iPhone 5 Lightning to 30-pin adaptor won’t work with some existing accessories (false alarm)
0. phoneArena 13 Sep 2012, 08:00 posted on
The Apple iPhone 5 is coming with a brand new 8-pin Lightning connector that is not compatible with the current 30-pin connector used on the iPhone and iPad all until now…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
23. sgtdisturbed47 (Posts: 195; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Give it 6 months and they'll be $5 on Amazon.
26. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
6. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1313; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
News keeps getting worst by the minute.
7. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
On the next iPhone apple will introduce the 'nano usb' that is compatible with nothing and needs a new adaptor not too expensive available only in apple stores
10. doejon (Posts: 360; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
lol they want to bring for each accessory another adapter 4 of course for each adapter 30$ hahahaha damn that get realy tooooo priciee
27. E.N. (Posts: 2380; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Just so you guys know, not even the iPhone 4S is compatible with all previous accessories. That's why when your purchase an accessory, it tells which which versions of the iPhone/iPod/iPad its compatible with.
13. tedkord (Posts: 5527; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Not to worry. Apple will also offer an adapter for the adapter to allow analog transport, for only $25 more.
14. devilfisch (Posts: 35; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Assuming the majority of iDevice speakers use analog signals this means that if you have invested on several of those then upgrading to a new iDevice with a Lightning port makes your speakers very expensive paperweights! That's not very nice.
I assume Apple placed the headset plug at the bottom to make up for the lack of analog on the Lightning port. If the clearance of the Lighting port and the audio plug is similar for the new devices (iPhone 5, iPod Touch, and iPod Nano) then it's probably a good indication that they want to milk their customers a lot more with another "Lighting with Analog Audio adapter".
15. ericsorensen (Posts: 51; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Won't that jumbo adapter cover up stuff on the phone?
16. TalkingTechy (Posts: 97; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
I actually like Apple's products...but $29 for an adapter that MAY work with your stereo dock? That just seems silly.
18. MartyK (Posts: 728; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
I guess when the Iphone-6 comes out, the 8-pin Lightning connector & accessories won't work with it, you would have to buy a 6-pin Thunder connector with accessories...
Then you will have Lightning and Thunder...hahahahah
20. Loubielou (Posts: 282; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Anyone who buys the iPhone5 should be offered this adaptor in the Accessories included,Apple just love ripping people of money an they know they can get away with it,Just proofs that Apple never gave any thought to those people who have bought Dab Radio an Speakers with old adaptors on them an,they got it totally wrong doing this
21. Peter27 (Posts: 233; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
So many fails yet people will still queue up to get the new iPhone. This shows how the IQ of humanity is every day rapidly dropping down. It's very worrying
22. sbr999 (Posts: 79; Member since: 05 Jun 2012)
Its natural selection. These people won't get very far =) for us, the others, there is Android & there is WP8!
25. hfacuba (Posts: 5; Member since: 13 Sep 2012)
All this was known, because Apple wants is to keep all users as slaves, to continue taking away your money. Want to get your freedom?. Switch to an open OS like Android
28. xfire99 (Posts: 580; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
Well, doesnt matter, iSheeps dont know the different between iPhone 4S and iPhone 5.
So they wont know the different between 30 pin and 8 pin connector. They plug it in, ohh its broken and then go to store to try have it replaced.
Thats iSheeps way to do things.