iPhone 5 photo samples are published in full resolution
0. phoneArena 12 Sep 2012, 17:15 posted on
Soon after detailed information about the iPhone 5 was published on the Apple web site, we came across these photo samples taken with its 8-megapixel camera and decided to share them with you. These are the same photos that were shown off during the smartphone's official unveiling, yet now we get to take a closer look at them as the shots are in their original form and full resolution...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. MartyK (Posts: 714; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
The Media is really really trying to push this phone down the public throat.
This was/is a bust!.
19. MeoCao (unregistered)
I like what I see, but these are sure selected photos and normal users may not be able to take such photos as some skills and conditions surely are required to take those samples.
But with the phone so thin, this is very nice camera. And this will push other OEMs to try harder, great stuff.
22. Tre-Nitty (Posts: 460; Member since: 16 Nov 2010)
And award for dumbest post ever goes to you. A phone that will shatter all kinds of sales records, has the best screen on a smartphone, excellent camera, etc is a bust. Lmao, android freaks never cease to amaze me. Your frightened by something that has no bearing on you whatsoever.
28. glentomas123 (Posts: 70; Member since: 01 Jun 2011)
@Tre-Nitty: ifone5 does not have the best screen on a smartphone. But what metrics are you affirming this?
Also, what is the etc.?? lol!
I will say, however, that iPhone4-4s have had the best camera. I own the SG3 and iPhone4s. SG3 camera can't touch iPhone's. Sorry Android friends. In normal and edge condition usage, iphone4s has just about always delivered better images compared to my SG3 in both color reproduction and IQ. This is coming from an Android fanboy, by the way.
Android manufacturers just make crappy cameras!!
27. MeoCao (unregistered)
I don't think Apple is that stupid. LOL
2. jaoowolabi (Posts: 201; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
Lets be honest... this and probably any other "official" cell phone photo sample, was probably takin buy a Canon.
3. Cosmo (Posts: 32; Member since: 03 May 2012)
OMG I DIE! the best camera in the market indeed! cant wait to compare these photos with the one from Lumia 920! :D
7. GoBears (Posts: 362; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
LOL. Because you saw five outdoor photo samples?
12. E.N. (Posts: 2329; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
I'd like to see a comparison between the Lumia 920, iPhone 5, and iPhone 4S. All fanboyism aside, it is a decent camera, wouldn't you agree?
18. doejon (Posts: 357; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
lol its the same sensor... only software is tuned a bit
4. twens (Posts: 668; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
I thought I was the only one thinking like that...media is trying to make the public feel and think all is well with the phone. Funny enough they are doing a good job. Isheeps will fall for it. Someone give me a note 2 to clear this phone of the table.
24. bucky (Posts: 1500; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
What else do you want from an upgrade? Literally everything is improved.....
31. lumialove (Posts: 75; Member since: 16 May 2012)
Its all about innovations like Nokia did......not about upgrade.
5. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
love the pics... dont need a camera anymore. with the iphone that is all I need
11. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
yeah sure, although i havent need a camera for years thanks to the n8 and now the nokia 808
plus how much post processing and tweaking have these pics been through
32. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
N8 and 808 are the best camera phone!! im waiting for lumia 920 and iPhone for a head to head picture comparison!
17. Cosmo (Posts: 32; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i totally agree! this is the King of all smartphones!
20. MeoCao (unregistered)
Not so sure, the phone is sexy, but in normal use I bet many would love to have better battery life with a slightly thicker phone, the screen is not big enough and iOS6 sucks.
35. xtian1103 (Posts: 361; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
i would think apple is positioning the new ipod touch to replace the point and shoot cameras. $199 and you got hundreds of apps. internet, and 5 mp camera.
6. matt1q2aw3 (Posts: 13; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
The pictures may be real but the lighting doesn't look it, especially of the children in the grass. I'm sure someone was holding a mirror or a light screen etc.
8. Leon101 (Posts: 90; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
To tell you the truth i kinda like it but is it better than the s3... I guess we have to wait to find out!!
25. Gemmol (Posts: 538; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
The S3 use iphone 4s camera or did you miss that article, how can you compare it, I would be disappointed if I made the apple phone and I read your comment......http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/45909/samsung-galaxy-s3-iphone4s-same-camera
10. nwright94 (unregistered)
I'm still content with the pictures my iPhone 4 takes. These phones cameras are getting crazy good.
13. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6577; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
As i said it again you can't TAKE GOOD pics with your cell phone only a digital camera can
14. redsox420 (Posts: 90; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
More free advertising for big fruity.. What a joke of a product. YAWN FEST
Same as the old iphoney.. wtf is this.. The iphoney 4s.1? What a bunch of junk. 4 Fn inches of screen? LMAO.. Really 4 fn inches.. made out of half sammy products.. nothing big fruity made, just a retooled old design.. One phone for all? LMAO typical big fruity.. control what everyone uses, has, etc.. One size doesn't fit all.. Except for the fantwinks.. Enjoy that phone, oh wait, it'll be banned, due to LTE issues! Big Fruity can't innovate so they litigate.
21. Bfrenz (Posts: 106; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
Hmmm.. Average photos. Have you guys got that thing from announcement? Smaller sensor than 4S.
23. djoscar4u (Posts: 59; Member since: 10 Sep 2012)
Nice pic! I won't need a camera from now on
29. housecat (Posts: 8; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Not bad. But you can still tell the shots came from a smartphone.
30. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
looking forward for a head to head comparison with lumia 920!!!
i really hope that lumia 920 will be available before iPhone will!!
coz i really feel pity for nokia...
33. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Sony Xperia P dishes out better pitcures than this. It costs less than half of this and has NFC/Bluetooth also :)
34. fatexo (Posts: 95; Member since: 21 May 2010)
i wanted to see at least one photo shot at night outdoors. did not shoot because its not that good during nights..??
37. aquadust (Posts: 18; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
quite strong postprocessing (heavy sharpening and NR) hmmm... but this has to be expected, it is using 25% smaller sensor compared do 4s which is a bit shocking step taken by apple. lumia 920's sensor ~30% bigger than iphone5's with same 8mpx resolution. seems like iphone is gonna lost its reputation of best phone camera this year. such a shame...
38. Suts_97 (Posts: 124; Member since: 05 May 2012)
I don't undermine this phone's camera but it feels so overhyped.