iPhone 5 processor to be based on the quad-core Exynos 4, phones with Qualcomm quad-cores coming in Q4
0. phoneArena 05 Jul 2012, 02:45 posted on
The quad-core smartphone family will be extended in the fourth quarter, says Digitimes, on account of the new Apple iPhone, and Qualcomm's quad-core chipsets entering devices for the holiday shopping craze...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. sid07desai (Posts: 290; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Quad-core Snapdragon with LTE would be great.
21. mandkeee (Posts: 82; Member since: 27 Feb 2009)
yes....and I'm sure more people will buy iPhone 5...
most of my customers doesn't even try to get android 4G LTE....
and some of our customers already returned the devices .....
they said , android is garbage...
2. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
I see remixfa somewhere down there saying how awesome the exynos is and how crappy the snapdragon is compared with the exynos
10. Mitchel (Posts: 228; Member since: 25 May 2012)
Lol. Look how laggy the US Galaxy S3 variants compared to international version first then come back to me..
15. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
Its more of less the same .
I checked a Video by pocket now comparing directly the international with the USA version
29. ph00ny (Posts: 998; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Few others have noted various lags when compared against the international version on daily usage.
12. Hammerfest (Posts: 381; Member since: 12 May 2012)
So far from my own testing of devices with Exynos vs Crapdragon, Ill take the Exynos anyday over the Qualcomm offering...
Of course, this is from my OWN PERSONAL experiance using devices with similar specs but one with a Snapdragon and one with an Exynos, and Im not talking benchmarks either, im tallking daily use, gaming, videos, and some other every-day uses...
3. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
That would be way better than the 800 MHz Dual-Core processor in the 4S. Seriously what was Apple thinking, that thing should have been 1.2 GHz. At least they seem to have learned their lesson.
4. remtothemax (Posts: 255; Member since: 02 May 2012)
But why does it really matter?
I know tons of people who have the 4S and none of them have ever said anything about lag and slowdown
in the few times i have used their phones, i have never seen it either
I feel like this is only an issue if you are doing weird stuff like jailbreaking or running a million apps at the same time or something, although with the limited multi-tasking on ios that isn't even an issue
26. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Well why would they build the next iPhone with a quad-core processor if a dual-core works fine
5. E.N. (Posts: 2584; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
at the end of the day, it was just as fast. i think by now we should all be able to understand that performance is more important than numbers.
6. andro. (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
For games apple are doing the right thing by putting quad core albeit by the time it comes in October we will be hearing the news of next generation of chips to appear in android handset late 2012 early 2013. Beside the games the quad core might seem lost on an iphone as the ios is basically an grid app drawer launcher which basic set up needs only basic processing power
8. thunderising (Posts: 232; Member since: 25 Nov 2011)
What? This means iPhone 5 will be based on an ancient Cortex A9 design?
Fail. The qualcomm quad-core S4 will eat it for breakfast
11. Mitchel (Posts: 228; Member since: 25 May 2012)
Not really.. Don't mess with the King Exynos.. Wait for the Galaxy S4..
22. sithman (banned) (Posts: 299; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
What phones do u make, and what r their processors based on?
9. zhypher_23 (Posts: 195; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
Come On Samsung, put this chipset in the Galaxy Note 2! :DD
13. PackMan (Posts: 277; Member since: 09 Mar 2012)
Why? By that time Exynos series 5XXX with Mali series 6XX will already be ready.
14. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1496; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Actually I would be surprised if they use a quad core in the new iphone 5. With the limited multitasking the iPhone IOS has it's pretty much irrelevant to have 2 or 4 cores.
I would bet they are saving the quad core for their next iPad, not the iphone 5 and they'll use a modified version of the current A5 built in 32 nm (APL2498 anyone?) with some minor changes and a higher frequency allowed by the die size shrink.
Let's remember that Apple tends to do incremental changes every year. This year they'll change the screen but use the same processor.
That's at least my prediction. Apple would really surprise me with a Quad core!
16. Aeires (unregistered)
Processor made from a company that iFans want to be ran out of business, oh the irony.
17. Hammerfest (Posts: 381; Member since: 12 May 2012)
Samsung has a terrable plant malfunction seemingly only effecting the A6 production line... iRiots in every city...
18. phoenix19861 (Posts: 5; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
samsung galaxy s4
- Snapdragon S4 MSM8974 Quad Core
- Adreno 320
- 2GB Ram
- 12 mp 1080p camera
- 4.5 display
20. mandkeee (Posts: 82; Member since: 27 Feb 2009)
samsung = copycat....
plz....dont even trying to compare with iPhone.....
23. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
yes, don't even compare them... it's like comparing a toy to a computer... You'll just end up embarassing the iPhone, and frankly, it's been embarassed enough.
24. VladUK (Posts: 8; Member since: 24 May 2012)
and just add up...
since they will designed it for humans again I hope, new S4 also will make a coffee too :-p
27. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Yes because Samsung would totally make the SIV with a smaller screen.
28. ph00ny (Posts: 998; Member since: 26 May 2011)
ugh i hope not.
Exynos5 dual or quad with Mali T658 please
19. Suts_97 (Posts: 124; Member since: 05 May 2012)
Why are HTC phones named after clothes sizes like XL and XXL?
25. remtothemax (Posts: 255; Member since: 02 May 2012)
they are trying to fit in with american culture and not make obese people feel out of place