iPhone 5 pre-orders exceed 2 million in first 24 hours
0. phoneArena posted on 17 Sep 2012, 08:20
OK, folks, the official numbers are in, and it looks like it has been another record-shattering launch for Apple. The iPhone 5, which became available for pre-order on September 12, has been pre-ordered more than 2 million times during the first 24 hours...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
35. dr_fajardo12 posted on 17 Sep 2012, 09:24 10 15
i think that this numbers are fakes or apple themself are buying their own iphone. why?, if u see iphone5 is doubling the iphone 4s in everything (literally): the geekbenchmark iphone 4s: 800- iphone 5: 1600.... pre orders: iphone 4s: 1 millions - iphone 5: 2 millions.... to me its too exact. dont trust in that kind of coincidence
87. -box- posted on 17 Sep 2012, 16:44 1 0
Ooh, now that is something I hadn't considered... apple buying its own junk to overinflate its numbers... Wouldn't surprise me, but if some regulatory body found out it would be a bad day for apple
46. Apple_Royally_ (banned) posted on 17 Sep 2012, 09:54 9 9
No other than Apple yet once again has, can done it again....We are, the world is behind you Apple! We thanks Apple again!
90. Hemlocke posted on 17 Sep 2012, 20:09 1 0
That's 2 million just from Apple. The phone isn't even out yet, and I'm sure the total sales by next Monday will be in the 6-10 million range.
34. xoutrageousx posted on 17 Sep 2012, 09:17 8 3
I got mine pre ordered, will be shipped to my place on 9/21.
A lot of call of duty was played that night to stay up.
58. darkkjedii posted on 17 Sep 2012, 11:38 3 4
Lol my pre order date was the 28 so I decided to jus go to AT&T and line up
59. gallitoking posted on 17 Sep 2012, 11:42 6 4
I should get mine around the 28 as I just sold the iphone 4s to get this so I activated my Android while I get the i5
62. EclipseGSX posted on 17 Sep 2012, 12:46 5 2
hahahah! PATHETIC. Let me know if you see any "cute girls" pfffff BWAHAHAHA
65. paulyyd posted on 17 Sep 2012, 13:00 5 0
whoa, easy there bud. its just the internet. nice rice burner though, talking about that pos eclipse lolololol
73. EclipseGSX posted on 17 Sep 2012, 14:09 0 0
Says the guido... Have another drink in your lame ass club you lush.
71. darkkjedii posted on 17 Sep 2012, 13:52 0 0
I'm sure I will, but the cute girl I wanna see is the one I'm dating BWAHAHAHAHA THAT!!!
74. EclipseGSX posted on 17 Sep 2012, 14:09 0 0
Keep tellin yourself that "darkkjedii" LOL she probably weights 300lbs
69. Droid_X_Doug posted on 17 Sep 2012, 13:26 0 1
You may be disappointed. During the 4S release, inventory sent to stores was tight except for the high-end (64 Gb) units.
72. darkkjedii posted on 17 Sep 2012, 13:53 1 0
That's what I'm getting too. The 64's tend to sell last due to the expense.
85. darkkjedii posted on 17 Sep 2012, 16:18 0 0
Droid what's your next phone bro?
36. mandkeee posted on 17 Sep 2012, 09:25 12 7
yes.....iphone 5 is way much better qulity than any android phone ...especially G3.....they using cheap plastic ....
what a shame....
50. Ravail posted on 17 Sep 2012, 10:27 4 8
Lol at least the GS3's screen doesnt crack on the 1st drop.. Apple fanboy.
54. kirholstov posted on 17 Sep 2012, 10:51 4 1
57. Lift_Off posted on 17 Sep 2012, 11:28 5 2
Lol have you been watching the drop tests? The GS3 cracks easier than the iphone does hahaha
61. cfprelude posted on 17 Sep 2012, 12:33 1 0
sory - i have 3 iphones and 2 gsIIIs in our house and in real life thats just not the case. and really... if you drop your phone it should break. people need to stop dropping them. but sitting on iphones ive known many people to break front or back glass pieces easily. and i'm 220lbs and sat on my gsIII with no issue.
77. E.N. posted on 17 Sep 2012, 14:32 4 3
The GSIII breaks more easily than the iPhone.
4. dickwyn posted on 17 Sep 2012, 08:26 15 7
beating the S3's 20 million sales is going to be like so easy and this is just pre orders
21. parvsingh05 posted on 17 Sep 2012, 08:47 8 5
1st let dem beat 4s record, then they shud think bout the mighty iphone 5
28. jove39 posted on 17 Sep 2012, 08:54 8 1
May be iPhone5 will beat S3's 20mn sales...but then Android has more than one top end offerings...One X, S3, Note, GNex etc...sales are divided...but anyway...sales number doesn't really matter...GNexus is awesome device for $349 unlocked...but still lacks in sales...sales number can only define popularity...not greatness of phone!
37. dr_fajardo12 posted on 17 Sep 2012, 09:26 1 2
dont know how in hell the american is the first country in the world. to me must of them are so stupids. buying an iphone5 WHAT!! ??
5. wendygarett (limited) 3 days ago posted on 17 Sep 2012, 08:26 9 15
Of course it sold out well...
Take that android, for abandon the small inch screen market!!!
7. kshell1 posted on 17 Sep 2012, 08:30 4 8
It only sell that much because other than the ipad its quite literally the only ios device on the market. while android has hundreds and the sgs3 still single handedly outsold the iphone for 3 months.
17. shadowcell posted on 17 Sep 2012, 08:39 4 4
Quid pro quo. It's no feat the GSIII outsold the 4S. The 4S has been on the market for nearly a year.
Why is this always a competition on who sells the most? I look for Android to take on Apple's success and have each manufacturer design a better phone.
Ergo, the new Nexus smartphone.
18. kshell1 posted on 17 Sep 2012, 08:43 4 5
I just think its sad that after a year my sgs2 still outperforms the iphone4s just like the sgs3 does the i5
26. shadowcell posted on 17 Sep 2012, 08:50 2 0
Best to let sleeping dogs lie...
6. No_Nonsense posted on 17 Sep 2012, 08:28 5 1
This was expected considering the fact that some people waited for this rather going to the 4S.
8. darac posted on 17 Sep 2012, 08:32 2 10
So apple could sell maybe even 50 million handsets in the following three month period.
I predicted 45, but honestly I don't care.
Like I said, Apple can break his own records as much as they wish but they can't even dream about winning against android worldwide which is projected to sell 110 million in the last quarter.
44. JeffdaBeat posted on 17 Sep 2012, 09:39 10 10
Here's the thing, you can't fairly compare the sales of a single handset to the sell of all handsets carrying an operating system. iPhone vs. a single phone, yes. iOS vs. Android, yes. But iPhone vs. Android isn't a real comparison. It's the sale of hardware vs. the proliferation of software.
It's common knowledge that Android stomps iOS in market share. But that's also the case when you compare the iPhone's sales vs. that of another single handset.
53. good2great posted on 17 Sep 2012, 10:43 0 0
what's up JeffdaBeat... where have you been hiding???
60. Lift_Off posted on 17 Sep 2012, 11:58 1 1
I like how this guy got thumbed down even though he is completely correct!
63. EclipseGSX posted on 17 Sep 2012, 12:50 2 0
Fanboys don't like the harsh reality they can only win device to device. Same thing can be said about fandroids and iPhone record sales
80. E.N. posted on 17 Sep 2012, 14:39 0 1
Haha so true. After a while you learn that how many thumbs up or down you have really doesn't mean anything.
9. Gaytor posted on 17 Sep 2012, 08:32 4 11
Note2 should sell 50 million because its that good. The rest can do what they please.
10. xtian1103 posted on 17 Sep 2012, 08:32 4 2
some people just like the simple features of the iphone. while some wants the super phones offered by android and windows phone. it really doesn't take a genius to know that we all have different choices.
11. Evil_SaNz posted on 17 Sep 2012, 08:33 0 3
Go go ifans unleash your icrowd power. Waiting with popcorn the new iqueues!
George Orwell had to see this.
13. eisenbricher posted on 17 Sep 2012, 08:35 1 4
I don't hate apple, I'd prefer an iPhone anytime for anyone who is less concerned about technology, such as my sister or mom. Only bad thing is their profit margin!!! They LOOT you, why don't people understand?? It grabs 70% of market profit by selling a much smaller percentage of phones. The buyers are Victims, I couldn't care less for them.. Just that after looking at them I feel misery instad of envious feeling that I'd feel if someone buys Lumia or Galaxy.
14. speckledapple posted on 17 Sep 2012, 08:36 0 2
I think its the screen as Apple fans have been wanting a bigger screen for some time now. I will be interested in how those numbers translate on marketshare as I can imagine the change will not be as much considering their large user base. And especially if its just old users dropping down for the new phone.
42. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 17 Sep 2012, 09:38 0 0
I think it's all the screen. Most people don't care what level of iOS it is, or the processor speeds, it's the screen size that says it all.
Just wonder how many are going to be happy with bordered, 3.5" apps while they wait for the developers to push updates out. And what will happen for the people using the older 3.5" models when an app is updated to run on 4.0" screens?
81. E.N. posted on 17 Sep 2012, 14:41 0 0
It's not just old users, though. sorry
- its also android users (not only from low end), blackberry, and first time smartphone buyers.
15. ryq24 posted on 17 Sep 2012, 08:38 1 1
wow! that is awesome. but how long can it sustain this streak that is the bigger question. right now all those apple fans are the one pre ordering and standing on line. after that, will it be able to sell that much? having said that, i think the 4" screen is the biggest selling point!
16. VJo003 posted on 17 Sep 2012, 08:38 0 4
In life everyone makes decisions... And then they have to live with them.
Here are 2 million of them...
22. jove39 posted on 17 Sep 2012, 08:48 1 1
Wow...how people can "be so mad" or "love" a phone...hope all 2mn of them get some sort of satisfaction with this device...have fun with your new gadget :)
Yeah...I am a Android Fan :)
23. jshan posted on 17 Sep 2012, 08:49 4 1
This is really nice !! I think I still gotta stay with apple !! Beating all sgs3 with their 2 core chip and 1 gb of ram ? ( fighting against 2 gb of ram and 4 cores chip that bundled with sgs3 ) ??? What do you thing guys ?? With jelly bean they can beat iPhone5 with little number of scores but what after ios 6.1 ???? Hm..
24. structureman116 posted on 17 Sep 2012, 08:49 2 0
I can understand people who have not had an iphone jumping on this ship if that is what they want...what I don't understand is iphone 4 and 4s users paying to get this phone when the majority of the changes are coming throught the update to iOS 6, which will be sent out to the 4 and 4s on Wednesday!
25. amiaq posted on 17 Sep 2012, 08:49 0 0
Wow! congratulation iPhone users you all deserve it. It is truly made for you.
29. Sakeem posted on 17 Sep 2012, 08:57 4 0
This was expected. No surprise that it will outsell everything that's out currently. Also, if you notice, we as in tech savy people, are the ones comparing it to other phones. Those that are loyal to the Apple ecosystem could care less about that. All they know is that this is a great upgrade from the 4 and 4s, and in those terms, it is.
31. snowgator posted on 17 Sep 2012, 09:03 2 0
Well said. Apple products serve their users well. They will not always set records, but the iPhone and iPad loyalty is amazing.