iPhone 5: review of specifications
0. phoneArena 12 Sep 2012, 17:18 posted on
So, it's finally here, the new iPhone! Sorry, we meant the iPhone 5! You've ready all our news about the handset (probably a rather time-consuming thing to do), you already know that Apple has not only improved the design of its handset, but also the hardware found under the hood...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. jaoowolabi (Posts: 201; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
lol different design sure PA, sure.... (:
32. Angkor (Posts: 108; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Who will be the first in line for iPhone 5 raise your hand and take 2 weeks vacation in front of Apple Store.
48. MeoCao (unregistered)
Interesting how Apple stock performs?
58. dr_fajardo12 (Posts: 118; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
is this a joke? apple did it again D:
same Sh.t, same designs, How many cpu's?...
68. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Number of cpu's doesn't matter.
Just like the Tegra and the S4, number doesn't matter.
With Apple fine tuning the system to work with the processor, it is even better than a regular powerful chip. This is why it wasn't even necessary to have dual core an a WP7 device. The performance on those were pretty impressive when looking at the specs.
Compare the iPhone 4 to any single core, 1GHZ android phone. iPhone wins, you can't argue that.
Now with android getting the higher spec phones, apple can still stay on about the same pace in speed even though the specs may seem worse.
Either way, I'm a proud Droid Razr Maxx owner, and wouldn't even get this new iPhone to replace it.
74. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
well sure.. if you dumbed down android to a non multitasking icon only system with very limited functionality, it would run great on small horsepower too. Thats like trying to make fun of a F150 4x4 supercab for not getting the gas mileage of a prius, even though you can do a hell of a lot more with the F150.
80. sadaivadai (Posts: 156; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
"if you dumbed down android to a non multitasking icon only system with very limited functionality"
But can you do it ?? No ..
85. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
wow, that is possibly one of the dumbest comebacks ever.
87. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
and again, please enlighten me what's the use of the ultra mega fast cpu, may it be a Cortex A15 ARM processor that beats quad cores nowadays, to a phone with ultra light and simple OS that can't even support a livewallpaper? Hmm.
Again, we don't need to upgrade cpus almost every year if a device doesn't need it.
True, the highest end of android devices these days use quadcore cpus, but the thing is they need it.
Iphone don't need this kind of CPU, have you seen 4 and 4s? In terms of performance, they don't differ.
I would be happier if the GPU is upgraded together with the ram. But the CPU itself? Nahh.
90. saiki4116 (Posts: 388; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
but can it do all the things they do...and what about price...definitely if you compare performence to price ,iphone cannot beat many phones...
63. Nookie4u (Posts: 133; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
yeah, just a little more than a remake. Would've been much better if it looked like the new iPod Touch. but anyway, all the leaks were killing the hype nowadays.
75. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
it is different design. different materials,
THEY EVEN SAID IT WASN'T DRASTICALLY ALTERED
but at the end of the day, as long as it is different than the 4s' design then it is a "new" design(technically)
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
Stop squeezing your phone now fandroid... No matter how hard you try... Your phone will never be as 7.6mm slim as iPhone :)
4. Fallout09 (Posts: 421; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Yeah the only reason why Apple feels the need to suck in that wasteline is because BUMPERS are the only customsation that iPhone users get to do. And if you really think about it, all Apple really did was remove the back glass from the 4 and 4s to reduce the size.
6. Lawliet (Posts: 160; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
The Fujitsu ES IS12F will change your mind about that, it's 6.7 mm, so learn before you speak.
But really, why would you need it to be THAT thin?
43. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
DROID RAZR MAXX HD is even better looking than the iP5
76. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
I think the coolest looking phone ever made was the DROID RAZR, but that's just my opinion. I wish Moto designed the RAZR HD's back the same way as the RAZR's, I actually like the hump.
11. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
wendy must be bi polar as she was so effortly defendin samsung during the trial now she has an apple logo and everything :( really wendy? really?
13. StreetNerd (Posts: 819; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
OPPO Finder 6.65mm thick :')
ignorance is bliss, go buy the new iphone :') #fail
92. jacko1977 (Posts: 428; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
17. wendygarett (unregistered)
Lol so many defender eh... Too bad all of your mentioned not your current phone :)
Keep squeezing ya :D
24. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
jesus wendy you are indeed a band wagoner and not to be taken serious anymore.......keep switching side ya, you might end back up on the right one
37. wendygarett (unregistered)
If you didn't like the iPhone before, the iPhone 5 isn't going to do anything to change your mind, but if you like the iPhone, this is a solid upgrade to keep you happy.
That's what Ray.s says :D
45. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
what the hell are you talking about wendy???
25. jan25 (Posts: 470; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
too bad no body cares about thin profiled phones any more. we are moving on dude, big screened phones, big batteries, sheer power with an OS that actually takes advantage it.
28. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
HEY I USE THE HUAWEI ASCEND AND IT IS A SEXY PHONE
6.7MM! NUMBERS ARE NEVER WRONG
31. Synack (Posts: 677; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
Squeezing? The f**k are you talking about? There's at LEAST 5 phones that are thinner. Sorry to burst your Apple.