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
Looks like u were kicked out of your house for praising s5 when you loved it and now you are trying to get your family back by faking your hatred towards it.
Bad move troll.
But I hope u win your people back :)
35. DisCHORD (Posts: 35; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
What are you talking about? I'm confused to high hell by your comment genius. Not once did I say anything about my family not liking me, nor did anything I said imply that I am a troll. I was stating my views on phones. I like the s5 for quite a few reasons, but it doesn't fill my requirements in audio or display. The UI is top notch, speed is great, camera is decent enough, but the display is miscolored and the audio sub par. That is why I am going to stick with my choice of HTC or Nokia. My main point however is that apple products will always look good. No matter what apple makes, aesthetics are a main design point.