iPhone 5 shortage caused by laborious new thinner in-cell display technology
0. phoneArena 25 Sep 2012, 06:50 posted on
If you go on the online Apple Store now and try to order an iPhone you’d have to settle for a 3 to 4 week waiting period…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. prakesh (Posts: 92; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
samsung admit they recall all pebble blue due to poor quality of batt cover. thats why having delay the shippment of all pre-order pebble blue.p
why apple cant?!
out in the box dents
leak light in dark place
very phrone to scratch aluminum back?
3. hung2900 (Posts: 683; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Oh I thought that sending back iDented/iChiped/iScratched iPhones is the culprit of shortage.
4. StephenGalop (Posts: 52; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Both are :) along with flawed iOS 6 maps that get every iPhone user lost in the oblivion.
5. andro. (Posts: 1926; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
This is nothing new,every year there is iphone "shortages",the new phone launches,sells out,is out of stock for a month,comes back in stock in limited numbers then is out of stock again for nearly another month and so on repeatedly. By the time ifans alot of ifans manage to get one the next one is only about 6 months away from launch and the apple 'next iphone is gonna have everything thecurrent failed to deliver" rumours are in full swing in order to get ifans drooling and frantically saving cash again. Its like some sort of a apple funfair ride that keeps ifans stuck in an endless cycle and never lets them off
10. frydaexiii (Posts: 1144; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
lol, So they have trouble doing what Samsung has been doing for years now? Typical
11. AppleHateBoy (Posts: 326; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
At least iPhone 5's display is calibrated properly. That's my only complaint about Super AMOLEDs.
12. WilliamJE (Posts: 5; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
I figured it was because of all the FOXCONN Kung-Fu parties as of late...
14. Jobes (Posts: 364; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
For some reason when I heard about the Foxconn brawl.... I had a mental image of the movie Kung Fu Hustle.. poor people in a run down apartment fighting suits.
13. AppleHateBoy (Posts: 326; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
Well. Why not make the Cover Glass(Gorrila or whatever) in-cell too? That will make it even more thinner. And expensive too.
15. yajia1 (Posts: 103; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
This has happenned before, and will continue to happen in the future. I work for AT&T, processing preorders and orders-through-phone. This 6th gen iphone is by far the hardest thing that ever happenned to our lives (the agents). >.