iPhone 4 nails best phone award at MWC
Its not only about the hardware nowadays. You have heard the word "ecosystem" repeatedly recently as it was one of the key topics discussed by Stephen Elop in Nokia's Windows Phone move. And an ecosystem needs apps. The best of all platforms this year was... Angry Birds, of course.
Before we give you the full list of winners, let us mention MobiSante's MobiUS ultrasound imaging system, which could redefine the future of medical imaging. Check out all the winners below:
- App of the Year on the Apple Platform
Rovio / Clickgamer/Chillingo for Angry Birds
- App of the Year on the BlackBerry App World Platform
Research In Motion for BlackBerry Messenger
- App of the Year on the Android Platform
Google for Google Maps
- App of the Year on the Nokia Platform
Herocraft & InnerActive for Zum Zum
- Best Mobile App
Rovio / Clickgamer/Chillingo for Angry Birds
2. Mobile Advertising & Marketing
- Best Mobile Advertising & Marketing Campaign
Mobilera - Outeractive for Unilever Cornetto Multiplayer Interactive Wall Projection Mapping Game
3. Best Mobile Business & Enterprise
- Best Mobile Enterprise Product or Solution
Antenna for Antenna Mobility Platform (AMP)
- Best Mobile Money Product or Solution
Airtel Africa, MasterCard Worldwide and Standard Chartered Bank for Airtel Card
4. Social & Economic Development
- Best use of Mobile for Social & Economic Development
Ericsson and Flexenclosure for Ericsson Community Power
- Best Mobile Money for the Unbanked Service
Vodafone Group, Safaricom, Vodacom, Vodafone Essar Limited and Roshan Ltd for M-PESA
Best Product, Initiative or Service for Underserved Segment
BBC World Service Trust for BBC Janala
- Best M-Health Innovation
Mobisante Inc for MobiUS
- Best Mobile Learning Innovation
Urban Planet Mobile and PT Telkomsel for Urban English, Mobile English Learning Initiative
- Best Mobile Innovation for Utilities
EDMI and Sierra Wireless for EDMI EWM100 Advanced GSM/GPRS Modem for Smart Metering Applications
- Best Mobile Innovation for Automotive & Transport
Nissan Motor, AT&T, NTT DOCOMO, and Telenor Connexion for ICT for Electric Vehicles
- Best Embedded Mobile Device (Non-Handsets)
AT&T and VITALITY, Inc for AT&T-connected Vitality GlowCaps
6. Green Mobile Award
- Green Mobile Award for Best Green Product/Service or Performance
Bharti Infratel for GreenTowers P7 Project
- Best Mobile Device
Apple for iPhone 4
- Device Manufacturer of the Year
8. Best Technology
- Best Mobile Broadband Technology
Ruckus Wireless for Ruckus Mobile Wi-Fi Gateway System
- Best Mobile Technology for Emerging Markets
Orange for Orange solar base station programme
- Best Technology Breakthrough
Seven Networks for SEVEN Open Channel
- Best Customer Care & CRM
Airtel Africa and Tango Telecom for Tango Telecom’s ‘Dynamic Pricing Service’
9. Outstanding Achievement Awards
- GSMA Chairman's Award
Dr. Wang Jianzhou, Chairman, China Mobile
- Government Leadership Award
Government of Afghanistan
3. ayephoner (Posts: 832; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
it won best mobile device. it was up against every other mobile device, including the EVO.
looks like good has prevailed.
5. snowgator (Posts: 3015; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
I think it is a bunch of crap that Mobile Advertising & Marketing Best Mobile Advertising & Marketing Campaign went to that lame Mobilera outfit for that crappy Outeractive for Unilever Cornetto Multiplayer Interactive Wall Projection Mapping Game. Phone Arena and the mobile industry is so biased. (hey, this blind hatred stuff is kinda cool...)
6. Whateverman (Posts: 3066; Member since: 17 May 2009)
You know most people here don't have as big of an issue with the iPhone as they do with the iPhone fanboys. Most people don't troll PA waiting for a positive article about the iPhone, just so they can blast it with "Android is better!" comments. Most people are just really tired of the iPhone fanboys who start off a post with, "Let the hating commence." And the superiority complex that SOME iOS fanboys exhibit whenever there an article about any other platform, especially Android articles. iOS is a great operating system and the iP4 is a great device, but true fanboys are never humble and that's why your platform gets bashed and hated on. Don't invite negative comments and then wonder why everyone is trashing your phone!
With that said... Congrads to Apple and the iP4!
10. DonkeyPunched (Posts: 321; Member since: 10 Jan 2010)
You are absolutely wrong there sir. Ever since the iPhone 3GS came out, much of the hating began with Android fanboys. Of course there are Apple fanboys, but not nearly as much as Android ones trolling around on PA, calling them biased for everything they brought up. Every time an article came out with information on an Apple product, there was always an Android fanboy commenting first with "crapple". So, when there are people who put "Let the hating commence", its a direct result from all the negative comments given to the past comments.
Based off the nerdyness, there is going to be more Android fanboys because it has a nerdier OS that is much more customizable. So it would be common sense to already know, Apple fanboys don't troll as much as Android ones, at least in the year that we are in now with all the Android advancements.
7. messiah (Posts: 433; Member since: 19 Feb 2010)
And the Consumer Reports Award goes to...... ;)
8. 530gemini (Posts: 2198; Member since: 09 Sep 2010)
Where did all the haters go? Here's another opportunity for you guys :)
9. luis_lopez_351 (Posts: 951; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
HTC is thee only phone manufacture that builds phones with quality -__- samsung im tired of ur plastic xD
11. Tfitz (unregistered)
Oh Jeez, Who gives a flying *hit! Just be happy with whatever phone your have or will have, they're both Great platforms, Bunch of babies, You're like mine is bigger and mine goes on for hours. Just give it up and enjoy what you have already.
12. seven7dust (unregistered)
Love it !!! rather that listen to spec sheet whores , who insist on silly things like multi-cores ,more megapixels etc.., they choose to go with a phone that delivers a better user experience.
it's funny how a iPhone 4 with a year old tech is smoother and more polished that these newer dual core phones that lag at simple things like web browsing etc... not to mention has 10x more games.
it's like comparing a console to a PC, developing for a specific set of hardware lets game developers squeeze every ounce of potential out of the iPhone hardware to deliver smoother and higher level of graphics that Android apps lack.