iPhone 4S vs Galaxy S III vs HTC One X drop test reminds us again not to drop Samsung's bundle of joy
0. phoneArena posted on 05 Jul 2012, 06:46
Now we have another video, which throws in the HTC One X with its polycarbonate unibody in the mix. The three phones get dropped from both waist and shoulder heights, which are the typical scenarios we do every day here in the office when the sweltering heat gets to us...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. IamYourFather6657 posted on 05 Jul 2012, 06:55 5 0
Bro 3310 already extinct la .
Try with lumia 900
18. kunyuk posted on 05 Jul 2012, 08:41 6 1
Nokia 3310 beat lumia 900
20. azri05 (unregistered) posted on 05 Jul 2012, 08:52 2 0
lol from your way of speaking, you're malaysian i guess?
22. IamYourFather6657 posted on 05 Jul 2012, 09:21 0 1
Azri : Yes I am . From Klang .
Mercorp is singaporean
21. azri05 (unregistered) posted on 05 Jul 2012, 08:56 2 1
did any1 see boobs at the wall?
24. VJo003 posted on 05 Jul 2012, 09:26 6 0
With nokia 3310, you might get a big crack on the floor
2. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 05 Jul 2012, 06:52 6 3
I wish instead of doing these stupid tests they would actually do them on popular cover brands like otter box to see if they actually can survive these falls. I came stress it enough even the RAZR can get broken and cracked. ALWAYS get a phone case that protects both the back and front sides and corners.
30. Goldeneye posted on 05 Jul 2012, 10:46 6 5
Typical Samsung fanboy, come on if the results were the opposite you'd be so happy and saying something like Samsung products are the best ever! Anyways is anybody surprised? Besides Rory and Remix by the way where is he? He'll be like BS!!! Lies! What do you expect from cheap plastic made products?
35. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 05 Jul 2012, 13:30 3 2
Typical dumbass I'm not talking about a single device I'm talking about ALL devices. But go ahead continue to be an ignorant prick like you always are and make everything about some pointless fanboy war.
39. Goldeneye posted on 05 Jul 2012, 17:01 1 3
I remember when an insurance company made a similar test and the GSII resisted better than the iphone you were so proud of Samsung, you didn't think it was a “stupid" test, wonder why this is different, fanboyism anyone?
40. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 05 Jul 2012, 17:26 2 4
Dropping any device to see how durable it is, is always a stupid idea. All you do is troll and try to start fanboy wars. I don't care if you have an iPhone or support Microsoft or Google for that matter. Don't be stupid and drop your phone, buy a phone case and protect your device. Get your head out of your ass and stop trying to make everything about fanboy wars.
41. Goldeneye posted on 05 Jul 2012, 17:50 1 3
Chill down boy, you just need to accept that Samsung is not that good as you and others want the world to think it is, what it really irritates me is the fact Samsung can't figure out how to make a well made flagship device, as a matter of fact I own a GalNex nice screen and... thas about it, can't hold a signal, terrible battery life, the trademark cheap plastic of course, the only reason I bought it is the pure android experience, rooting and romming is a second to none on this guy.
RAZR HD can't come out soon enough and get rid of the crappy Nexus, I keep my fingers crossed for the next Nexus being made by Moto, HTC, Sony, Asus or even ZTE! Just no more Samsung I'm sick of them!
Here's the only thing Samsung needs to copy from apple: craftsmanship and choice of materials.
43. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 05 Jul 2012, 18:33 0 1
Again, I'm not talking about brands or which is better. I am saying is no matter what phone you have you need a phone case. But you just won't get that through your head. I have no issues with my Galaxy S3 when it comes to battery life, signal strength, etc.
Yes I also hated the GN on Verizon, one of the reasons why I sold it and switched over to AT&T. I wasn't defending any brand or OS. You should never drop your phone purposely. Every phone will break I don't care if it still works, if it has a cracked screen that is no good for me I won't use it.
So enough with your fanboy wars, if a year ago I said something stupid as you claim, fine move on already. I have had an iPhone break on me, a Thunderbolt break on me, and a Epic Touch break on me. This has obviously made me very careful in protecting my phone because it doesn't matter who makes it, it still can be broken with just one drop.
5. IamYourFather6657 posted on 05 Jul 2012, 06:58 6 8
I got a hard time listening to that Indian accent
10. wendygarett (limited) 6 days ago posted on 05 Jul 2012, 07:26 7 5
Indians are rich... and have a soft floor....
42. Goldeneye posted on 05 Jul 2012, 17:57 0 2
What's wrong with the accent? Perfectly understandable to me, do you think Malaysian accent is perfect? I don't have a problem with it either!
47. Republican posted on 06 Jul 2012, 11:58 1 0
The only acceptable accents are those of the highly cultured Americans, or British. Otherwise you sound like a savage.
6. wendygarett (limited) 6 days ago posted on 05 Jul 2012, 07:05 2 0
I want to see xperia s dragontrail glass test...
7. wendygarett (limited) 6 days ago posted on 05 Jul 2012, 07:08 3 1
btw, is removable battery good? it gives me amnesia :(
8. tech_lover posted on 05 Jul 2012, 07:11 12 4
not even a single time she was able to drop the phn as it was intended to be...and neither she showed to the camera where exactly the scratches were!!
15. hateftotti posted on 05 Jul 2012, 07:58 4 4
Yeah.Exactly.It is the worst video I've ever watched about crash tests.She even doesn't know the screen size of GSIII.
They just tried to conclude that GSIII crashes but others are still ok.But they know themselves which is the best smartphone...
17. lonelyw posted on 05 Jul 2012, 08:37 4 5
she dropped the S3 twice face down head hight!!!!!!!, while not showing any close ups, inserted the S3 battery the wrong way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9. 09wbd03516 (banned) posted on 05 Jul 2012, 07:19 6 12
HATERS GONNA HATE!!!
SGS3 IS THE SEXIEST!!! INDESTRUCTIBLE GADGET EVER!!!
11. wendygarett (limited) 6 days ago posted on 05 Jul 2012, 07:35 7 2
Samsung embarass android...
ifan is laughing us now :(
12. HTCFreak posted on 05 Jul 2012, 07:45 7 1
iFans laughing? No, thet aren't so rude! We are the only ones laughing at iOS...
14. Hafiz posted on 05 Jul 2012, 07:48 5 4
Nope..Just because the s3 breaks faster doesn't mean apple is better than samsung!! It all depends on the angle the phone drops.
32. Non_Sequitur posted on 05 Jul 2012, 11:25 2 1
No, it's an AWESOME smartphone. The only three things I don't like about it are:
1. Touchwiz: It's alright, but just meh. The phone isn't smooth because of TW, but because of the 2GB of RAM combined with the S4.
2. No onscreen buttons: That just sucks. Manufacturers should start heading in that direction.
3: Menu button: It may be kinda useful in some circumstances, but I feel like it's dragging Android back.
All in all, it's an awesome phone. Just don't be a dumbass and drop it. ;D
13. dsDoan posted on 05 Jul 2012, 07:45 5 0
The drops were not uniform throughout the different phones.
16. zhypher_23 posted on 05 Jul 2012, 08:07 2 1
Try Nokia's 5300 son, the 3310, It's so durable it can withstand a nuclear explosion :)
28. Suts_97 posted on 05 Jul 2012, 09:55 2 2
No matter what anyone says, people still buy the S3! The sales prove that.
34. Immolate posted on 05 Jul 2012, 12:16 3 3
Unfortunately, even after you drop your iPhone 4S and it survives, you then pick it up and its still an iPhone 4S. Now if you could drop it and it transformed into a Samsung Galaxy S3, you'd be hearing iPhones hitting the pavement for the next month.
37. ZayZay posted on 05 Jul 2012, 14:02 2 0
I will still be selling a case with every smartphone I sell.
45. Jonathan41 posted on 06 Jul 2012, 06:47 0 0
I can think of a few reasons I'd break an iPhone.
She should of dropped the phones with two hands so they wouldn't twist in the air. The phones seldom landed on the corresponding surface.
I would be nice to actually be able to SEE the phones.
I like how "shoulder height" is over her head.
46. _PHug_ posted on 06 Jul 2012, 10:24 0 0
If they used a more appealing model to do this test I would have toughed it out but as-is I lasted 17 seconds
48. mike1650 posted on 06 Jul 2012, 20:48 0 0
Notice how the shoulder height drop elevated for the other than I4? Maybe Lebron's
49. ricky0702 posted on 11 Jul 2012, 01:51 0 0
These are all matter of personal opinion, however giving the opportunity
and the MEANS to any of the two phones I will go for Samsung GSIII since it has a removable battery and expandable memory.the Galaxy S III camera is definitely the superior camera.I heard that Galaxy S III and iPhone 4S used the same 8M pixel image senor from Sony.read another briefed comparison of the One X and Galaxy S III here.http://www.careace.net/2012/05/16/superphone-showdown-samsung-galaxy-s-iii-vs-htc-one-x/