iPhone 5S with 128GB of storage possibly coming as well
0. phoneArena 15 Aug 2013, 21:58 posted on
The closer we get to September 10 – the day on which Apple is expected to announce its new iPhone models – the more and more insider information about them surfaces on the internet. And the latest leak comes courtesy of KGI analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, who is known for his accurate predictions about upcoming Apple products. On the said date, Apple is expected to announce an iPhone 5S model with a massive storage capacity of 128GB...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
8. Pancoon (Posts: 42; Member since: 05 Jul 2013)
I am so confused where this conversation went to.
36. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2025; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
this will be sitting on the shelve, next to the 128gb ipad.. lol
25. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
i just like one thing about apple
when they announce 16/31/64GB versions of flagship they release all at same time
while in case of samsung we hardly see 32/64GB version for 8months
2. scott5626 (Posts: 49; Member since: 01 Sep 2009)
I'll take a 128GB! One mans junk is another mans...
46. joey_sfb (Posts: 4261; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
It's not just junk, it's expensive..... JUNK!
7. Pancoon (Posts: 42; Member since: 05 Jul 2013)
So if you take a lot of videos and photos, you will have room for that all as well as your apps. It may be over kill though.
44. JC557 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
music, videos/ movies, pics, apps and games. I have around 32GB worth of tunes, plus 15GB of various videos I'd like to have with me along with informative apps totaling 2GB... granted its on Android but still. I'm also adding more music as time goes on but not updating my phones as often.
Then again, I'd rather have a 32GB iPod Nano 7th gen (don't need a large screen) and a 64GB capacity smartphone for the other stuff.
6. Pancoon (Posts: 42; Member since: 05 Jul 2013)
128GB for $100 more than 64GB. What a deal!. I don't mean to be a apple hater, but seriously, they just want money. If they added a MicroSD card, 64GB of internal and 64GB SD card, you will save so much. A SD card it like $20.
10. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
128gb from 8gb is a ripoff for $100. Its been years and phone makers are bending over users on phone storage.
28. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1640; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
That's actually the best storage deal you can get. SD cards don't have anywhere near the transfer speeds of internal NAND, and most phones that cost $50 or $100 more for the next storage size are only giving you 8-32GB more space. 64GB is a significant upgrade.
31. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Nor the fact that SD cards are cumbersome like removeable batteries.
An SD card adds more parts, more space, etc. to the device.
39. techaman (unregistered)
There is a new tech that makes external ad faster then internal I was reading up on it when Samsung announced they put 1terabyte by using a new stacked wafer 128bit internal
45. JC557 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
I'd have to agree with this, a 64GB jump in on-board NAND can be a bit more costly than microSD. Those 64GB microSDXC with high speed transfers can get close to $80 - 100.
Before anyone says high speeds are a waste, then they clearly never used a high quality action/ movie camera.
47. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
It would really suck if you dropped your $80 to $100 high speed transfer microSD card and then proceed to lose it in the process.
59. lolrus (Posts: 29; Member since: 18 May 2013)
It's like 50 bucks on Amazon for a class 10 64gb, goes on sale for 40 sometimes too.
11. ViBRATOt49 (Posts: 17; Member since: 06 Aug 2009)
watch. apple finna release a 5.2 inch iPhone 5X sept 10 with a built in blue ray player and pregnancy test scanner surprising all y'all
12. bucky (Posts: 1997; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I don't get it, why is this a bad thing that all you haters attack?
There different models for each price range!
Internal storage is always better than an sd card. Just look at the sgs4....8.5 gb left of the 16gb offered with no allowing apps to sd unless rooted.
Blind noob hate.
18. skyline88 (Posts: 382; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
and that pretty much explained why sgs4 having a microSD slot, just like many other great Android and Windows devices out there.
Typical Apple brainless fanboy.
20. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1640; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Yep. 12 year olds need hobbies, too.
51. bucky (Posts: 1997; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Neither of you brainwashed guys said anything to counter argue....and I'm brainless. Fan droids are worse than ifans nowadays
52. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1640; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I was explaining to you why they were hating.
13. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
The only way the iPhone 5S will come with 128GB is if they include an iThumb Drive as an accessory.
24. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Somebody's always on their periods. Chill sweetie.
29. Dorothy69 (banned) (Posts: 498; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Oooh gosh golly that explains it Auntie Em, more than one - good thing MiPad is absorbent.
30. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
iPad is superior in every way now confirmed!
15. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1609; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
$499 FOR 2 YRS or $999.00 FOR UNLOCKED..
16. salmanshah (Posts: 4; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
They will say they are the first smartphone maker in the world who came with 128 GB internal space and people will fall into their trap!
27. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1640; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Quick, name all the other 128GB smartphones...we have time.
40. techaman (unregistered)
It's called ubuntu edge also a ZTE phones in China also huwai phones America is the last to get tech because it's mostly made in other country's
55. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1640; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
The ZTE Nubia Z7 is not out, it's a rumor. The Edge MIGHT come out in May 2014, but it is doubtful, at this point. The biggest Huawei phone is 64GB. If Apple announces and ships a 128GB iPhone in September, they will be first.
17. skyline88 (Posts: 382; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
128GB worth of storage, not a single GB is removable, swappable, upgradeable. Junk as usual.
21. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7030; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
If they add that much memeory like it would ever happened, the price would exceed probably 899-1,000$
23. Planterz (Posts: 1602; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
You can get a 64gb class 10 Sandisk micro SD card from amazon or eBay for $55. How the $@%# can Apple justify charging hundreds of dollars more for a bit more storage?
Oh yeah...because iDiots will pay for it.
26. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1640; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Google charges $50 for 8GB more on the Nexus 4. I would think 64GB to 128GB is worth another $100. That extra 64GB of built-in storage is much faster and less prone to damage than that SD card. Math and logic aren't your strong suits, are they?
42. techaman (unregistered)
When you do a nand backup you then put your stuff on sd card and take it out, if you ever need safety backups if stolen or service wow you really don't know crap about anything do you. Do your homework on phone tech before jumping into the bug pond iboy
64. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Today, people are backing up their data on the cloud.
Physical back-ups using 5.5" floppy disks or Iomega zip drives or sd cards are dated methods.
techaman, you need to join the cloud computing era.
65. techaman (unregistered)
The cloud is a temp area think about it easy hack area to get all your info plus not everyone wants to put all videos and pictures on cloud for anyone to hack it or like many times before company says sorry we lost the server and the crash lost it all also devs don't put their stuff on the cloud as a back up
32. BooBooooooo (Posts: 56; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Maybe it would be manufactured by smasung right?
33. 007james (Posts: 15; Member since: 03 Aug 2013)
$499 subsidized? Assuming the unsubsidized is $899-$999+... Bejesus! I'd rather buy a laptop with that kind of money (Macbook Air?).
34. Planterz (Posts: 1602; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
$100 jump from 64 to 128gb. $100 jump from 32 to 64gb. $100 jump from 16 to 32gb. That's $300 for what should cost $100 or so.
$100 jump from 16 to 32gb? Where's YOUR math and logic? A class 10 16gb micro SD card costs less than $15.
I don't disagree with your point about the Nexus 4. And $100 might not be an overly outrageous jump from 64 to 128gb. But $300 from 16 to 128gb is absurd, especially given the high base cost of the 16gb device.
And of course, there's the expensive and absurdly restrictive issues of iTunes...
EDIT: This was meant as a reply to post 26.
53. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1640; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I agree that the lower jumps are ridiculous. However, an extra $100 from 64 to 128 is far from ridiculous. I WOULD like to see 32GB as the floor, and then I wouldn't mind $399 (subsidized) as the top end. That won't happen, but I still stand by 64 to 128GB for $100 being logical.
35. complexity (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
Don't get mad because it not in your pay grade. Just in the wrong league
37. gentleman559 (Posts: 22; Member since: 08 Aug 2013)
Why is it always Apple versus Android? Ugh, we all know apple sucks and Android rules all. They see me trolling, they hating.......LOL
38. techaman (unregistered)
Grrr Apple you can't have 128 Samsung just announced it and showed off the phone with 1 terabyte by using 128 bits stacked on top of each other and its under a hole lotta pattern protection
41. mas11 (Posts: 1033; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Now that's some innovation, who needs large 1080p displays to view more content or 2GB of RAM for better multitasking?
61. skyline88 (Posts: 382; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
butthurt is stronger than 128GB, i can feel you bro
43. techaman (unregistered)
Samsung report said they maybe as soon as the end of this year maybe the note 3 last minute change like the gs3 with 2gig ram over the rest getting 1 gig
48. tiara6918 (Posts: 1916; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Apple usually is the most expensive smartphone(unlocked and without contract), I can't guess how much this one would cost...