iPhone 6 camera said to sport wide f/1.8 aperture, 10MP+ resolution, and swappable resin lenses
0. phoneArena 04 Feb 2014, 07:24 posted on
Conventional rumor-derived knowledge so far is that the iPhone 6 will sport an 8 MP camera again, though speculation on a higher-resolution unit have been bandied about before, too. Now the news section of the giant electronics e-tailer JD has posted tips claimed to be from the Taiwanese supply chain of Apple, and they cite a 10 MP+ camera is in the cards for the next iPhone. Not only will the sensor be new, they report, but also the camera unit will have a very wide f/1.8 aperture, and support interchangeable resin lenses...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. akki20892 (Posts: 3901; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Bigger iPhone should be smaller bezel. Or it's gonna look big.
40. Finalflash (Posts: 3130; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
It's gonna have the same bezels I think on bottom at least because of the home button and touch id, but people should really tone down the expectations and rumors. We all know what happened in the previous years.
44. 777light777 (Posts: 63; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
We'll see this on like the iPhone 8 LOL, all these specs that never come on the iPhone! (the iPhone always has the dumbest most far fetched rumors) c:
(also if an iPhone looked like that ^ they would gladly take your $2,000) :D
3. darkkjedii (Posts: 21733; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Looking forward to purchasing this. Bring it apple.
5. bucky (Posts: 2611; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Agreed. I'm curious to see what they do with the design and camera.
8. darkkjedii (Posts: 21733; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
This being a redesign year really has me intrigued. Everything's up in the air at this point, one thing I'm sure of though, is that it'll be a gorgeous device.
15. whysoserious (Posts: 318; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
what? iPhone has "redesign year"?! since when??
6. papss (unregistered)
I'm excited to see what this brings. I may have one as a second if its bigger like the rumors are true. I'd give apple my business before the others (WP being my main ps of course)
10. darkkjedii (Posts: 21733; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
WP's growth has been huge. Can't go wrong with it
19. eggimage (Posts: 79; Member since: 19 Jan 2012)
I think WP still needs time, not saying it's bad, but it'll only grow drastically when MS settles down and gets their systems on the right path (8, RT, WP). hopefully when Win9 is out and WP & RT merge (or not)
37. darkkjedii (Posts: 21733; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Do you make smartphones/software? Do you generate the revenue that WP does? Didn't think so.
4. twens (Posts: 979; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Apple has the most ridiculous bezels on a phone. The top and button of their phones is just too funny and hideous.
25. Sauce (unregistered)
Yet it looks sexier and classier than most phones out there. Every business man I see in NYC is always holding an iPhone and Galaxy device.
31. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Same in Chicago, especially in Downtown where all the business people work.
41. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Every business man I see in NYC is always holding an iPhone..."
And that nohow makes iPhone bezels look bettrer...
42. darkkjedii (Posts: 21733; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Sauce, I think the only phone that can go toe toe with the 5s in looks is the HTC One. That's puppy's a beauty, I keep flip flopping on which looks the best. The gold 5s though, is tops IMHO.
46. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Idk, the Moto X wood backed phones are pretty sexy too. And dont forget about the z1 and z1 compact.
50. reckless562 (banned) (Posts: 1153; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
aluminum does look good, but i rather be able to have a removable battery. thats one reason i dont like iphones. n i have a macbook pro, but its plugged in usually. y would i wana keep my phone plugged in?
7. 1701nino (unregistered)
Who knows maybe this year i'll switch back to ios from android.Very happy with my nexus phone but at the end i don't use even 20% of options android offers,i mostly use it as stock with a new widget here and there.As for ios,we have an ipad 2,which the whole family loves,and i have so many buyed apps from my previous iphone that its a shame to throw them away.So my advice everyone,think carefully what OS appeals to you,then stick with it till the end ;)
9. T.F.O.A (Posts: 36; Member since: 14 Dec 2013)
Apple know how to design such beautifull devices. Its apple we're talking here, not samsung.
33. williamdroid (Posts: 125; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
Then why even mention Samsung in the first place?
11. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I don't want to say this but if all the rumours are true the iPhone 6 will be very tough for the competition. Probably for the first time in a few years. Very excited to see what all the OEM's are prepping for this year. Especially Sony and HTC! Also curious to se what Microsoft has to offer!
12. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
I'll still take the Sony Xperia cameras over the Apple one any day.
13. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
iPhone 5S's camera > Z1 in night shots and tie in daylight.
14. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Is that one of those opinion things? I haven't seen any 5S photo that looks better than or as good as the photos my Z1S takes.