iPhone 6 dummy gets snapped alongside the entirety of the iPhone family and its main rivals
1. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 1709; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Photo 2 reminds me of this picture
16. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I hope this is the iP6
36. downyjr (Posts: 6; Member since: 25 May 2014)
The gold was terrible on the 5s and still is terrible on this dummy. Only gold device I have ever thought was good was the Gold Brown on the Samsung Tab. Even my beloved G2 is terrible in gold!!
4. bbblader (Posts: 586; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Does making a dummy phone and comparing it even prove a point? It's like taking a kid toy phone and comparing it with other phones.
9. darkkjedii (Posts: 13892; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You mean like the huge bezels on the s5? It's not about bezel, it's about performance, value, support, Eco system, and resale value.
11. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3454; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Exactly. And it's like iPhones have those things, right?
13. Astoni (Posts: 607; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Thats true, but as fast as an android phone had those kind of bezels it got quite a lot of criticism.. iphones never got that. IMO less bezels is a very good thing but as long as it has a curved back i don't mind at all :p
15. darkkjedii (Posts: 13892; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I think iPhones have too much bezel too. I hate the wastes space. +1
18. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Performance on the Safari which lacks flash and feautres
Value using cheap glass and cheap low grade single layers aluminum which costs less than polycarbonate
Support charging and arm and a leg to replace a cracked screen and overpriced warranty ,also medicare midrange device with a highend price in return they give back onethird but makes near half in profits to provide support
Closed resticted platform, being told what you can't and can do. Lmfao . what is your life restricted from what you can and can't do. So when you said why does it bother me if you camp outside with your middle aged wife I should not interfere nor have my opinion.
Resale value, they only make 1device a year why would it depreciate. Apple's theory take it or leave it. Others… .
20. darkkjedii (Posts: 13892; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You're now on my "don't bother list". It's useless, pointless, and beneath me, to respond to you after this.
22. Taters (Posts: 3690; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Two things. First, that picture that shows the gs5 side by side with the alleged iPhone 6 shows that the size is pretty much the same but the GS5 has a much bigger screen, which means the GS5 bezels are nowhere near this.
Second, the gs5 was the first Samsung flagship with huge bezels. This is the 6 iPhone with huge bezels so keep smoking in your iuniverse buddy.
29. PBXtech (Posts: 994; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
If they showed this next to the G2, the difference would be extreme. Bezels are one of many important aspects that shouldn't be overlooked, it affects how you hold and use the phone, and what type of enjoyment you get from the screen size it allows.
34. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3037; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
You're kidding, right, Darkk? Comparing the bezel size of the S5 to any iPhone is just moronic. No comparison.
19. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Apple users don't care about embrrassment nor they they hold social prestige or self esteem or social aristocrats
As long it has a Apple logo it means eveything to them
6. pwnarena (Posts: 1007; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
it's like apple acting like samsung when they had the galaxy s3. i'm just not sure if it's going to make things better for apple. the ugly S3 paved the way for greater success for samsung. this ugly new iphone will probably be doing the opposite. they didn't even exert any effort in reducing those side bezels.
8. darkkjedii (Posts: 13892; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Looks nice, but the white bands are too thick. Luckily this isn't the iPhone 6.
24. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
the front is complete, the back is still "under-construction" .. it has the same back as the 5s had in leaks if you remember last year ..
10. Deaconclgi (Posts: 376; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6. Hmmmmmm....I don't see the entire iPhone family pictured. Close enough though.
12. Agarwalm214 (Posts: 18; Member since: 08 Apr 2014)
Introducing the world's first 4.7 inch screen ugly ifeaturephone :D apple should register patents for it :P
14. stevenberry54 (Posts: 6; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
I'm going to be honest, It's really unfortunate that most people on PhoneArena are seemingly children who are always butthurt by the mention of iOS or iPhone. (I won't mind the downvotes by the way).
I just so happen to really like iOS. I never thought that I would be open to such a large screen simply because I would wonder how people handle the GS5 etc, but I've realized that because I know iOS will be on it, it's easy to justify possibly getting a 5.5" version.
P.S. Kids, learn to spell and use grammar. That would be awesome.
23. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Says the typical guy who acts like a kid, and prefers average things in life
You must not like exzuberent things in life, but accepts average things in present
Everyone is not typical like you
You must live in a small house with 4 childrens with 3 rooms, and drive a mini copper.
Your imaginative idears must be limited beyond your thinking
25. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
GS5 is a small device nowadays.. a compact one, so is Z2 One M8 and others... smaller phones are miniature .. we're in 2014
26. 0kax0el0 (Posts: 49; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
My first impression was the same as everyone else: "this looks f****** ugly!"
Enough of the dummy! Show the real thing!
32. Diezparda (Posts: 274; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
it's so slender, but those huge bezel is such a waste. iPad was my fave tablet, will larger iPhone affecting iPad sales?
33. gigaraga (Posts: 1397; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
The Samsung Galaxy S5 looks amazing next to the iPhone 6.
35. BigBoss10 (Posts: 240; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
ALL ARE SAME PIECE OF SHHHHHHHHHHIIIITTTTTTTTTTZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ