iPhone 6 goes up against the Galaxy S5 and iPhone 5s in these leaked pictures
Luckily for us, today won't go without a much-needed fix of iPhone 6 info! And you know what? It's actually quite the juicy leak we're talking about. Italian site macitynet.it has published a number of images that are said to reveal the iPhone 6 in all its glory, but that's not all. The source of the photos has even pitted the iPhone dummy against two of its eventual competitors - the Galaxy S5 and the iPhone 5s.
As you can see in the images, the iPhone 6 device is just slightly smaller than the Galaxy S5, reaffirming the rumors that there's going to be a 4.7" display on board. At the same time, we can feast our eyes on what seems to be a very slim, almost all-metal body that's visibly thinner than that of the iPhone 5s. In our opinion, it kind of looks like the iPad Air, so it does seem believable for the iPhone 6 to look like that. An additional detail we're able to spot is the power key, which has now moved to the right hand side of the device (as opposed to the top), similarly to that of the Galaxy S5. Naturally, this is a preferred positioning in large smartphones, since it makes it easier to reach the often-used power key.
One thing that makes us doubt the authenticity of this leaked iPhoen 6 dummy, though, is the LED flash on the back of the phone, which appears to be just a single LED flash, and not the True Tone dual-LED one that debuted in the iPhone 5s to mostly positive reception. Well, we can never be sure - perhaps Apple has found a way to integrate both LEDs in the space of just one? Hopefully, the next leak will be able to clear this mystery up. But now, please go ahead and take a look at this mostly realistic-looking iPhone 6 dummy and how it compares against the Galaxy S5 and iPhone 5s!
Alleged iPhone 6 dummy vs Galaxy S5 and iPhone 5s Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
LG G3 - 40 Tips & Tricks for LG's most powerful smartphone ever
25 Jul 2014, 01:36
5 Android L themes, launchers and icon packs to install while you wait
25 Jul 2014, 03:23
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
LG G3 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: vote for the better phone
25 Jul 2014, 06:01
The best Android browsers, 2014 edition: design, features, and performance
23 Jul 2014, 09:49
Here’s how to record screen video on Apple’s iPhone and iPad
25 Jul 2014, 09:11
Alleged iPhone 6 dummy vs Galaxy S5 and iPhone 5s
1. iPhone 6 dummy
2. iPhone 6 dummy
3. iPhone 6 dummy
4. iPhone 6 dummy
5. iPhone 6 dummy vs Galaxy S5
6. iPhone 6 dummy vs Galaxy S5
7. iPhone 6 dummy vs Galaxy S5
8. iPhone 6 dummy vs iPhone 5s
9. iPhone 6 dummy vs iPhone 5s
10. iPhone 6 dummy vs iPhone 5s
source: macitynet.it, more via GSMArena
5. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5047; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Hoooooooowwwwww doooooooooo yoooooooooouuuuu knnnnnnooooooowwwwwww?
48. Arte-8800 (Posts: 3086; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Common sense, Apple would not use the iP5 design on the iP6
Every leaks are bogus, untill the last week of day launch
Phonearena would recive iP6 by Apple for them to use
57. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 101; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
really? How do you know? After all, the iPhone 4, 4S, 5 and 5S look nearly 100% identical. They gave you 4 models that looked alike, before that they have you 3. Why would this one be any different.
What I do see, is if Apple goes 4.7" the device will look more like a Samsung devices vs a typical iPhone.
The reality is, the one photo I have seen where the guy is holding a grey dummy, looks exactly like what the Chinese leaked render looked like.
That is pretty much your next iPhone. Get over it. Its a Samsung inspired device.
2. zhiae (Posts: 167; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
The will copy thire i pad air design what a enovation.
23. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6139; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
No I think they copy from the iph5c design and still have a small screen not to mention more glass which it will blend even more.
36. Finalflash (Posts: 1447; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
No they copied their own iPod+iPhone 3G design. Johnny is so getting fired.
3. twens (Posts: 519; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Phones are supposed to be held in the hands. Apple is thinking of too much design. How is this going to be comfortable to hold? Also it's too long. We need a slightly wide phone to make texting much easier. Design is not everything apple or Samsung won't be selling in millions. Be practical with your design.
27. iampayne (Posts: 208; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
Are we looking at the same thing here. The corners are rounded which will fit in the hands much better than sharper squared corners. And the mock up is wider than the 5S.
58. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 101; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Samsung is selling millions because their phones are very well designed. Just because they don't use metal doesn't mean they aren't deigned well. After all, why did OEM's like LG copy their style and look.
4. BattleBrat (Posts: 1038; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
It looks like they ripped off the M8's wrapped metal appearance
6. FriendsOfSamsung (unregistered)
As dummy as it's predecessor, nothing special as usual
19. FriendsOfSamsung (unregistered)
I'm not fanboy, I'm friends of Samsung
53. The13thKing (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
and you to a LOSER brand. A Nokia? orrr maybe a Sony? Grandpa loves Sony too. it iz relayabul.
68. Arte-8800 (Posts: 3086; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I don't hate no Oems but Apple
You are wrong
7. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5047; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Long and tall is the iPhone's next revolution. But I somehow like the design though.
13. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5047; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
HTC One: Uh, wait waht? No, that's not me.
iPhone 5s: Eh, look! It looks exactly like me!
HTC One: Because it is you, dumb toot.
iPhone 5s: No, you dumb twat, it's the iPhone 6.
HTC One: Really? Yo mama Apple has no creative at all.
iPhone 5s: Yo dada HTC likes cheap tin can aluminium lol.
Galaxy S5: Can you two floppy turds stop already?
HTC One and iPhone 5s: Hey, band aid!
Galaxy S5: U motherfuka...(rage face)http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed
43. refillable (Posts: 583; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
O, Look who's talking! A Fanboy again! NOOO!
52. The13thKing (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
yeah I'm A Fanboy, and you are one too. please tell me about how your sony z2 is selling.
44. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5047; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
You better be, you're the unlucky one here.
54. The13thKing (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
lmaooo. your name says it all. now again go to h*ll. no one cares about your sony. it's for the nursing homes, they adore it there.
45. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5047; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Have some sense of humor, it will make you happier. Don't be so miserable mkay?
59. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 101; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
The GS5 will sell better than all the HTC One models combined. Good luck with that 4MP crappy camera.
Copying Apple certainly won't make you successful, after all Samsung is the most successful OEM that uses Android
70. ThePython (Posts: 208; Member since: 08 May 2013)
Look at what you've done, xperiaDROID! You made me choke on water.
You people and your fancy jokes.
35. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1090; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
10. Lauticol (Posts: 179; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
It's way less elegant than the iPhone 5s. What are you thinking, Apple?
12. andonia2 (Posts: 27; Member since: 26 Jul 2013)
Frankly Speaking, althogh the i6 looks tall... i bet it'll be easier to hold in the hand... and it looks quite good....
37. Finalflash (Posts: 1447; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Nope, it will be awkward as hell in the hand because of its excessive thinness. It will almost impossible to use one handed due to the navigation on iPhone apps. Finally, it looks TERRIBLE, they definitely took a step back in design. Fortunately, iFans tow the company line and question not, so none of this will be a concern after release.
16. amats69 (Posts: 971; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Cant wait! My long wait for iphone with bigger screen will come to an end this coming months! M8 plus iphone6 perfect duo! :)
17. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 2672; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
this reminds me of..................
18. apple4never (Posts: 920; Member since: 08 May 2013)
good going apple, you lost the 1 thing you had,........design
20. BReND0 (Posts: 58; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
Anyone else notice the power button moved to side. Not really digging the that our the round-ness please keep it flat/flush.
22. tim123 (Posts: 10; Member since: 27 Jan 2014)
Looks nice but there is 2 problems, firstly the flash isn't dual anymore and I don't think apple would down grade and secondly if this is real it looks like a iPod touch 5g or Lumia 925
62. TechDork (Posts: 207; Member since: 10 May 2010)
Well they did mention, by rumor mill, they would be taking design cues from the latest iPod Touch..or Nano, one of those, and it has the rounded body.
24. hanano17 (Posts: 5; Member since: 27 Mar 2012)
Anyone notice the Sim card slot doesn't have a slot, just a hole? Not sure how that works lol
32. hanano17 (Posts: 5; Member since: 27 Mar 2012)
Good point, helps to read the article I guess lol.
64. tim123 (Posts: 10; Member since: 27 Jan 2014)
I thought thats to open the phone because there isn't screw at the bottom of the phone.
25. jellmoo (Posts: 625; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
A side mounted power button seems like a rather large change for Apple. Don't get me wrong, I would much prefer it on the side than the top, but I would be quite surprised if they made such a move.
56. BReND0 (Posts: 58; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
Well to them it would be innovation ... That they re-invented the location. Better touch
61. Taters (Posts: 2592; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Apple will do side mounted for sure. As much as I dislike Apple and their arrogance and practices, they test the crap out of their handsets. And after going through the motions with a top power button handset and a side mounted one, the side mount already has won before inception.
When the iphone was as small as the iphone 5s, you could get away with top mounted. Now that the iphone is larger, Apple will go side mounted. Guranteed. The aren't idiots like HTC.