iPads to replace blackboards at 11 schools in the Netherlands
0. phoneArena 05 Jul 2013, 08:55 posted on
If you are a student in the so-called “Steve Jobs Schools” in the Netherlands, all you're going to need from August is... an iPad...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
14. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
no, this is for sure corruption..... nexus 7 is much much cheaper and much much more capable=you can freely copy files and open in any app, use any micro sd cable...... iPad are just incapable toys.... and expensive
15. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
looks like Apple is striding the same way like Microsoft=corrupted govs+corrupted schools
17. stealthd (unregistered)
Except that the Nexus 7 is not much much more capable. It's way behind the iPad in software available (you know, apps). And Google hasn't been making any sort of push into education like Apple has with textbooks.
18. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
you simply lie..... I can install every app from my phone to my nexus ;)
so don't lie
19. Ninetysix (Posts: 2340; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Right...Is there even an iTunesU equivalent for Android? What about a compilation of some apps for education like this one?
26. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
dear limited iUser, for Android you need to adjust almost nothing..... it just works as it is ;)
open and edit any doc,libre office file in any app? not a problem for Android but impossible for the iKid's phones or iKid's tablets ;P
23. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
so that why the toys goes to school kids not colleges or universities get it right :D
27. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
yes, unfortunately because of a lot of limited people :)
4. HASHTAG (unregistered)
Just because it's an Apple device or because it's not an Android or Windows tablet?
8. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Its a bad idea non the less. If you went to school you would know learning doesn't happen until you actually write down notes. Reading powerpoint wouldn't make you remember anything
9. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
There's actually an app called notes and an app called pages
11. HASHTAG (unregistered)
I agree w/ you James004. I'm am currently a student and I hate when my professors lecture from powerpoints. Feel like I don't learn anything. I always do my notes pen and paper.
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
Smart Dutch as always :)
6. procopiojose (Posts: 132; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
so that is why ipads are boring.. it is going to replace stuff that we yawn at every single day when we were young..
7. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Now that's just crazy.
10. snowgator (Posts: 3558; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Okay, I understand progress. I think teaching and schools have to adapt to prepare students for the new world. But, I have 2 reasons I dislike this move right now:
1) Cost. My kids can't keep their bookbags nice. My son has a laptop for classes, and the amount of extra funds required to keep these up and to fix or replace damaged ones is really exceding the practicle side of using them. Less then 20% of students can use them in my son's high school due to cost, putting all the other students at a disadvantage.
2) The amount of time it takes to police these things actually is adding stress onto teachers already tasked well beyond what is expected out of the average worker.
Come out with durable, rugged laptops/tablets, and give teachers and adminstrators the power they need to enforce rules and discipline in the schools again with parents supporting them, I would LOVE this. It is the direction our schools need to go.
24. loken (Posts: 462; Member since: 09 May 2012)
umm xperia tablet z ~ dustproof and waterproof :)
25. MrMagoo (Posts: 12; Member since: 28 Jun 2013)
Well you can use a hard case for your iPad (griffin case for example) to solve repair problems, I'm using one with mi stupidly fragile iPhone right now and I don't have to worry for it anymore ... But I still thinking that kids should take handwritten notes, there are parts of the brain that only works when you write by hand.
12. androidfanboy (Posts: 162; Member since: 24 Jun 2013)
Should be a windows or android as ipads don't have adobe flash
13. Ninetysix (Posts: 2340; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
We have a winner for the dumbest post of the day. Congrats broski.
A simple research will tell you why iOS is preferred in the education sector.
16. Rehankhan (Posts: 323; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
who the f**k got 9.7 inches blackboards?
20. pkiran1996 (Posts: 166; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
Nothing beats a good teacher and a wipe board.
21. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Weed and brothels, two of Netherlands' most-treasured tourist attractions