iPhone 6 concept once again ignores reality for fantasy
0. phoneArena 12 Aug 2013, 21:28 posted on
You really have to give it to those who make Apple iPhone concepts, because so few of them are bound by the limits of reality. More than any other product around, concept designers love to come up with incredibly imaginative possibilities for the next iPhone, even if there is little to no chance that any of those ideas will make it into the product itself. It's the kind of thinking we'd like to see more put towards Nokia Lumia concepts, or Google Nexus...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
21. jshan (Posts: 200; Member since: 25 Dec 2011)
Anything But That " Your Comment Streight Away Showing that you are a apple hater ...so no further discussions buddy ..
16. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
The designer seemed to be on drugs then. Didn't realize what actually he made?
2. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Looks like a Hershey chocolate bar to me.
3. 1113douglas (Posts: 193; Member since: 04 Jul 2013)
Looks just like all other iphones, on the outside and the inside. Looks like their trying to make everything like android and lg and samsung. The same old boring ios, except this time a slightly better display and larger screen, that is .1 mm thinner. Woohoo. Sorry apple, your the past and android is the future, just accept it.
6. jshan (Posts: 200; Member since: 25 Dec 2011)
without your same boring iOS u would nt have an android now .. think bout that and respect to it before you hitting on iOS ..
12. softfurryanus (banned) (Posts: 232; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Android inc. was founded in 2003, bought by Google in 2005. I won't say it hasn't used things from iOS but Apple has been much more obvious in taking things from Android and calling it new.
20. jshan (Posts: 200; Member since: 25 Dec 2011)
android CEO Was In Apple Board In 2003 .. So How Come ? I need to See some evidence buddy !! If Android Found In 2003 Why There Wasnt Any Android Devices Before iOS ?
22. jshan (Posts: 200; Member since: 25 Dec 2011)
k ! U were Right Bout The Androids Released Date .. But It was lack of performence .. And 1 st android Device Came Out in October 2008 .. Right After Original Iphone Released .. so after that only they could put those amzing fetures to android copying and stealing from iOS .. (like pinch to zoom and smoothness .. speed and finger fast scorrol displays .. so u still think that iOS Boring Than android ?
27. iampayne (Posts: 319; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
iPhone was released in 2007. 2008 is not really right after.
4. Rehankhan (Posts: 323; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
mm looks like nokia xpress music touch screen version
5. tedkord (Posts: 7190; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Why isn't this possible. After years of working on flexible amoled displays, Apple applied for a patent on flexible display devices. I'm sure that Samsung will coy this.
i/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF &u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-adv.html&r=17&p=1&f=G&l=50&d=P G01&S1=(apple.AS.+AND+20130530 .PD.)&OS=an/apple+and+pd/5/30/ 2013&RS=(AN/apple+AND+PD/20130 530)
9. 007james (Posts: 15; Member since: 03 Aug 2013)
Are you "fanboys" all this persistent? lol. And isn't Samsung the one that showed off an actual flexible display last year? Flexible displays are going to be a natural evolution of the smartphone whether it be Android, MS, Apple.
13. softfurryanus (banned) (Posts: 232; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
That doesn't mean anything like this can be mass produced at a price people want to pay within the next few years. And 007james said it perfectly, they will come along at some point.
11. softfurryanus (banned) (Posts: 232; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
These concept videos (yes even android ones) make me cringe in disgust, not because of what's shown but because there is some blind-fanboy-idiot who thinks the company is actually capable of what is shown in the video within a year. And Michael H... I like you, man but this article just doesn't deserve to be on the site.
14. Darkerm (Posts: 269; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
Anyone Remember "Nokia GEM phone concept"?
18. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1310; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
I did, I was looking for the video, you save me the work. ;)
15. seanwhat (Posts: 267; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
what's even the point of concepts? aren't they essentially just something some guy drew up in his basement?
17. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3492; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Cool but this'll not be reality, it's just a concept.
25. chemhaz (Posts: 161; Member since: 04 May 2012)
Looks like a HTC One with a twist of Samsung's flexible edge screen notification found on a prototype phone.
26. pellegrini (Posts: 84; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
What will happen if when you are holding the device you hit the volume buttons by accident?
It may be cool to have flexible screen like that, but it isn't practical for me (yet).