iPhone 4S and Samsung Galaxy S3 dragged behind a car
0. phoneArena 11 Aug 2012, 11:49 posted on
Samsung Galaxy super-fan website, APerfectGalaxy.com, has posted a video to YouTube of its self-named “Drag Race Scratch Test: Samsung Galaxy S III vs. iPhone 4S.” As the name implies, they tethered...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
9. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
iPhone 4S and Samsung Galaxy S III, they are both very fragile. Also in this test is just to much accidental chances, as YouTube video it is good but as a test it is almost worthless.
In my opinion Samsung Galaxy S II was build stronger than Galaxy S III.
14. JessJess (unregistered)
He left the battery out of the S3 too. You can clearly see the 4S hits something and starts bouncing around (hence the damage). As the S3 starts to bounce he tells him to stop the car. So sad.
18. JessJess (unregistered)
Urm, what? The video is right there....
21. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"As the S3 starts to bounce he tells him to stop the car."
It is only assumption that he told him to stop a car just because Samsung Galaxy S III started to jump.
I know you would love to see how iPhone win, but this test is almost worthless because there is to much accidental chances so, don't be sad. :D
24. JessJess (unregistered)
Oh I see.
If that's how you want to play it, I have no interest. Sorry. I mean I saw your avatar but I just gave you the benefit of the doubt....
I will just add; The reason why he stopped the car is actually irrelevant (ignoring the guys website, name and manner at the start of the video). The fact was he did it, and that's not an assumption.
25. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"If that's how you want to play it, I have no interest. Sorry. I mean I saw your avatar but I just gave you the benefit of the doubt...."
Oh, no! Have I said something wrong ? :(
"(ignoring the guys website, name and manner at the start of the video)."
Yes, I know. :D
"The fact was he did it, and that's not an assumption."
Yes, he did that and it is not an assumption, but the reason why he did that may be only assumption (probably you are right but it is still only assumption). :P
33. 09wbd03516 (banned) (Posts: 140; Member since: 30 May 2012)
Samsung Galaxy super-fan website, APerfectGalaxy.com
Stop arguing you two, the title says it all
48. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
he disputes everything,, that is how he is... in CA we call them smart @@S
17. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
agree with you.. i dont like samsung but s2 really looks great (but my first impression to it was "is that an iPhone?" sorry i am not as techie before) and s2 looks more premium and good looking than s3! while my first impression to s3.. without its quad core i think buying an asha phone is better than this phone!
42. SleepingOz (unregistered)
LOL! Ahh, funny nokia people trying not to troll..
54. anjaleenarobert (Posts: 2; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
guys admit it Iphone 4s is better than samsung's any other phone . i mean no other phone has a5 chip . the app store is a marvel . siri is the most accurate voice assistant till now . ios 5 has over two hundred new features . ios 6 is coming out soon which is said to have 300 new features . the highest in any other phone . Height: 4.5 inches (115.2 mm) Width: 2.31 inches (58.6 mm) Depth: 0.37 inch (9.3 mm) Weight: 4.9 ounces (140 grams) NOTHING.
Check Your Apple iPhone 4 32GB Black current value here http://www.movaluate.com/apple
3. MalakiMills (Posts: 256; Member since: 15 Jun 2010)
Wonder why he was so nervous and out of breath??? >.>
29. 09wbd03516 (banned) (Posts: 140; Member since: 30 May 2012)
Will you nervous when I did your phone the same way?
37. dmckay12 (Posts: 243; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
When a man gets excited, things happen in his pants.
4. CharlieAtInfinity (Posts: 253; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
WOW People have so much money to waste!!!
Anyways... sorry iPhone.. you lost!!
40. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Talking about money wasting, excellent example:
I know he also earns money from YouTube videos, but I'm not sure if that much that he can break so much devices.
47. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
I wonder same, they have so much money to waste of phones with those crash tests
5. Tobruk (Posts: 10; Member since: 14 May 2011)
Gorilla Glass still dents! The back plastic piece of my earbuds hit my phone when I was untangling them and left a small dent on my GG screen.. I really don't buy into it's ultra toughness..
6. JunitoNH (Posts: 1076; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Lol I thought he was conducting reckon in Nother Afghanistan. All for some silly phones, just makes you wonder.
8. hateftotti (Posts: 151; Member since: 03 May 2011)
In these kind of crash tests it is better to fix the phones and then leave a heavy ball or something like that.this makes all the tests fair;)
10. TheDude13 (Posts: 12; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
This is the dumpest test i ever seen, Completely Pointless
39. darkkjedii (Posts: 13802; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Exactly what mobile device is designed to withstand being drug till they break. Think that's about $1,500 worth of phones too. Total idiot.
11. Snap123 (Posts: 33; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
Im sure you meant dumbest...but besides that it wasn't completely pointless... just shows what phone is more durable but i don't know anyone whose going to drag their phone around with their car.
Response to comment 10
12. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
wow this guy was a little too excited about this test. Probably hasnt gotten laid in years.
Jeff, please talk to your friend. Help him get a life. Dont let him tie strings to your car with gorilla tape while you drive him around the block. Youre just encouraging him :/
13. wademvp91 (Posts: 11; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Haha, so instead of the drop, hammer or even water test. We now have a drag test....
16. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
wow look at all the thumbsdown lol
must be the guy that made the video curled in a fetal position crying his eyes out cuz he thought everyone would think this video was super awesome.
now hes broke after buying those phones and Jeff wont call him to hang out no more.
19. aoikemono27 (Posts: 177; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
So lame. Like others have already said, the iPhone was freakin' bouncing around like crazy so of course it got way more scratches. Also really stupid to assume the iPhone doesn't have Gorilla Glass. There is enough evidence to suggest they do on their phones and tablets. Apple doesn't tout other companies they partner with, that's why they don't mention LG making the retina display or Sony making the camera sensor. It's most likely Gorilla Glass VS Gorilla Glass, which is really pointless. You can probably attribute other factors as well, including the iPhone's lack of a lip around the screen, and its density and small size which helped it bounce better. The worst part was the guy's voiceover was 200% PR stunt worthy. My Samsung S8500 Wave and S2 both scratched up and they were both Gorilla Glass.
22. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"It's most likely Gorilla Glass VS Gorilla Glass, which is really pointless."
I agree with you that Gorilla Glass vs Gorilla Glass would be pointless (unless Gorilla Glass vs Gorilla Glass 2). But anywai, this test was not Gorilla Glass vs Gorilla Glass, it was Samsung Galaxy S III vs iPhone 4s. ;)
20. aoikemono27 (Posts: 177; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Either there's a lot of rich assholes around or a certain sponsor *cough* is giving out free phones and setting up pseudo-PR websites acting as third parties. Whatever the case, they should've sent both phones to ME instead. $700 a piece. Yeesh.
23. tedkord (Posts: 5907; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
That's actually how I bring my phone with me when I drive places, so this video was really valuable to me.
26. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
because you are really likely to accidentally drag your phone......
27. phljcnth (Posts: 362; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
I feel depressed everytime phones like these get tortured.
30. joey18 (Posts: 564; Member since: 20 Jul 2010)
Stupid videos gringos dont have shiet to dooo
31. darkkjedii (Posts: 13802; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Such a stupid test y destroy those two super phones. Jus compare the features, and let it be.
32. master0fursinz (Posts: 104; Member since: 26 Apr 2010)
Yes Lets Play a prank on Jimbo and his wife. We're gonna take 2 new phones and record it for all of youtube to see. Drag it around on the back of a car call it a "Drag scratch test" then toss them back in the box and see there happy faces when they open it. :)
36. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Razr would beat them both....even the nexus 7 would...
41. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Not sure about Nexus 7 but I think Motorola RAZR MAXX could. :)
43. redneck (Posts: 1; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Ok this is silly. This guy is talking about how the SIII uses Gorilla Glass...the i phone has had it since 2007. The main reason the Apple took this "test" so badly is it's styling.The i phone has the edges of the screen exposed slightly. Gorilla glass, like tempered glass is more easily damaged from the edge. The SIII has a case that wraps around the edge of the glass. That being said I think the test was silly. A drop test would be more useful. Oh and before all the Galaxy fans jump on me...I am one. I have an SIII and I make fun of Apple users when I can.
45. robocopvn (Posts: 252; Member since: 10 Mar 2010)
Only the first version of Iphone used Gorilla Glass. 3G, 3GS,4,4S didn't. and Apple will use it again on IP5. That's why you can see how easily Iphone4, 4S can break the screen
44. robocopvn (Posts: 252; Member since: 10 Mar 2010)
haha. My only question is :
Is this video made by GOOGLE GLASS ?
46. shimshim (Posts: 18; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
some people would do just about anything to be on phonearena. I request phonearena.com to stop publicizing these insane tests unless people start using their phones under water, as hammers, shoes, kids toys and forks and knives and manufacturers start making them as so.
49. AndrewRamirez (Posts: 26; Member since: 24 Apr 2012)
Some people just want to see the world burn... ):|
50. Altair (Posts: 362; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Worthless test that doesn't prove anything. Only thing that is happening here, is 2 valuable phones wasted for nothing.
51. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I would drag that stupid kid behind a car. Too much money kiddo?
52. mew7946510 (Posts: 55; Member since: 10 Nov 2010)
Sammy and Apple fanboys seem to have some sort war too!! Hehe...
53. eyad_996 (Posts: 29; Member since: 10 Jul 2012)
Actually the Uploader closed his account, or at least that's what youtube said, so i didn't see, but how would anyone benefit from this video, you would find it useful if it was a bullet-proof glass or something like that but smartphones, I highly doubt that !!!
How about you have fun destroying the ES8000 Samsung Smart TV, that would be very helpful for someone whose considering buying one.
"What do you think will happen to the T.V if it was dragged behind a car , it will be destroyed , ohh no, I won't buy one then" !