iPhone 5 release date set to be September 21?
0. phoneArena 24 Jul 2012, 08:27 posted on
As we're nearing the end of the Summer, the hype around the next iPhone seems to be getting bigger and bigger. We've already seen multiple rumors about the device's announcement and release dates, but no official info has been released yet. Today, we plan to continue this trend, with yet another rumor about a possible iPhone 5 release date...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
Must haves next iPhone....
1. Large Screen : The current screen is nice but the larger size, as seen on many Android are just amazing looking. 4" would be a sweet spot!
2. Redesigned iOS : I've seen the beta version of iOS 6 and it’s really not much different. The current iOS is getting very dated looking. It needs a complete overhaul
3. Improved notification system : One change in particular... ability to set different ring tones for my different email accounts.
4. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
OMG... am I turning into a Android user!!!!! Not saying its a bad thing =P
8. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
haha... yes you are my friend... you dont need an iPhone anymore bro... let the brand go and spend your cash on something that works for [you]...
(fist up) DroidPower
9. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Welcome... to the real world.
31. andro. (Posts: 1986; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
It must be like neo awakening from the matrix. Take the blue pill and you learn no more and believe whatever apple wants you to believe,take the red pill and you can finally see without the wool apple has pulled over your eyes for years!!
18. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
welcome to the other dark side? we have ice cream sandwich on the fridge and some fresh jelly beans :D
69. quakan (Posts: 1266; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Who puts ice cream in the fridge and who cares about the freshness of jellybeans? Those things take months to expire. :-p
28. andro. (Posts: 1986; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Lol,davecann2 you are turning maybe! But it could also be that you are seeing finally what apple should deliver each year but never does. The ios with the new iphone will be ios 6 without a doubt so expect few changes software wise. Hardware wise it looks like we are generally going to see an iphone 4$ again unfortunately except with a larger screen and slightly thinner. We can expect apple to have some marketing ploy thrown in to try make this iphone appear to ifans that its a huge improvement,so expect the likes the new bigger screen to be labelled 'resolutionary' or something like that again.
44. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
I think I always like Android. I just currently have an iPhone that... I do really like. I am by far an i$heep and I appreciate good technology and a good debate.
My expectations are never high for Apple products and I always feel like they make good stuff. I just need something different (not more). A refresh of the OS has been a long time coming and I really like the larger screens utilized by the competition.
56. DFranch (Posts: 150; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
How about "Now with Siri, but it actually works now!"
29. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4628; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Yes I have to agree with everyone. Wait for a sweet Android phone that runs Jelly Bean. There should be many that will come out before the iPhone 5 will.
Based on all that you just stated it might be the tonic you are looking for. The Samsung Galaxy S III will be getting Android Jelly Bean very, very soon.
It's a sweet looking phone & once you set your eyes on it's 720p 4.8" Retina quality Super AMOLED screen you will be hooked. It has plenty of RAW power & Jelly Bean is literally around the corner. That OS will be you complete overhaul you are looking for.
Android Jelly Bean & Android Ice Cream Sandwich in terms of performance are literally day & night.
+1 to everyone & davecann2
10. biophone (Posts: 1900; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
1. Most likely will have a larger screen.
2. I don't see how ios is "dated." the basic user interface in android/ios is the same. Both are just portals for apps except android has some apps open for your on the homescreen already. Ios will probably get widgets in the next ios. Either way if widgets are your idea of excitment you need to get out more!!!
3. Changing ringtones for email accounts can be done if jailbroken first of all. Might want to try that out. Second of all i would hardly call that a must have.
16. LostInTheRed (Posts: 85; Member since: 03 May 2012)
1. Pretty much been confirmed a 4" screen.
2. iOS has the same look and feel pretty much from the original. I can see how people feel this is dated. Android has gotten a new overhaul quite frequently, and the new 4.0 and 4.1 updates look amazing (and vastly different to the original). Also widgets add a lot of usability AND customability to the phone. Being excited for widgets on a phone is completely understandable. As for if iOS will adopt them into the OS is to be determined, because it's something Android is known for, and heaven forbid if Cook adds anything that's similar to Android (sarcasm).
3. To each their own. Having different tones for different functions is great. Especially if you do any business over the phone. You don't want an important email to come in and you think, "Oh, just a text. I don't need to look right now." Also, not all people want/know how to jailbreak an iPhone. Some people also like their manufacturer's warranty.
17. belatukadro (Posts: 11; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
2. Apple has shown no interest in updating the UI. None. I doubt they will ever have widgets, live icons, or true multitasking, because their user base simply doesn't care aobut those features. At least, until Apple thinks they should care, at which point they'll be revolutionary (at least, in iOS world they will be).
3. The same argument applies here as to Android root/rom: why should I have to modify my phone's software and void my warranty to gain basic functionality that I want? Google has been steadily increasing the feature set on their stock Android apps to include such user-desired features, so why hasn't Apple?
30. E.N. (Posts: 2532; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Most widgets are unnecessary and are used for customization/decoration. I've never found them to be terribly useful. All Apple needs is a good way to change wifi, Bluetooth, etc and they're golden. And I'm still not understanding this "true multitasking" thing. What kind of things can you do on "true multitasking" devices that you can't on iOS?
19. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
You don't understand how it's dated?
I was at breakfast a few months ago with my girlfriend's family. They all have iPhones (except for her, Galaxy Nexus ;P ).
Her dad got a text message from someone who wasn't in his contacts and wanted to add him to contacts. He couldn't do it from the messaging app.... I figured it was user error (and it still could be because I haven't used iOS in over 3 years) but I couldn't figure out how to do it either.
He could go in and copy and paste the number, go into contacts, create new, paste... blah blah blah. But on my phone, I long press and "add to contacts".
If that's not dated then I don't know what is...
27. E.N. (Posts: 2532; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
At the very top of a text conversation with a person not in your contacts, it says "Add to Contact." You guys both fail. I'm sure a six year old could figure it out.
46. darkkjedii (Posts: 14733; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Lmao exactly and features been there, and in the same spot since the first iPhone. What's funny is he tried to get in on bashing the iPhone with the other android users that hate apple, but made himself look stupid, and unknowledgeable in the process.what a dumbass.
50. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
For the record, did you read where I said "I figured it was user error (and it still could be because I haven't used iOS in over 3 years)"
That would be admitting that it very well could be USER ERROR (meaning me).
I wasn't trying to "bash the iPhone". I wasn't trying to "hate Apple" and the only person that looks stupid is you since your reading comprehension skills are clearly lacking significantly.
With that being said, I stand corrected on the subject of adding a contact from the Messaging app.
Feel better? :)
36. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
yeah dont know why you got a thumbs up from this dude... at the top of the message there's buttons that clearly let you call, face time, or add the contact...
not gonna call you an idiot or a failure but it is pretty simple...
47. darkkjedii (Posts: 14733; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I mean it's rite there top rite and in plain sight. He then says if that's not dated I don't know what is lmao. Man that's funny
55. poojaroy (Posts: 52; Member since: 29 Apr 2012)
next iphone will be a flop show again like previouse iphones again the same boring design crap...there should b a change we need change we dont want to pay n waste our money on the same basic desgn phone every year...i will not buy again the next iphone
57. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7005; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Apple doesn't even wanted a large screen. othe rphones have 4.6-4.7" STILL larger than the iPhone
5. biophone (Posts: 1900; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
I'm calling bs on this rumor.
Based on the rumors I say a middle october release.
My guess (based on rumors and past releases) is it will have a 4inch screen but not the leaked pics. Shoud have lte, nfc, 1 g of ram, S4 processor, huge battery, and a bit thicker. Iphone people will be psyched android people will trash it. it will also sell like stink and the fanboy wars live on. There you have it folks. O yea and if is the new iphone i'm getting one:)
15. belatukadro (Posts: 11; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
no to the S4 and huge battery. It will likely have an underclocked A5x or A6 proc, and the battery will be just large enough to match its current runtime with LTE factored in. Apple has found a formula that works, and has no reason to deviate until it stops selling (see: iPhone OS -> iOS6 UI updates. basically, it works, it sells, don't touch it.)
6. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
we dont care about the next iphone... apple are crooks... show some news about android innovation.
when is the release date of the galaxy note II ???
53. Jay_F (Posts: 236; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
You're an idiot. Don't click on articles to which you are simply going to troll.
60. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
i got 9 likes tho...
you mad bro? COME AT ME!
68. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7005; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Youre the idiot for supporting a company that wants to ban any company that will drop Apple's stock
7. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
I'm actually considering this as my new phone... IF IT'S AFFORDABLE.
13. belatukadro (Posts: 11; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
I'm sorry, but we're talking about Apple here, the kings of profit margins. They will price this version at the current 4S pricing, drop the 4S to the current 4 pricing, and the 4 to free, dropping the 3GS entirely. Their record over the years gives them absolutely positively no incentive to change that trend.
37. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
hahaha i can't believe this guys post was hidden because he said he is considering buying this phone...
and to think, my comment above him was straight sarcasm " s/! "
59. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
lol. people nowadays.
i was considering it. i need fresh air on phones. i'm also waiting on the WP pureview... i need to stay away from android for a while?
61. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
you've taken the route i have... i had to get away from android...
honestly its the best OS today... but this iPhone 4S is working out pretty good for me with the iPad 2 combo...
i'm really waiting on a high end widows phone 8 device and i'll be good...
72. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
actually I love Android. I don't think iOS is the way for me to go but you know, I really had to try new stuff. Either a JB Nexus, WP8 or the new iPhone just for a change of habit.
12. belatukadro (Posts: 11; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
Wait....so, the production samples pictured lately showing that this is NOT a complete redesign, more like a design evolution to incorporate certain features...those are completely smoke and mirrors, right?
14. wendygarett (unregistered)
Patent troll product?? No thanks...
22. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I am quite confused with people in here sometimes
24. MISTER_H (banned) (Posts: 97; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
Why? Who is confusing you....?
wendygarret is an iFan, but he or she Trolls on both
20. Tonivstono (Posts: 14; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
Sorry Apple babe....I already got an S3....:D
21. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7005; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
why bother posting a company that likes to ban the competition and you guys @ iphonearena like to also post injuntion articles
23. Fuego84 (Posts: 306; Member since: 13 May 2012)
I don't care for Apple or it's products but I feel disappointed for the consumers who prefer iPhones that the new iPhone will only have a 4inch screen because it's still l too small. Come on Apple all that profit revenue and you can't afford to give your customers a phone that can compete against the best androids out there. And yes a 4inch screen is small my first android was a 3.5inch screen phone running 1.5 cupcake and then I got screen envy and I worked hard to finally afford a 4inch Motorola Atrix and now a 4.3inch HTC One S but then my friend showed me his Sgs2 with a screen of 4.5 and I'm thinking of upping that with a n Sgs 3. Oh will this ever stop.
33. E.N. (Posts: 2532; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
It's not a race to see which manufacturer can make the biggest screen size and I think that's what a lot of you don't understand. The iPhone's screen size has gotten a little too small for me, but the SGIII's large screen and body size is one of the reasons why I returned it.
And you don't really have that many choices with Android either (as you guys like to think). If you want a flagship device, you're kinda forced to buy a huge phone. 3.5inches is really not great, but it's doable if the next iPhone is any good. I think 4 inches would be perfect for those that need a slightly bigger screen and a small phone. If you don't want that, buy a Note or SGIII
25. Jerry209 (Posts: 42; Member since: 17 Sep 2011)
Apple all the way cheap as Android fanboys step up your game iPhone is the best weapon of choice
58. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7005; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
and the iPhone fragile glass phone will always crack
26. wsucoug13 (Posts: 164; Member since: 04 May 2012)
I feel as though there really isn't that much "hype" around the iPhone5 if you follow phone technology. The hype comes from the people that buy phones without really knowing what they are getting. From what I have seen rumored, the iPhone5 isn't bringing a whole lot to the table. For technology sake, I hope the most anticipated phone of the year comes with it a lot harder than what the rumored specs and everything are. I have not been blown away by a new smartphone since the SGSII
32. sudbury78 (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
Once again ONLY. Android aliens comment on apple stories. Apple and it's fans win again.
39. hltechie (unregistered)
Agreed. I'm getting tired of seeing nothing but andriod users commenting and bashing on these articles.
35. Jerry209 (Posts: 42; Member since: 17 Sep 2011)
Apple all the way cheap as Android fanboys step up your game iPhone is the best weapon of choice
38. hltechie (unregistered)
Sounds like a possible release date however going on rumors isn't promising.
41. qwertypoor (Posts: 72; Member since: 09 Jun 2012)
Wow someone says jailbreak an iphone to get a feature you want then Android fanboy says "Some people also like their manufacturer's warranty." but most android users on here say root your phone to get rid of lag or to get custom rom's hmm thought I'd point that out
42. T12RYK (Posts: 98; Member since: 10 Jun 2011)
The iPhone 5 will decide whether I ditch Apple and go back to HTC or stick with Apple for another 2 years. A major deciding factor is going to be the screen, if its just longer than the current iPhones then no way I'm getting one.
51. mas11 (Posts: 1033; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
That's not the iPhone 5. The bezel is too thin and the phone is longer not wider.
54. shiftmobile (Posts: 10; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Did you ever consider that the supplier is being given a date to have a certain amount of the phone assembled by? If manufacturer is to have, for example, 10M units finished by Sept 21, it will probably take another month for them to be shipped to the States, clear customs and be distributed to retailers.
62. SonyFTW2020 (Posts: 308; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Droid incredible 4g lte with jelly bean and expanded battery to 2150 mAh (which you can get off of ebay right now).....that my friend is the what you are looking for, not the new iphone....
63. w2ymmike (Posts: 6; Member since: 07 Nov 2010)
Why do people even post on apple threads if they don't even like apple if ur a droid fan then post on droid threads everytime I read these it just turns into a bash session!!! I've had 3 droid phones and 4 iPhones and liked both iPhone is just more simple and in the end its just a phone they both do a hell of a lot more than what is expected iPhone in the end is a winner and the new iPhone looks sexy and I can't wait to get it!!
73. hltechie (unregistered)
I have used so many different mobile platforms over the years and I have to agree... these threads have become nothing but Android users bashing on Apple and iOS users... It's frankly very childish and has gotten really old.
64. w2ymmike (Posts: 6; Member since: 07 Nov 2010)
And for the love of Pete can we get a phonearena app for our phones it only makes sence to have a mobile app for a mobile website!!!!