iPhone 5S fingerprint scanner confirmed in iOS 7 beta 4
0. phoneArena 29 Jul 2013, 14:35 posted on
If the rumors are right, Apple will be announcing new hardware in just over a month, which would mean that iOS 7 should be closing in on its final form soon. Today saw the release of iOS 7 beta 4, and the change log for the new beta release has a couple interesting additions, including possible confirmation that there will be a fingerprint scanner on a new Apple product...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
10. AnTuTu (Posts: 1353; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Innovation, pure innovation hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
22. HouTexan (Posts: 386; Member since: 08 Jan 2012)
He says stuff like this just to stir the pot. It's easy to see that by his posts.
13. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7040; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
It's not pure innovation it already have been done. They just purchase the company that invented the finger sensor. My old Atrix had it.
42. rgxVOiD (Posts: 440; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
36. letgomyeggroll (Posts: 138; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
Innovation???!!!! Finger print reading has been around for years. It does not take much to to make it work with portable devices which have been in use for years!! Public safety been using on their portable devices. Not many end user don't care to use it, and that is why a lot of manufacture don't care to put in their devices.
And other thing is that it will issues, unless you're planning to wipe that button every time you done using reader. "Oh yeah you were past out drunk I just unlock your phone by holding your thumb to the reader". YEP, that's great for portable devices.
Again...Apple brings up old innovations to make it their new innovation!
37. Commentator (Posts: 2918; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
2. omarr (banned) (Posts: 149; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
Then they said , Apple can't innovate anymore .
3. omarr (banned) (Posts: 149; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
I am waiting for Motorola Atrix comments
4. wando77 (Posts: 573; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
They cant....This has been done before on a Motorola android phone
7. darkkjedii (Posts: 15653; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Innovation could also have to do with how it's implemented too
9. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 6785; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I agree. I can't wait to see the creative ideas apple has for the new scanner.
11. AnTuTu (Posts: 1353; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
I agree. I can't wait to see the creative ideas apple has for the new scanner ---> hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
49. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7040; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Polly wants a Apple? I mean cracker?
50. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7040; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Polly wants a Apple? I mean cracker?
51. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7040; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Polly wants a Apple? I mean cracker?
59. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7040; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Sorry bout my three comments lost my signal again and it pop up into three saying error on the page
15. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4184; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Apple hasn't really been that "creative" for the past few years. They've typically stuck to simplicity and ease of operation. But, after the iOS 7 announcement, I have hope that they'll make some nice features with this fingerprint scanner. If they just use it as another means of security like the Atrix did I'll be disappointed.
20. promise7 (Posts: 576; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
I have no faith in Apple without Steve Jobs. He was at the forefront of creativity and innovation. Android is spreading so fast there's nothing Apple can do. The only chance they had was with Jobs, Tim Cook can not steer that ship.
The first new hardware design they have after Jobs passed away and they come up with a trash can design for their Mac Pro.
25. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Cook (and Balmer) continually show IS IMPOSSIBLE to replace Jobs and Gates. Cook is lost, no creatively, caving to pressure to gain market share (plastic cheap iPhones anyone?!) Apple has NEVER been about market share...
At least under Jobs we knew Apple was Apple and stood for something that wasn't a cheap, multi colored, plastic iphone 5ssssss with a candy coated pastel colored, non skeumorphic iOS
45. TruPatriot (Posts: 96; Member since: 27 May 2013)
Apple didn't stand for crap, except for being over priced.
52. Ballua (Posts: 16; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Do not compare Cook to Balmer. Cook will be even more successful than Steve did. iP5 and the Mini are Cook's era and they are fantastic devices. Meanwhile the IP5 is the best iP of all time, the Mini is giving its body form factor to the long time no change iPad. I believe when the engineer do the lead in a tech company, if that guy has good leadership, he will definitely lead best. Behind Apple, there is a board of directors filled with brilliant people and I also believe they have a good reason behind to choose and pay huge for Cook as their ship's pilot. From my point of view, Apple is getting more true engineering than ever! Let's see!
60. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
wow, ballua you are dullua-sional. First off, it is a rare human being to achieve Jobs and Gates level of success. Cook is just a dude who was picked to replace a legend. Much like Balmer. iP5 and Mini are fantastic devices? lol, iP5 is a iP4 weirdly longer that DOES ENABLE A WHOLE EXTRA ROW OF ICONS! and the Mini is a absolute disgrace with that industry low and totally embarrassing 1024x768 res, proving apple just threw it out to try and stop the market share hemmoraging.
Apple is demonstrating fear and uncertainty. Everything that made Apple a great brand is being DE-COOKED and Apple soon will NOT be associated with quality but just a another product that's cheap with severely limited options and features. Being that I am appleDOESNT I am loving the fall of Apple.
You can't look through the NARROW vision of Apple's eye and not see their pastel, flat, limited true colors
71. quakan (Posts: 1285; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
I think too much credit is given to Steve Jobs with creativity and innovation. That primarily belongs to the designers and engineers at Apple, but since Steve was the CEO and face of the company he gets all the public accolades.
21. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
yep! 'touch to unlock' wow, good stuff :/ I'd rather have a scanner on the screen than a ugly fat fingered home button!
23. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Android going onscreen buttons (eventually) means some day edge to edge Android phones are possible. Onscreen fingerprint touch to unlock seems obvious too. Fat home buttons with scanners seems archaic by comparison IMO
38. Commentator (Posts: 2918; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
It'd be pretty cool to have multiple user accounts that could be switched with the touch of a finger, or user preferences that could be switched between depending on which finger is used. I mean, the same thing could be done through a touchscreen menu... but even so.
5. scott5626 (Posts: 49; Member since: 01 Sep 2009)
I just hope it's a considerably better implementation of fingerprint scanners found in laptops.
43. TruPatriot (Posts: 96; Member since: 27 May 2013)
My laptop fingerprint scanner is awesome. I would love my phone to have one.
6. raphael007 (Posts: 43; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
wow, wow, the iscanner, the new apple iphone, straight from the farm, no fertilizer added, you could use your finger, just like nature intended.
12. jahboh (Posts: 2; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
get ready to iPay! using iScan..could this be iSafe? iMagine! iLoL:
18. Jimstar (Posts: 259; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
I was hoping against hope that the new Droids would have a fingerprint scanner, and then one comes to the iPhone. Ain't that some sh#t!
26. darkvadervip (Posts: 365; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
Some people just gate on anything. If you ain't buying it stop tripping!
27. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Release a damn phone with at least 4.3-4.5 in. Then I would be all over that phone
28. 1113douglas (Posts: 193; Member since: 04 Jul 2013)
Wow, its abt time apple does something new, but i dont think a finger scanner is going to persuade android users to switch. Sorry
33. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
Oh ...come on !!! as if Android users are going to loose their Freedom & start living in a caged iGarden .....No one can stop Android now.....in a Few years this iCraps will be DeaD..eventually no one would even care abt an iDevice any more (in the distant future)..Apples WOW factor is gone & their Premium brand name (iPhone 5C)...
39. darkkjedii (Posts: 15653; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You're the best analyst/psychic on earth dude
61. FISTFLY (Posts: 27; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
How can you say that? Are you an analyst or just a blind fanboy?
29. 1yoyo105 (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 Jul 2013)
This is not confirmation of it being on the 5s at all. It's just proof that they've started implementation of the UI for it on the beta. The leaked 5s home button part shows no signs of a biometric scanner. That's not to say it won't be on the 5s, but it's not really safe to assume it will be either.
30. 1113douglas (Posts: 193; Member since: 04 Jul 2013)
Its only just missing abt 20 of the newest features on android, that are all better!
31. rdemon (Posts: 46; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
This is a joke. People are morons if they are going to leave there iPhone 5 for a 5s just because it has a fingerprint scanner on the home button. Yea nice investment.
32. 1113douglas (Posts: 193; Member since: 04 Jul 2013)
nobody cares. The galaxy s4 is 3x the package as the the iphone 5s for the same price.
34. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
Nope its more than that .....I am in love with S4 .....
35. PK1983 (Posts: 215; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
They might add it as an accessory, something that needs to be plugged into the phones lightning port. That way they can charge the customer another $50-100 for an iproduct.
40. thiscantbereal (Posts: 5; Member since: 29 Jul 2013)
you people really need to get out, get laid, get a job, get drunk...do something else then to come on here and debate on who has better innovations or what phone is better or faster or clearer. WHO CARES!!!! I am now just as much as a loser or like people say in some of the comments above "looser", wait I'm sorry let me add another to the first line "get educated" but anyway like I was saying, I am now just as much of a loser for making an account to say this. Unbelievable
41. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
I had a biometric scanner on my old wm6.5 LG expo.
I hated it, people forget our prints change just enough with moist skin or overly dry to mess scanner up an not recognize you.
As well, it ate battery an had a foil layer that would wear away for some people of the forum for that phone.
I see nothing but trouble.
48. Ballua (Posts: 16; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Hey buddy, you know what?! Before the iPhone, when talking about touch screen phones, people just scream their ass out that the touch sensitivity and accuracy is horrible, bla,bla..., When the iP came out, everything goes touch screen. Man, When APPLE do it, they do it just right! don't blame their works untill you get one on hands.
54. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
I call it as I see it, no law against that, is there?
Don't get your frillys out of shape, time will tell and not I or you, its just my suspicion.
62. FISTFLY (Posts: 27; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Just hope they can implement it better. I'm sure they consider the cons of having such feature and minimize the problems like what you said.
66. shuaibhere (Posts: 1933; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Cab you apply the same statement to apple maps huh....those days are gone dude....