iPhone 5 redesign apparently won't extend to SIM card tray
0. phoneArena 02 May 2012, 09:29 posted on
A leaked iPhone 5 component suggests the next Apple flagship device won't depart radically in appearance from the current models...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. andro. (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Expect apple to produce something slightly more than an incremental change but not by much. It will of course change everything again as we know it
20. sithman (banned) (Posts: 299; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
There's nothing in the horizon that will change everything, but u have to admit the OG iPhone did change the game. I think apple is driven by the competition, there's now a real need to step it up. I'm an iOS guy, but I must admit android is big time now. I think apple recognizes this as well, and will hit a homerun with the next iPhone. Not saying it will be better than the top android devices, but on par with what's on top.
23. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Having a discussion with andro is pointless. He trolls Apple articles daily
25. gp284 (Posts: 120; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Its funny because your the Apple opposite of Andro!
29. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Actually not true at all. I very rarely comment on android articles. I'm happy and secure with my phone choice unlike him.
31. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
no, he meant you are a pointless troll. And yea, we see you on android articles.
Amazing since we shouldnt be seeing you at all since you lost the bet. Funny how that worked out, eh?
41. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Funny how you choose to believe one analyst but not the other. That fits right in for you where you block out anything that doesn't fit your dogma.
43. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
i chose to believe 500 vs 1.
you chose to believe 1 vs 500.
tell me who blocks out what? lol
45. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
There's two major companies and one says Apple won. Deal with it.
47. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
48. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
55. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
gallito no one ever accused you of being smart. ;) btw I'm still waiting for you to re-email me.
taco they take from the same ssource.. so it's one source not 2... and you are the only person in the area that thinks that out of 3 or 4 numbers for sales ONLY the absolute lowest one that gives apple a slight advantage is the winner. you are pathetic.
57. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
it also gives a range of 33 million to 45 million SOLD for Samsung compared to apples 35 million SHIPPED.
the facts are not in your favor. give it up
65. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
remix i did email you.. u didnt respond... nto to may email.. and not to my draw something
66. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
awww the sworn enemies on this site playing draw something together... cute!
63. JeffdaBeat (unregistered)
What I find ridiculously funny is the fact that Apple topics get the most conversations...and Android topics don't. Check out the front page. For as much as people hat Apple, they sure as hell love commenting on it.
3. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
The iPhone 5 now with 4G Lte. This changes everything, except the 4G symbol in the upper left hand corner, that stays the same.
18. troybuilt (Posts: 155; Member since: 16 Dec 2011)
LOL! That's funny. You'll even have 4G while on a cruise. World 4G total coverage.
68. troybuilt (Posts: 155; Member since: 16 Dec 2011)
I heard Apple is releasing a software update for the iPhone 2G. It's going to start showing 4G service. LOL!
51. jcpwn2004 (Posts: 314; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)
lol maybe it will say 4g lte now in the corner!!
5. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
think regardless of how small or big of change the iphone 5 is,one thing for sure that it will sell in the millions..one thing apple have are tens of million loyal followers who will buy only apple products therefore regardless apple will be making billions weather its a update like the 4 or an update like the 4s.personally i think they will redesign the iphone but it will have similar design as the 4/4s but with more curves and i think a 3.7-3.9'' screen
8. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
The more the iPhone changes...
The more it stays the same.
Funny, but it reminds me of Blackberry.
9. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
uh come on fellas... a whole hoard of android angry mob on iphone rumors... no one crashed you guys' party with galaxy s3 rumors now....
not ONE comment above me is from an iphone user that really has something beneficial to add about this post... smh
13. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
As a matter of fact,I am in the industry and deal with the iPhone in all its variations on a daily level. The truth hurts...
16. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
and what truth is that. the iphone works for me and I am happy..
26. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
You're sad. That's the truth. G2great is exactly right. No one goes to troll android articles, but every Apple article is filled with the same group of trolls.
It shows you guys are insecure about your phone choice.
38. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Right, because we never see you or gallito or any of the other iTrolls on the SGS3 rumor articles or anywhere else... riiight.
can you ever be honest? is it even possible? i guess not, since with every post you prove how much of a honorless liar you are by not abiding by the bet.
56. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
so that means every one trolls then every major fandroid trolls apple articles.. you guys are no diferent then me
58. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
there is a difference. when not engaging the sheaple millitia I generally add constructive comments which is a rarity for you guys.
59. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
read the 1st 12 comments on this article . there is no constructive comments anywhere. on Apple articles.. so please point them out to me..
60. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
like all the itrolls go to android articles and say nice things
61. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
we just returned the favor.. we have manners you know...
10. joey18 (Posts: 587; Member since: 20 Jul 2010)
The iphone is getting old same interface i have 3 years w the iphone so if the iphone change i will get it if not my next phone will b the nexus 4
11. dcgore (Posts: 218; Member since: 24 Feb 2012)
I think it's time for iOS to look different. Not sure if my next phone will be an iphone anymore, growing tired of it.
22. theoak (Posts: 324; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
I'm all about a phone that works.
It is kind of like a car. My next car will still have the steering wheel on the left side, will still have four wheels, will still have doors. It is all about if it runs and gets good gas mileage.
Same thing with my phone, if it runs, and I get decent battery life out of it ... sign me up. Could care less really about the "engine" or phone OS, just so long as the engine is reliable. I'll take a boring reliable OS over a flashy (pun intended) OS that means I have to put gas in the thing every day.
53. Phullofphil (Posts: 801; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
If your that simple than why are you on these sites or care to coment. Me on the other hand I am on here because I want to see the best tech I can get on a phone than I want better and better after that. Right after I get my new phone I want to here rumors on the next great phone and the one after that. I want to see concepts of phones that will never happen. I think you are realy dumb or just trying too be cool. But your not being cool just ignorant. If you want a phone that just works there is the iPhone. I like the iPhone but besides just coming out once a year to impress (although greatly so up untill the 4s) so go get your first gen iPhone and shut up caus it just works while the rest of the people on here eagerly wait for what the iPhone 5 will look like and act like, or the next android or what happens when windows phone gets some balls
67. theoak (Posts: 324; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
I am not saying new is bad.
I am just tired of these "great" "mobile" phones with all of these bells and whistles that I have to keep plugged in all of the time. Hence the phone is no longer "mobile". I love "new" has much as the next guy ... I also expect "new" however to give me more bang for my buck without have to put in a battery the size of a tank in the thing.
Its like a new car. I'll take the same four wheels, same steering wheel ... sure I'll take an extra air bag, fancier radio if it has it ... but in the end what hits my wallet the most is the gas mileage.
I just have different expectations and standards.
15. frydaexiii (Posts: 1422; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
lol, if the frame looks like that...I can tell it's gonna be a iPhone 4SS lol
17. gallitoking (Posts: 4718; Member since: 17 May 2011)
as longs it works as smooth as it has it wil sell.. not a lot fo people have the time to custom anything.. we just want to work out of the box just like it has done it..
19. sithman (banned) (Posts: 299; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Well said. Force closes glitches and freeze ups r not for me. I have a 4S and a skyrocket gs2, and my 4S performs better plain and simple.
28. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
According to our resident fandroids the gsII never freezes or glitches up.
33. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
taco, dont mistake the SGS2 with exynos, with the fake american S3 toting versions. Big difference.
21. theoak (Posts: 324; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
My next phone will be about size and battery life.
I don't want a 4 inch plus phone. Something that fits in my pocket and not bulky.
Secondly, all of us have these "mobile" phones, but have to continually keep the things plugged in because the second we turn the screen on and the graphics chip(s) kick in, the battery loses 10% of its charge per minute.
Don't need LTE. It would be nice, but don't need it.
I'll take more pixels per inch, but again, don't need it. Not sure if the human eye could distinguish much higher really than the current iPhone.
Thinner would be nice, but again, if it is 4 inches or larger, it will still be just as bulky in my pocket.
27. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Well we know the iPhone won't be huge. Almost for sure it will have LTE and knowing Apple it will have good battery life.
34. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
why? the last 2 have horrible battery life compared to the competition.
35. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
They just did a review on PA where the iPhone came in about 3rd place to all the android phones. That would be called good battery life.
I have had the 4 and 4s and they both have excellent battery life.
Why do you feel the need to lie?
36. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
hey taco, want to link to that review again? It came in average in 1 test, nearly last on another, and it didnt even get listed on a third if i remember correctly because it scored so low.
39. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
3rd, 4th, and didnt even place it was so low.
tell me again about the iphone's stellar battery life.
40. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Yup just read the article and iPhone came in 4th on talk time at 7:41 hours. 2 phones it lost to we're the Maxx and Note which both have gigantic batteries
iPhone can in 3rd in web browsing at 6:56 hours. How exactly is that horrible?
46. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
the max and the note also have massive screens, LTE, multitask and a dozen other things the iphone doesnt do.
The only one that should be ignored is the Maxx since its specifically an extended battery.
you mean it came in ok on its basic mobile browser with no flash and a tiny screen vs a full browser with flash and a sea of large screens? how amazing is that!!
can you tell me where it placed in Talk time?
30. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
The comments about iOS staying the same ill respond to like this. It's understandable if you've been an iPhone user for a while and are ready to try something different. Branch out and check out android or Windows phone. To say Apple should change it is silly. Why would you change an elegant and iconic design that works so well. For every 1 person that complains its boring there would be 10 Apple users pissed that they switched stuff up. Not good for business.
32. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
i actually honestly hope there is a major change with this phone. It just needs to be.. freshened up quite a bit.
They should release 2 versions, an XL at 4/4.3 and the regular 3.7. The resolution doesnt have to change with such a small difference, but it will give more choice.
If its more of the same, individually it will sell quite well, but it will continue apple's market slide. It needs to be refreshed to push back against competition.
37. smallcolabear (Posts: 82; Member since: 18 Feb 2012)
I love my iphone and am excited to see what the 5 will look like if it is bigger in screen size awesome if it is blue or pink sweet the only thing I wish I had in the iPhone that I had in my Android was that it was completely customizable. I could have apps anywhere I placed them and they did not get sucked up to the top . Taht is my only criticism of the iPhone.