iPhone 5 - is it worth upgrading?
0. phoneArena 12 Sep 2012, 15:42 posted on
Now that the iPhone 5 is official, many iPhone 4S owners will have troubles sleeping at night as they will be wondering whether upgrading to the latest model is worth it. After all, we can't deny that the smartphone looks awesome on paper and has more than a few features that make it better than its predecessor. But on the other hand, an iPhone is an expensive investment, especially if one has to pay a fee in order to upgrade early. That is why we decided to give these iPhone 4S owners a hand with our post. We have collected all of the iPhone 5 major upgrades in one place and compared them to what the iPhone 4S has to offer. First things first, let us discuss the iPhone 5's design...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
41. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
If you have a iPhone 4 then this would be an upgrade. However, if you have the 4S, maybe not so much.
44. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
HEY WHILE WE GET ALL THIS IPHONE TRASH TALK
CAN WE ATLEAST ADMIT THAT THIS IS BETTER THAN 4S? CONGRATS APPLE!
61. Alistaire (Posts: 132; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Apple don't need your congrats, only your $$$. Are you getting it?
46. gazmatic (Posts: 664; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
not even world's thinnest smartphone... there is already a fullHD 1080p, 441ppi, jellybean, 5" and 6.65mm phablet out there... it also is five inches... #iFail
50. devildlm1 (Posts: 71; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
The iPhone 5 is only worth upgrading to if you are so used to ios to the point that nothing else seems usable, you just want to look cool or plan on making a profit by selling it on ebay. The only thing the iPhone has going for it is the fact that ios is smoother than its competition and the gap is closing way faster than apple is innovating.
51. Evil_SaNz (Posts: 259; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Year 2030, Iphone 55:
30 PetaHZ CPU, 100 Zettabyte memory, can recall USS Voyager's emergency medical holographic program and...
SAME 2007 FREAKING UI :S
55. Alistaire (Posts: 132; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Iphone is really only worth an upgrade every 2 years now. Unless they "reinvent" the phone again. Another small update ...uff...
Really a reason why I have switched from Iphone 4 to Nokia Lumia 900. And now that I love the phone, can't wait to upgrade to Lumia 920.
57. Boti95 (Posts: 162; Member since: 05 Sep 2010)
God. This whole damn website is filled with iPhone 5 articles. Give us a break. They make it seem like the iPhone is the best phone in the world. There are WAY better phone that the iCrap 5. Phonearena, you might as well redesign the whole website to an iPhone website.
58. Cha7520 (Posts: 221; Member since: 31 Oct 2010)
It is worth upgrading? Just by asking that Question shows you the answer is...NO! lol
66. Just_a_boy (Posts: 183; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Only fanboys and influenced people will buy iPhone 5, after that disappointment i'm waiting for AT&T launch the Lumia 920 (really innovative, sexy and powerfull)
67. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
iPhone 5 is a worth upgrade!
68. Raptor9142 (Posts: 41; Member since: 15 Apr 2012)
well wats worth?? if u r an iphone user than u can go upgrade, but atlking as a neutral person, there is no reason to buy it
69. elharb (Posts: 6; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
im lost if i have to get this one or lumia 920 or that beastly LG optimus G
70. SGSatlantis (Posts: 221; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
"After all, we can't deny that the smartphone looks awesome on paper..."
I deny that. It looks mid-range on paper.
77. blackrain047 (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
I went into the Apple Store excited to find myself disappointed in the iPhone 5. Yes, it's very TRUE that if you have the 4S, the 5 is simply not worth upgrading to. Even the 4" display was all hype, because if you look closely- the 5 screen width has been shrinked to accomodate the new height. I'm simply saying that the 4S screen is actually wider than the 5. iPhone 5 is still a great phone, but most of the main noticeable features is in IOS 6 software, not the phone itself. Enjoy!