iPhone 4 owners start receiving $15 ‘antennagate’ refund checks from Apple
0. phoneArena 23 Apr 2013, 03:12 posted on
The iPhone 4 was one of the most successful launches for Apple ushering its new design language which in some form has stayed to this day, but it did not go without a flaw...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Fayeznoor (Posts: 65; Member since: 15 Nov 2011)
3 years for $15 refund. this service by Apple is quick . iJustice served
12. osmaankhaan (unregistered)
Paying the refund by cutting down the pays of Fox'con'n employees?
apple: what's there to loose.. A few more human lifes by suicidal attempts? Anyway they r not money they r humans y should v care...
2. Daftama (Posts: 575; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Lol thats it...how many will actually file and get it
3. Sniggly (Posts: 7182; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
What a joke.
Oh well, though. 15 bucks is 15 bucks.
Let the record show that Apple only issued these 15 bucks per person after being forced to, and only to those who applied for a refund long ago.
In other words, I sure as hell better not see any post saying Apple is generous here.
8. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 4167; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Apple is being generous. Quit acting like Apple is the only OEM who has had a product that had a defect. The supposed attengate only happened when you squeezed the phone so much.
13. lyndon420 (Posts: 1785; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Are you sure that this wasn't meant as an innovative feature?
14. Sniggly (Posts: 7182; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Wrong on every count. Apple is only paying what they're being forced to by the settlement. Their reaction initially was to deny the issue, and the 4's design was never fixed. And antenna gate could be triggered simply by laying your pinky over the antenna break. I tested this multiple times on various AT&T 4s.
4. GoBears (Posts: 384; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Haha what a joke. They are so desperately trying to save face it's pathetic. It's also too late.
7. tech2 (Posts: 2452; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
that's exactly what I thought on looking the picture. Iphone 4 looks tiny all of a sudden.... lol
9. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yes, the iPhone 4 looks tiny, and the iPhone 1 looks even tiny like an ant. xD
11. Aeires (unregistered)
My thoughts too, so tiny it looks like a feature phone. But hey, Steve said that was the perfect size so who are we to say different?
6. Trex95 (Posts: 571; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
At least they returned the refund unlike some company doesn't know how to fix death issue till date LOL.
10. romeo1 (Posts: 298; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
Only 15$ for the antenna gate issue?
The main reason to buy a phone is to call and if it drops your call by holding it in a way its normal you should get a new one. One that works not a sticker or 15$?