iPhone 5 has worldwide 4G and LTE all on a single chip
0. phoneArena 12 Sep 2012, 12:38 posted on
This is maybe the biggest announcement that people have been waiting for with the iPhone 5, because wireless technology has moved on to fast data speeds, and this will be the first Apple device to fully take advantage of 4G and LTE...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. AppleConspiracy (Posts: 629; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
So Samsung will immidiately sue them?
18. Savage (unregistered)
You betchya. The wounds are still raw.
5. Commentator (Posts: 2399; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Logistics-wise this is great news for Apple.
12. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2441; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
heck yeaa and not tryna be an ass but apple is gonna get what they deserve!....... pay back is a bitch!
8. teerex42 (Posts: 159; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
Samsung sue away my friend. My Galaxy S3 crys foul since they won a lawsuit against you. Now it's time for Sammy to get one on Apple haha!!!!
What a joke!!! The fall of the iphone has begun!!!!
9. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
Yeah SAmmy now its your turn to Poke Back !!!!
11. remixfa (Posts: 13903; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Qualcomm is the logical choice for the LTE radio. My only question is if its Q, how cant Sammy sue Apple for it? It's got to be more than Q's radio to be able to be open to lawsuits because Q's stuff is patent protected.
14. infernal88 (Posts: 113; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
actually qualcomm pays samsung royalties for many patents including some LTE patents , so if qualcomm is using them ..so must be the iphone ..but im not sure if it will be possible for samsung to get paid twice over licencing same chips !
EDIT: one more thing ...it is not only samsung now ...HTC already started suing apple over LTE so they are in deep $*it
17. remixfa (Posts: 13903; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
its actually more than just Sammy and HTC, there is a whole tidal waves of lawsuits coming over LTE and other things. Dont forget Goog0rola is already stepping in the ring with them too.
Yes, there is a lot of cross liscencing between sammy and Q. That still doesnt explain the lawsuit though. There must be a lot more to the chip than it simply being Q's chip... if it is Q's chip at all.
20. infernal88 (Posts: 113; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
yea waiting for ifixit breakdown of the iphone5 ...it must is always interesting to know the internal of a phone and how much -the phone u pay a full premium price for - it actually cost .
21. remixfa (Posts: 13903; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
ifixit break downs are fun. :) geek porn!
13. skymitch89 (Posts: 1056; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
And by morning, Samsung will have filed a lawsuit against Apple for LTE.
15. ekia007 (Posts: 61; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
dont' tell me this is the revolutionary product. Other phone manufactures have been making LTE phone for 1 year now. There is no suprise. Don't try to make it special.
16. djoscar4u (Posts: 59; Member since: 10 Sep 2012)
yesss the fastest phone now! iphone 5 that is>>>>
19. raphael007 (Posts: 43; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
sammy s gonna get the fruitty company "apple" so bad that they will be forced to release the newer iphone in December and market it as " just in time for christmas"
22. cripton805 (Posts: 920; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
Just wait till the iPhone 5s to have last years technology.
They will add ram and everyone will buy that anyway.
23. DOGIEFRESH (Posts: 302; Member since: 15 Jul 2009)
Yes Shamesung can sue Apple but is gonna be tough for them to win on LTE patents that Qualcomm have with them and don't forget Apple hold more patents on LTE that Crapsung and Qualcomm combined so good luck Fandroids keep dreaming.....!!!!!
25. ilkinandr92 (Posts: 43; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
LOL im very srry for the info that u got brain washed to believe but Samsung is #1 LTE patent holder and when apple got a wind that they will get sued it just started to buy any LTE patents they can get their hands on. So Google+Sammy+HTC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>Krapple patens. Even Sammy by it self smokes the s**t out of Krapple
i can provide facts with the data supporting what i said. If ur to blindsided
28. remixfa (Posts: 13903; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
You couldn't be more wrong if you tried. You also could work on your horrible syntax skills.
Samsung has one of the world's largest LTE patent protfolios. Apple had zero LTE patents until they started buying up smaller companies earlier this year for LTE patents. That's called "patent trolling".
24. 348SStb (Posts: 2; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
So does this mean simultaneous voice and data on 3G on Verizon?
The LTE chip handles voice and data, and the radio handles... what? What does the radio handle?
Is the radio a CDMA/GSM radio? So while in a Verizon 3G area -- the phone will use the radio for data and the LTE chip for voice?
Let's break this down, please! Trying to understand if this implementation is actually an SVDO implementation without it really even being talked about. SVDO is never talked about or advertised.
27. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
how about smart and globe in the philippines?
29. flipicaneze (Posts: 1; Member since: 01 Oct 2013)
Yes all Philippines frequencies are supported by the 5s and 5c.