iPhone 5S and 5C preorders to start September 13th, release date set for September 20th
0. phoneArena 10 Sep 2013, 13:18 posted on
Apple is just wrapping up its announcement of the new iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 642; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Meh! No thanks my iPhone 5 it's still good. Worse than Samsung.
4. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3742; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Yeah this is VERY underwhelming. I too would wait for the iPhone 6. The 5S just seems VERY, VERY dry.
15. Caralho (Posts: 119; Member since: 18 Jun 2012)
iPhones have turned being an industrial puppet into a status symbol like never before! With top of the line DRM laden software, catchy new licensing fees, awesome proprietary software with restrictions and limitations abound! Get the latest iPhone for $99, guaranteed to have been produced in China for $8 for a batch of 1000, with the average factory worker suicide rate only 9 per fiscal quarter, it's a steal!*
*Apple does not confirm nor deny the rumors of thousands of deaths every two years from industrial toxins being leaked into the groundwater
18. PAPINYC (Posts: 2177; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
I agree, this announcement is dryer than Kim KardashaTunnel after a long weekend of traffic.
28. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3742; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I just can't get over the design. Apple iPhone 4, then 4S, then the longer/taller iPhone 5, & now the iPhone 5S & the glossy plastic everyone on Apple's side hates the 5C.
Wan't that what made the Galaxy S line ugly in the eye of Apple fans?!?
Man I tell you...
29. E.N. (Posts: 2224; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Didn't you say you were going to stay clear from phonearena today to avoid all the iPhone news? Haha, just couldn't stay away
33. quakan (Posts: 1138; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Well I think the assumption is that most consumers upgrade every two years when their contract ends so this is definitely a big upgrade from the 4S, not so much with the 5.
39. JojoGo101 (Posts: 211; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
The iPhone 5C was DISAPPOINTING. The people in the USA will consider the $100 price difference on contract but for other people in different countries, the no-contract price is ridiculous.
2. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 642; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
This is what gimmicky is all about. Nothing really that useful to make me upgrade to iPhone 5S
5. TechDork (Posts: 205; Member since: 10 May 2010)
Not even the fingerprint scanner? I think that's pretty cool. I mean, just that....and maybe the faster A7 chip, but it's not like the A6 is slow either.
12. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 642; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Nope, my iPhone 5 it's fast, I'm happy with the speed thank you, I'm just disappointed that's all. Same difference
16. TechDork (Posts: 205; Member since: 10 May 2010)
I understand your point. I'm sure you, me & a lot of other iPhone 5 users feel agree that we're fine with what we have haha. Well, here's to a better iPhone 6.....
11. good2great (Posts: 1039; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
funny you didn't make this statement in the Note 3 release... the term "GIMMIC" never slipped across your keyboard. that phablet is full of gimmicky features.
but i can agree with you on your first comment... i wont be upgrading from my 5 either. i'm waiting on the iPad 5... as SAE mentioned the 5S isn't too faster to force us to upgrade.
it was a great event tho by reading the live blogs.
24. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 642; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
The difference between me and you or other ppl is that, I love iPhone and I don't see no need to make a fool of myself and bash Samsung, I only comment for something that will make a difference in my life, me calling Note a gimmick phone won't magically bring those features to my iPhone. Jealously is not my thing. There are people that love those gimmick features, I don't like this one from iPhone, just my opinion. I speak for myself not everybody.
31. good2great (Posts: 1039; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
theres no difference between me and you... there is NO comment from me bashing any product on here... only expressing what I like and commenting to people who seem to contradict themselves. (not saying that you are... but i respect that you answered me and i understand why you do what you do)
3. hateftotti (Posts: 134; Member since: 03 May 2011)
I will be wondered if anybody goes for these 2 iCraps.
Other companies offers tons of new feature but apple products are still the same
8. Ninetysix (Posts: 1348; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
These phones will beat the sales of all HTC, Sony, & LG phones...combined.
6. improv (Posts: 95; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
It's only $100 cheaper for a 5C on-contract AND off-contract... kind of a let-down
9. theoak (Posts: 320; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile are now the same model!!!
Hence, purchase and unlocked model Model A1533 (5S) ... and you can now change between carriers.
This is HUGE!
(Sprint still has a separate model number).
20. theoak (Posts: 320; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
I was wrong ... there is a 1533 GSM and a 1533 CDMA.
10. darkkjedii (Posts: 10079; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Hate I can't get a 128, will be getting the gold 64. Good work Cook.
13. good2great (Posts: 1039; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
i thought about you when i seen the price chart bro. nevertheless the did a great job with the 5S enjoy it man... i'll wait for the 6.
i'm more interested in iOS 7 the iPad 5 and Mavericks for MacOS
43. darkkjedii (Posts: 10079; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
AT&T told me I have to pay full price, so I may wait a bit, or check Craigslist. Even if I sell my 64 gig ip5 for $420, I'm still adding $500. If the new burst mode comes to the 5, I'm waiting too.
32. quakan (Posts: 1138; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
I think the gold looks best but it just feels feminine to me. The black 5S looks the worst, but I guess having a \"space gray\" aluminum color eliminates the scuffgate that the black 5 had. I\'ll probably end up going for the white/silver.
42. Baseballer (Posts: 131; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
I agree. I liked the gold, but it was just too feminine looking on the back.
14. _Bone_ (Posts: 2103; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Fingerprint unlock idea is good, execution however may be problematic in actual use. Say you need your right index finger for touch unlock, but how often do you find it too greasy/dirty/holding a bag/whatever so you use a different hand, finger or your thumbnail or gloves to unlock the device, I do and quite often. To always have a clean right index finger available to unlock your device when an unlock pattern should do the trick with many other ways is just too much pain.
It's a gimmick like some of these S-features on Samsngs.
17. jaxson983 (Posts: 38; Member since: 11 Aug 2013)
Its something they copied from Motorola, they had that feature 2 or 3 years ago the Atrix I believe.
25. xtian1103 (Posts: 352; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
i'm not sure how accurate that fingerprint scanner way back. and it didn't really took off did it? the key for apple is accuracy and how they do it better, if not then it's a flop
34. quakan (Posts: 1138; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
The difference is that the 5S will have a better execution of this technology and will have many more people using it. Fingerprint technology on phones will become the new standard because of Apple. All future iPhones will include this feature and it will further the growth of the incorporation of this technology into many different applications for security.
22. TechDork (Posts: 205; Member since: 10 May 2010)
I agree with you. I mean, it is a cool feature to have. Sometimes if my fingers are greasy or what have it, I'll unlock my phone with my knuckle at times, so I guess it's a win-lose-lose feature haha. Win for having a secure way to lock/unlock your phone. Lose if your fingers are dirty. Lose because someone else can't unlock it for you at that moment lol.
30. E.N. (Posts: 2224; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
I'll bet you'll be able to unlock with a password if the sensor doesn't recognize touch
40. TechDork (Posts: 205; Member since: 10 May 2010)
Lol hahaha! It's just a matter of time before that sensor gets faulty eh? I never lock my phone anyway, since it goes wherever I go & I never let anyone use it without my permission O_O
41. E.N. (Posts: 2224; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Why not use the fingerprint sensor if it works super fast? I don\'t see how it could hurt.
19. jaxson983 (Posts: 38; Member since: 11 Aug 2013)
If you have Apple stock...leave this site now...go to etrade or whatever. I've never seen stock drop like this after a new product announcement.
21. xtian1103 (Posts: 352; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
i think i will go with 5s unlocked if i have extra to cash out. a nice sidekick to my (future phone) xperia z1.
23. robocopvn (Posts: 175; Member since: 10 Mar 2010)
how funny Apple use 5C to replace 5 (even to reduce cost with cheaper material but trying to grab the spot of the original Iphone5, means more profit for them haha )
26. KashAli (Posts: 105; Member since: 01 Apr 2013)
Regret buying iPhone 4S. Battery was rubbish always lasts 3 hours now got Galaxy S4... Just Great. Apple too greedy always seeking money and iPhone never contains enough features they always leave some features out for next iPhone.
27. Sauce (unregistered)
Can I get this phone CONTRACT FREE with Verizon? (Not T-mobile or any other provider.)
35. ammarnadim93 (Posts: 13; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
Still no luck with NFC :/
why apple why ?
37. yazbuh (Posts: 26; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
if you wan\'t cheaper iphone buy the iphone 5, not that plastic iphone 5c, iphone 5s feature are quite dry actually... Comparing it to note 2 to note 3 upgrades (larger 1080p screen, largerer screen to a bit smaller size than note 2, faster processor, and some funny s features, Barometer, Temperature & Humidity Sensor, and Hall Sensor) the iphone 5s upgrade looks like blant, this disappoint me form apple, i was expective for an upgrade, maybe i\'ll keep the $500 for a hot girl or another device... (a new look might have force mo to buy one)
38. SellPhones82 (Posts: 472; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
So what are all the carries doing with the massive stock of 4, 4S, and 5? I heard the 5 is being discontinued and the 4S will now be the "free" iPhone. Why would someone want the 5C over the 5?