iPhone 5S and Samsung Galaxy S4 are the only smartphones in Google's top 10 2013 trending searches
As it turns out, people have searched more for the iPhone 5S rather than the Galaxy S4. Apple’s latest high-end handset sits at the third place in top, while Samsung’s flagship is ranked eighth. The only other gadget that’s made it into top 10 is Sony’s PlayStation 4 console, which is trailing the S4 on the ninth place.
Technology aside, the rest of Google's top 10 global trending searches for 2013 has both sad and bright parts. The first two places belong to people who have passed away recently: Nelson Mandela, former South African president, Nobel Peace Prize winner and social activist, and Paul Walker, the actor who gained international fame thanks to his role in the Fast and the Furious series.
source: Official Google Blog
2. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Anyways, I was deciding on downsizing to the iPhone 5S to try something new. Maybe next month.
8. xq10xa (Posts: 149; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
I got a Moto X on one of those deals for Cybermonday. The $150 off code. I like the phone. It's small like an iPhone 5S and I like the touchless features. I don't think it's better than my HTC One.....but definitely a great phone. Trade me for that Note 3! Ha!
11. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I'm keeping my Note 3 and probably might buy a 5S 32GB Champaign Gold as my secondary phone. Financially I'm stable, so I don't see why not.
14. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Wow, a Note 3 as your primary phone and an iPhone 5s as your secondary phone! You must be a rich college student.
20. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Lol I wish. I just know how to earn/save money. Working 45 hours a week definitely helps.
33. deewinc (Posts: 191; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Speaking of rich college students....might have a look at this ;-)
27. darkkjedii (Posts: 12624; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude if u got the doe, go for it. That's why I rock a 5S and note 2. Do u bro. +1
23. COZMAN (Posts: 99; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
Moto X blows the IPHONE away. More fun, amazing sound quality and performance and you are not hostage to APPLE.by having to pay for everything. I had an HTC ONE. Couldn't get used to it. Three days and it was SOLD.
Loved the look of it and the speakers were nice.
24. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I'd actually prefer the iPhone 5S over the Moto X. Just my preference.
25. ihavenoname (Posts: 1521; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Fighting over iOS and Android is useless, it will never end and there will be no winners. iOS has it's fans and so does Android. Android is not best and so is not iOS (or WP or BB10 or sailfish).
26. Sauce (unregistered)
You are hostage to fanboy hatred. I have no paid for anything except my phone and phone plan. A few really awesome apps here and there, but nothing more. Idk what you're talking about lol.
29. darkkjedii (Posts: 12624; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Well said. Smurf should get what he wants. +1
30. JunitoNH (Posts: 985; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
I value your opinion, but I guess users experience is different. I have a gold iPhone 5S, 4, Galaxy Nexus, LG L9 and the Moto X. Moto X is a good device. However, it does not blow the iPhone out of the water, as you claim, and sales prove that. iPhone's, more apps, better camera, better speakers, better display, LTE faster, lag/stutter free, especially during gaming,built quality, and better battery life. Moto X, customization, and guest more durable.
13. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I got my best friend a iPhone 5S last week. I couldn't stand how small the screen was, but I'm sure I'll get used to it sooner or later. Using my Note 3 after I set everything up with iCloud felt huge again lol.
17. Finalflash (Posts: 1903; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
It will be tough initially, you'll miss all the keys while typing and what not because of the smaller screen and your own muscle memory from larger phones. But it usually cleans up after a few days of practice unless you use your note 3 as well at the same time, then it'll be a constant struggle lol.
3. Rajanvir (Posts: 42; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)
i think 5 & S words combine and make a blast
interchange can happen
9. nasznjoka (Posts: 360; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
Okay we heard. They deserve cause they are running on the best mobile operating systems for this century. F@@k windows
12. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
No, they deserve it because they're the best on the market (replace S4 with Note 3 though).
15. Gaurav008 (Posts: 283; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
My opinion, Galaxy S4 < Iphone 5S. Just my personal behaviour.
And Galaxy Note 3 >>> Iphone 5S. Wayyyy better.
21. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Which is what I was saying. Note 3 then the iPhone 5S. Nothing else on the market can touch the two - not even the Nexus 5.
18. TerryCrowley (Posts: 184; Member since: 31 Jul 2011)
Here's a trending topic for PhoneArena: My ass.
19. COZMAN (Posts: 99; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
They are likely correct. I asked What is better than an IPHONE 5S 5? What is better than a GALAXY S4? That is why they would be in there. Because people want something new and exciting, innovative. This article is yet more propaganda. Both of those questions gave me answers so i bought a G2, MOTO X and NEXUS 5.
28. Desmund (Posts: 74; Member since: 01 Nov 2012)
All better choices than Note 3, S4 and Iphone 5S.
22. androiphone20 (Posts: 1521; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
Best phones 2013, but I got the moto X from my gf it's been a week now... and I think I'll play with stock android for a while now
31. applesucker (Posts: 81; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
iphone 5s is better than the S4 but ABSOLUTELY NO MATCH for the note3