iPhone 5's 4-inch screen too small? Here's a solution
0. phoneArena 17 Sep 2012, 09:03 posted on
Apple announced the iPhone 5 last week and it was no surprise that it came with a slightly larger 4-inch screen. That might be good for one-handed operation…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
29. torr310 (Posts: 533; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
This is NOT a slightly larger screen but a slightly "LONGER" screen.
31. SGSatlantis (Posts: 205; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
At least it won't be a pain in the ass to watch videos. Slightly
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
LOL we need to pay another $$$$$
3. Peter27 (Posts: 233; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
This is epic!
Much better than any of the parodies on iPhone. This is a parody, but it actually exist.
100 thumbs up from me.
17. Peter27 (Posts: 233; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Help me please... I can't stop laughing...
39. savezo007 (Posts: 41; Member since: 12 Aug 2012)
and later that day Peter27 couldnt stop laughing and died from suffocation. ;(
4. AppleConspiracy (Posts: 636; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
This is subversive art installation, right?
5. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Sounds like a good idea. Seems a bit pricey though.
6. f1r3z0r (Posts: 88; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Whatever apple offers to the ifan, they will buy because it is drug for them.... This what Apple call stealnovation. The art of how to steal money with "apple innovation". Innovation is Samsung technology, wireless charging, and more that Samsung Galaxy S3 offers
25. vickysame (Posts: 9; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
you are somehow right but apple think of every single thing just to make phone slimmer they worked on camera to reduce its size without loosing camera quality and samsung did nothing that good in innovation they introduced wireless charging but till date i have note seen that accessories in market. if you want to see inovation then go and see nokia pureview and super touch thas we all need. if wp8 is a good os then nokia will give a strong comeback.
8. trentsinmypants (Posts: 318; Member since: 29 Jan 2009)
Anyone know what a "Phalet" is?
"That might be good for one-handed operation, but for those with a slightly larger hand and/or enchanted by phablets and the latest crop of high-end Androids with big screens, this might be underwhelming."
24. vickysame (Posts: 9; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
phablet is a new word added to dictonary for phones such as samsung galaxy note. (p)hone+t(ablet) = pablet
11. ajac09 (Posts: 1402; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
sadly to get the iphone to be as awesome as the competition you have to do this. But still lacks alot to be a good phone
12. bomariam1 (Posts: 30; Member since: 08 May 2012)
Just one comment to all of you loving it.
Are you so blaind, or just playing dum?
13. CreeDiddy (Posts: 480; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
what a stupid product idea. Get an AppleTV.
14. mas11 (Posts: 1033; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Or just buy a different phone like a normal person...
15. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
This is cool. iPlanned on duct-taping my hypothetiCal iPhone 5 to my flat screen but now iWon't have to.
20. JunkCreek (Posts: 406; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
while androids fans struggle to make their phone performance better with the software, iphone likely struggling with all possible peripherals to make it looks better
21. ogtomasx (Posts: 43; Member since: 25 Aug 2012)
Iphone 5 is so garbage Lol... Same ad the 4s just with updates WoW wake up....
22. vickysame (Posts: 9; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
great innovation. superb.. i can believe this simple thing can be so much innovatiove. good job by manufacturer.
23. Slammer (Posts: 1367; Member since: 03 Jun 2010)
Why not do what most Apple users do to get what they want. It's really a simple explanation. It was actually manufactured with a much larger screen. Apple purposely locked down the screen size until the next version. So, all they have to do is Jailbreak it. :)
28. tedkord (Posts: 6423; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I'm not really sure how to react to this. It's both absurd and cool all at once. I wonder how much the magnifier distorts the image?
32. tdegner02 (Posts: 1; Member since: 17 Sep 2012)
I distinctly remember a scene from WALL-E that was exactly like this.
34. 2LiveStu (Posts: 5; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
this idea so was terrible it gave me cancer as I read it
35. KangLee (Posts: 14; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
Just get a bigger screen size phone. And they are cheaper than iPhone 5. :)
36. bayusuputra (Posts: 957; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
iPhone 5's screen too small? Here's a solution:
Don't buy an iPhone..
It doesn't take a genius..
37. theo14461 (Posts: 200; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Can't say I blame them for making this product. If something's made for an iphone, good chance it'll sell.
38. amirlukmanhisyam (Posts: 42; Member since: 26 Jun 2012)
This can be put under "7 things that could have made the iPhone 5 an even better phone"
Guess what, we think we've just found not one, not two, but SEVEN things that could have made the iphone 5 an even better smartphone,
- Improved, more stylish design
Don't get us wrong - we love the iphone5's design, and we're sure it is still the same since the first iPhone, but a lot of folks are complaining that the appearance is almost unchanged from the Iphone 3, Iphone 3Gs, iPhone 4 or even the iPhone 4s.
- Expandable storage
For most users, having internal memory is more than enough, however, it's always appreciated when you can actually expand this storage space with at least 16 or 32GB more! You like storing all your media on your handset? Well, if the iPhone 5 had a microSD card slot, you wouldn't have anything to worry about. Still, we're sure that if you use your internal storage wisely, you shouldn't have any problems with it either.
- Customized UI
There, we said it! We're actually starting to believe that the same UI looks found on each and every iPhone devices may become boring for users, and thus have a negative effect on the bottom lines for Apple.
- More megapixels
Sure, iPhone have similar sensor with iPhone 4s just a little compact, but its 8MP sensor doesn't allow you to use "lossless zoom" like on the Nokia 808 PureView with its gigantic 41MP sensor.
- Better screen ratio
most of the current iPhone users will loved the new taller screen but the weird ratio will give you bad movie experience
And don't foget the Bottle-opener as well which is a brilliant idea, and one that will surely be appreciated by every (male) user. What's the one thing that you cannot live without? Of course, it's the bottle-opener! You hear that, Apple.