iPhone 5 pushes Apple to become world's second-largest LTE device maker, Samsung's lead narrows
0. phoneArena 11 Dec 2012, 08:13 posted on
Samsung retains its leading positions as LTE vendor, but for the first time around Apple has emerged as a strong runner-up, eating up 11% of Samsung’s share…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
Those two again... Kinda sick of them.
2. MixMaster (Posts: 18; Member since: 09 Nov 2012)
Yeah...I'm also sick of them both, black and white iphone 5's..
3. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
Dont forget grey: the color of both black and white iPhone 5's after a month of usage.
Well, let us quit trolling here.
4. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
That's GREAT for Apple but, how come they still need wiFi for everything; no sense in having LTE if you can't use it.
5. xfire99 (Posts: 856; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
It depends on what kind of LTE it talking about. LTE in US are 3G (up to 20-30Mbits) in Europe and LTE/4G in Europe are up to 80-100Mbits, do US have LTE speeds like this?
6. cripton805 (Posts: 1445; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
What are the big 3? I thought there were 4.
7. Immolate (Posts: 310; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)
Apple didn't take any of Samsung's LTE subscribers. Samsung continues to grow at a healthy pace. Apple simply replaced a big chunk of their 3g iPhones with 4g iPhones. The only market they're encroaching is their own.
I agree that it's a good sign for Apple that they managed to avoid being fully two years behind in LTE implementation. Screen is still tiny, but hey, not as tiny as it once was. If they keep this up, they'll run out of things to copy from Android... just kidding.
8. miladkhahil (Posts: 26; Member since: 08 Dec 2008)
This is one single iPhone ..... The iphone 5 alone got Apple to second place LTE ... I don't know if you guys out there understand the awesomeness of that ... I think you trolls don't know s**t ....
9. miladkhahil (Posts: 26; Member since: 08 Dec 2008)
This what you guys should've said :
APPLE HAS CAPTURED 26% OF GLOBAL LTE MARKET WITH JUST ONE LTE PHONE