iPhone 5S with 128GB of storage possibly coming as well
0. phoneArena 15 Aug 2013, 21:58 posted on
The closer we get to September 10 – the day on which Apple is expected to announce its new iPhone models – the more and more insider information about them surfaces on the internet. And the latest leak comes courtesy of KGI analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, who is known for his accurate predictions about upcoming Apple products. On the said date, Apple is expected to announce an iPhone 5S model with a massive storage capacity of 128GB...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
8. Pancoon (Posts: 42; Member since: 05 Jul 2013)
I am so confused where this conversation went to.
36. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2278; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
this will be sitting on the shelve, next to the 128gb ipad.. lol
25. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 704; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
i just like one thing about apple
when they announce 16/31/64GB versions of flagship they release all at same time
while in case of samsung we hardly see 32/64GB version for 8months
2. scott5626 (Posts: 49; Member since: 01 Sep 2009)
I'll take a 128GB! One mans junk is another mans...
46. joey_sfb (Posts: 5824; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
It's not just junk, it's expensive..... JUNK!
7. Pancoon (Posts: 42; Member since: 05 Jul 2013)
So if you take a lot of videos and photos, you will have room for that all as well as your apps. It may be over kill though.
44. JC557 (Posts: 1544; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
music, videos/ movies, pics, apps and games. I have around 32GB worth of tunes, plus 15GB of various videos I'd like to have with me along with informative apps totaling 2GB... granted its on Android but still. I'm also adding more music as time goes on but not updating my phones as often.
Then again, I'd rather have a 32GB iPod Nano 7th gen (don't need a large screen) and a 64GB capacity smartphone for the other stuff.
6. Pancoon (Posts: 42; Member since: 05 Jul 2013)
128GB for $100 more than 64GB. What a deal!. I don't mean to be a apple hater, but seriously, they just want money. If they added a MicroSD card, 64GB of internal and 64GB SD card, you will save so much. A SD card it like $20.
10. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
128gb from 8gb is a ripoff for $100. Its been years and phone makers are bending over users on phone storage.
28. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 2210; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
That's actually the best storage deal you can get. SD cards don't have anywhere near the transfer speeds of internal NAND, and most phones that cost $50 or $100 more for the next storage size are only giving you 8-32GB more space. 64GB is a significant upgrade.
31. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Nor the fact that SD cards are cumbersome like removeable batteries.
An SD card adds more parts, more space, etc. to the device.
39. techaman (unregistered)
There is a new tech that makes external ad faster then internal I was reading up on it when Samsung announced they put 1terabyte by using a new stacked wafer 128bit internal
45. JC557 (Posts: 1544; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
I'd have to agree with this, a 64GB jump in on-board NAND can be a bit more costly than microSD. Those 64GB microSDXC with high speed transfers can get close to $80 - 100.
Before anyone says high speeds are a waste, then they clearly never used a high quality action/ movie camera.
47. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
It would really suck if you dropped your $80 to $100 high speed transfer microSD card and then proceed to lose it in the process.
59. lolrus (Posts: 29; Member since: 18 May 2013)
It's like 50 bucks on Amazon for a class 10 64gb, goes on sale for 40 sometimes too.
11. ViBRATOt49 (Posts: 17; Member since: 06 Aug 2009)
watch. apple finna release a 5.2 inch iPhone 5X sept 10 with a built in blue ray player and pregnancy test scanner surprising all y'all
12. bucky (Posts: 2611; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I don't get it, why is this a bad thing that all you haters attack?
There different models for each price range!
Internal storage is always better than an sd card. Just look at the sgs4....8.5 gb left of the 16gb offered with no allowing apps to sd unless rooted.
Blind noob hate.
18. skyline88 (Posts: 458; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
and that pretty much explained why sgs4 having a microSD slot, just like many other great Android and Windows devices out there.
Typical Apple brainless fanboy.
20. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 2210; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Yep. 12 year olds need hobbies, too.
51. bucky (Posts: 2611; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Neither of you brainwashed guys said anything to counter argue....and I'm brainless. Fan droids are worse than ifans nowadays
52. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 2210; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I was explaining to you why they were hating.