iPhone 6 and iPhone Plus concept dreams about future Apple devices with a clickable touchpad
0. phoneArena 04 Mar 2013, 06:29 posted on
Apple might still be the gold industry standard for design and product excellence, but it must be feeling the heat as its shares are sinking lower and lower…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. spideyhead256 (Posts: 148; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
this actually looks pretty good.apple should certainly take some cues from this concept.
10. rizevnarastek (Posts: 347; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Just wait till people start saying that Apple copied HTC One :D
16. spideyhead256 (Posts: 148; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
=P obviously they will.people seem to take inspiration in the form of blatant copying.and they always seem to forget there's a huge difference between 'copying' and 'resembling'.
28. techspace (Posts: 1010; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
no, it doesn't look like the htc one
infact, people are saying that htc one looks like the the bbz10
29. techspace (Posts: 1010; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
it looks like a modified version of ipod touch 4g
38. cloud_atlas1991 (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Apple is getting so irrelevant nowadays. They are no longer the master of innovation.
23. AamirSIII (banned) (Posts: 187; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
these are concepts but its a matter of fact that WHATEVER apple will create, will sell in millions!! thats cause there are millions of iSheeps... and TBH, the build quality of apple's products is unmatched! like the retarded-ness of their design engineers is unmatched! apple should definitely change its self now and android world should really be prepared for that cause if apple changes its products and brings versatility in its products, oh Boy, Android world would get a very bad bad bump...
cause android has been successful over the past years just because of its versatility in products, the wide range of products and apple has yet not gone for that approach...
im really looking forward to android Key Lime Pie and it should be really the game changer in real terms cause apple will strike back even more severely cause of the tough competition from sammy!
24. PhoenixWright (Posts: 102; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
>If Apple does follow through with this design then I'd be shocked and impressed.
>>Plus if Apple adds customization features like android or more, then I'd be very impressed and gonna think of buying one.
>>>Lastly if Apple makes it sturdy enough and strike a deal with Liquipel (like what Nokia with P2i during the WMC), then they could also water-resist their phone which I'd drool over and buy if I had the cash :D
30. andro. (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
They actually look really good external design wise,very sleek,
except for the same old ios ui interface of course lol
Ironic thing of these ifan renders is that androids like the s4 will more than likely look very similar to these concept renders this year,while the iphone wont resemble a design like this for at least 2-3 years.
35. jonartpop (Posts: 168; Member since: 25 Oct 2012)
I agree, it's just beautiful and very futuristic. Plus if Apple made new UI that'd be better. I doubt Apple would even take some cues.
15. rodkurt (Posts: 128; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
Apple's copying the product of the company they're suing..
19. rajagopalan.k (Posts: 35; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
I think apple wants the people waiting for the samsung's new flagship to think that this is the s4 and sell them the above devices....
this is what they said when the s2 had "rounded corners(TM)"
TM- trademarked, patented and punishable by serious $$$ charges.
31. andro. (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
The render on the right could easily be this years s4 external design. Ifans are allowed to dream iguess
3. rodkurt (Posts: 128; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
nah...looks like HTC butterfly...
galaxy S IV!!!!
4. timtimity (Posts: 196; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
Nice concept. With the white top and bottom and an edge to edge screen in the middle it reminds me of the HTC One.
5. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Not bad. The silver trim reminds me of a S3. I think Apple might have hurt themselves a little bit. With all the court battle and crying they have done with the "design" of their product, anything "new" from them would just be a copy off of another company phone. I am personally, growing tired of all these plain squares company are putting out. I would like to see some more design elements to a phone.
40. McLTE (Posts: 804; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
I agree.. Apple has painted themselves into a corner here.
In the phone industry we've about seen it all by now as far as form factor goes.. if Apple deviates AT ALL from their current shape, lawyers from other OEMs will be on them like my dog when she sees an unattended pizza.. CHOMP!
6. syedzain (Posts: 175; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
well right now i am waiting for s4 ( yep comes from an apple user ) then would see what would apple bring. If apple fails... then sammy here i come.
12. Skiman (Posts: 15; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
Its a bit late now, they already have failed, only sheep still buy iphones, they are playing catchup, there current phone stinks
9. rizevnarastek (Posts: 347; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Just wait till people start saying that Apple copied HTC One :D
18. sithvenger (banned) (Posts: 371; Member since: 25 Aug 2012)
How is apple copying the HTC One, when these mockups are not from, or by apple? You then contradict yourself with comment #14. C'mon Lyndon you can do better.
14. lyndon420 (Posts: 3671; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Concept looks good, so it most likely won't be made by fruit.
17. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Looks like HTC phone with Apple logo to me
20. Aeires (unregistered)
What the iPhone should have looked like in 2007, it's high time they ditched the grade school home button.
21. N-fanboy (Posts: 543; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
Iphones never look apealing to me... I don't know its may be coz i'm straight...
34. sithvenger (banned) (Posts: 371; Member since: 25 Aug 2012)
So is Michael Jordan, Denzel Washington, Samuel L Jackson, and a host of other iPhone users. Your attempt to disrespect iPhone users was plain stupid and homophobic.
45. spideyhead256 (Posts: 148; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
not trying to defend apple..but that's seriously one of the most idiotic comments i've read on here.so according to you every person who owns an iphone isn't 'straight'? =| wow.have to commend your naive thought process pal.and it's not even slightly amusing.
22. izim1 (Posts: 362; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
I read "clickable touchpad" and I don't know why but immediately thought BB storm. I mean a can totally see apple getting rid of the home button and making the whole screen the home button and all the fanboys going nuts over the awesome innovation. then suing BB over sureclick. Or getting sued and telling the courts they should throw out the lawsuit because no one uses it anymore. All that aside, large screen phones don't fit in skinny hipster jeans all that well so they have to keep them small.
25. drnggaj33 (Posts: 127; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
lmao a clickable touchpad mmmm blackberry storm duh and plus that iphone6 looks like samsung style phone ijs they just need to worry about there os because that sux 80% of people that have a iphone dont know how to use it andriod ppl > apple ppl
26. CreeDiddy (Posts: 601; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
Yes this is a nice concept. Edge to edge design without making the handset larger. I wonder if this is a 5" display. Overall, I believe I see similarities in the SIII, but also see some influence of some Android handsets as well. Although very nice concept.
36. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Exactly..this what I'm thinking about...
33. Eonnaydra (Posts: 217; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
This design doesn't look like the the S3's design.In fact,it looks like a modern design of iPhone 3GS.I really don't see something in common with the S3,the concept is completely redesigned(it's very thin+other materials,doesn't have a home button etc).
Apple should take a look over these concepts and sign a contract with the designer that have made these concepts.In my opinion is better than Ive :)) .
Apple should listen to costumers,I have both iPhone 5 and S3 and I can say that iPhone 5 is better than S3 in terms of speed,quality,camera,browsing but S3's software capabilities are awesome and I'm sure that Samsung will bring us a monster and handsome S4 on 14 March.
iOS needs a facelift,a new UI with the same code inside with more freedom to have a chance against Android in the future.
37. _VipeR_ (Posts: 47; Member since: 30 May 2011)
This will do nothing more than start another patent battle as Samsung will sue Apple for infringing on their designs. This looks exactly like my Note 2.
39. ZeroCide (Posts: 763; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
Is it just me or does that look like a Galaxy phone running IOS.
41. iami67 (Posts: 318; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
With out the big ugle home button it looks like a S3 to me. Hope samsung gets ready for a lawsuit
42. _PHug_ (Posts: 443; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
Everyone knows 5s is coming next with a small spec bump.
Besides that screen is bigger and if Apple's history is any indication they only make bigger screens every 5 years so maybe that could be the iPhone 10 or maybe the 7s i dunno. lol
44. Alex123 (Posts: 241; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
I hope Apple will bring us the pretty look design, do not bring the same every time. do not keep much space on the top and bottom of the phone, look not nice
46. moronman66 (Posts: 162; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
Awesome rendering, but the front looks like the HTC One with the curves of the GS3, and the back looks like an iPod Touch. Not a bad looking piece of technology, but if they went with that, with any luck, Samsung would sue them