iPhone 4S and 4 doing very well, iPhone 5 could be better
0. phoneArena 23 Apr 2013, 06:55 posted on
Ah, the good old times when the iPhone 4S was all the rage... Things were so much simpler for Apple back then - you could make a whole iPhone almost entirely out of glass, the stock was high and there were only four rows of icons, none of that fancy five row stuff...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 6786; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
They are all good devices. A lot of people who have the 4S can't get the 5 due to not having upgrades. That changes when the 5S is out. Then we'll see more domination.
5. tech2 (Posts: 3014; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
or it could be that people don't want to pay £530 (UK) for an extra row of icons !!!
6. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4184; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
That's the exact same logic I used to tell you that the 2.3 market share will go down exponentially this year, yet you didn't listen.
14. NewTone (Posts: 21; Member since: 20 Feb 2013)
Once my 4s contract is over im going to get the s4 or note3 so count me out for helping the 5s get any sells
29. donfem (Posts: 575; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Excuses. Is it possible that the users find nothing new in "the new 5"?
2. eliasafram7 (Posts: 83; Member since: 18 Mar 2013)
4s was more successful than the iphone 5
8. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I agree, but these three iPhones are not the best! :)
10. eliasafram7 (Posts: 83; Member since: 18 Mar 2013)
yes comparing to high end android smartphones nothing of three is the best
30. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
You meant to say these "not the best smartphones" continues to kick butt against the best android devices.
More people continue to buy iPhones than android devices based on the latest data from the major US wireless carriers.
35. winenerd (Posts: 5; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
iPhone is leading in market share in one country in the world as far as I know. In Europe, iPhone has less than half the market share of Android.
36. Trex95 (Posts: 689; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Lol. i saw a lot of European telecommunication chart Iphone 5, 4s still the best selling phones, and guess what the worst selling phones it's lumia 920 and note 2! even though the xperia v doing better than lumia 920 and note 2.
4. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4184; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Figured as much. Ever since the iPhone 5 launch, I've seen a ton more iPhone 4/4S users, more prominently the iPhone 4. I think I've only ever seen maybe 2 iPhone 5's outside of a store. I don't understand why some people say the main reason why Android is so popular is because they have dirt cheap ultra low end phones, when it's the same thing for Apple, in the States at least. When the iPhone 3GS was practically free with a contract, there happened to be a LOT more of them, same deal for the iPhone 4 now.
7. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1342; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
"Though the bigger screen seems does seem to be a worthy investment"
My Note 2 just rebooted from laughing so hard.
18. mrblah (Posts: 555; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
No, it rebooted because its a glitched out P.O.F. :)
25. blingblingthing (Posts: 503; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
I loved my 4inch phone(An Xperia X10a); however, it's 2013, so 4.7inch 720 or higher displays for me.
9. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
The iPhone 5's slogan still cracks me up, "The biggest thing to happen to iPhone since iPhone" xD
Apple make excellent products that people want to buy.
11. FlushGordon (unregistered)
A 3.5 inch phone?
Eeeeeew...its soo 2007
Id be ashamed to use one on the streets
13. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1342; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
It will be a very interesting evening. Either the stocks are going to take a beating or it's shooting up. I hope for the first option because Apple has sat around and did nothing. Make them rethink about releasing an "s" model against Samsung and HTC.
Time to show Tim Cook the door. Arm chair CEO's such as myself have better ideas.
34. quakan (Posts: 1285; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
HTC is no threat to Apple and Samsung released their S model earlier this year.
15. Apartments (Posts: 17; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
It's really sad come on apple you, i guess can do better lol! Stop trying to file lawsuit against people and innovate..Like Samsung does. .galaxy note ll nice
16. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Funny. They had a sample group of 500 people. This website alone could get a bigger sample then that. I don't really hold much weight when it come to these "results". Even more so, when the US has a pop of 300 million + and you ask 500 of them what they think.
32. donfem (Posts: 575; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
And I guess the "300 million" people in the USA use iphones?
21. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 569; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
I'm a WP convert but I also have an iPod touch and/or borrow my wife's iPad whenever I need my iOS fix. Is it just me or are iOS touchscreens just not up to par these days? I find myself having to push buttons and swipe my finger multiple times to get a response. I never seem to have that problem with WP or Android devices. Anyone else out there having the same problem?
24. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
My household has iPods and you are correct.
26. denn90 (Posts: 14; Member since: 03 May 2011)
It's not that the I|Phone 4 or IPhone 4S Was More successful. It Just Means People we're dam Broke to Buy the next Generation ..
If anything IPhone 5 Has a better looking design. With the IPhone 4 and S You had to worry about your phone falling on it's ass or Front but now since the IPhone 5 Is not made out of Glass There's less worries
31. donfem (Posts: 575; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
How can you argue the fact that "people were damn broke"? By the way, what is different in the designs? I am waiting to hear further arguments