iPad's high-res Retina display: here are the details
1. cepcamba posted on 07 Mar 2012, 12:45 5 1
Not an Apple fan, but definitely impressed. I hope droid tabs with this kind of pixel density will come out soon. Truly a highDEF experience.
10. karanstyle posted on 07 Mar 2012, 13:00 7 0
Sony is Working at its best to bring the Best ppi in resolution
2. PhoneCritic posted on 07 Mar 2012, 12:47 1 3
No not really. This is what was expected. However, it is good news as the rest of the industry also now has high definition displays as well. but overall good news
4. theoak posted on 07 Mar 2012, 12:47 2 6
It is also quad-core - A5X processor
In comparing to Tegra 3, Apple claims:
Twice as fast
Four times the performance
6. jamrockjones posted on 07 Mar 2012, 12:51 5 0
Ya, but I don't think they're talking about the CPU, I think it's just with the graphics.
18. MobileCaseReview posted on 07 Mar 2012, 14:15 0 0
It's a duo core with quad core processing Graphics.
5. PhoneCritic posted on 07 Mar 2012, 12:51 8 0
HD is HD so even if it has a billion more pixels then the human eye can account for it is still comparable to an HD television set. That said if it was super AMOLED HD then I be very impress because of the saturation level of colors and the Trure Black levels. This is indeed good news but again in my opinion a HD RGB matrix Super AMOLED screen would be very impressive.
22. matrix_neo posted on 07 Mar 2012, 19:13 1 0
They increased the screen resolution because they felt that their retina display is inferior now to super amoled plus display of samsung which recieving a higher momentum in screen technology. Every reviews of galaxy phones (s s2 & note) and galaxy tab 7.7, the screen display always recieved a good impresssion and always the first thing to be recognized.
7. SlimSoulja86 posted on 07 Mar 2012, 12:52 1 1
What is it called?
13. darac posted on 07 Mar 2012, 13:07 3 0
Hats off to Apple for this.
I can't stand em, but I always give credit where it's due.
Samsung had a chance to put their best into a tablet and offer a true high tech to android at MWC but they dropped the ball monumentally.
If they expect from Galaxy pad 2 to compete with iPad HD, they deserve to be squashed by this school example of crafting a product with a single BANG feature, and presenting it to people.
15. Stuntman posted on 07 Mar 2012, 13:53 0 0
Normally, people hold tablets farther away from their eyes than their phones. I can attest to that. I definitely hold my tablet (Eee Pad Transformer) farther away from my eyes than my phone (Desire Z).
23. r41nier posted on 07 Mar 2012, 22:26 1 0
being retina display does not depend only on the ppi. it also depends on the viewing distance. using the formula a = 2tan-1(h/2d) at 15 inches away qualifies for a retina display. the eyes cannot discern the pixels at the distance, which is the essence of Retina Display.
19. MobileCaseReview posted on 07 Mar 2012, 14:16 0 0
It's relevant to the size of the screen and how far people hold it from their faces.
25. Cyan3boN posted on 08 Mar 2012, 00:26 0 0
Why do they have to compare it with their own product(ipad 2), dont they know that they are downgrading ipad 2.