iPad's high-res Retina display: here are the details
1. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Not an Apple fan, but definitely impressed. I hope droid tabs with this kind of pixel density will come out soon. Truly a highDEF experience.
10. karanstyle (Posts: 188; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Sony is Working at its best to bring the Best ppi in resolution
2. PhoneCritic (Posts: 423; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
No not really. This is what was expected. However, it is good news as the rest of the industry also now has high definition displays as well. but overall good news
4. theoak (Posts: 324; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
It is also quad-core - A5X processor
In comparing to Tegra 3, Apple claims:
Twice as fast
Four times the performance
6. jamrockjones (Posts: 345; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Ya, but I don't think they're talking about the CPU, I think it's just with the graphics.
18. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 242; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
It's a duo core with quad core processing Graphics.
5. PhoneCritic (Posts: 423; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
HD is HD so even if it has a billion more pixels then the human eye can account for it is still comparable to an HD television set. That said if it was super AMOLED HD then I be very impress because of the saturation level of colors and the Trure Black levels. This is indeed good news but again in my opinion a HD RGB matrix Super AMOLED screen would be very impressive.
22. matrix_neo (Posts: 326; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
They increased the screen resolution because they felt that their retina display is inferior now to super amoled plus display of samsung which recieving a higher momentum in screen technology. Every reviews of galaxy phones (s s2 & note) and galaxy tab 7.7, the screen display always recieved a good impresssion and always the first thing to be recognized.
7. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 648; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
What is it called?
13. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Hats off to Apple for this.
I can't stand em, but I always give credit where it's due.
Samsung had a chance to put their best into a tablet and offer a true high tech to android at MWC but they dropped the ball monumentally.
If they expect from Galaxy pad 2 to compete with iPad HD, they deserve to be squashed by this school example of crafting a product with a single BANG feature, and presenting it to people.
14. elite monkey (Posts: 21; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
what happened to 300ppi + being "retina"?
15. Stuntman (Posts: 823; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
Normally, people hold tablets farther away from their eyes than their phones. I can attest to that. I definitely hold my tablet (Eee Pad Transformer) farther away from my eyes than my phone (Desire Z).
23. r41nier (Posts: 69; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
being retina display does not depend only on the ppi. it also depends on the viewing distance. using the formula a = 2tan-1(h/2d) at 15 inches away qualifies for a retina display. the eyes cannot discern the pixels at the distance, which is the essence of Retina Display.
19. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 242; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
It's relevant to the size of the screen and how far people hold it from their faces.
25. Cyan3boN (Posts: 436; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Why do they have to compare it with their own product(ipad 2), dont they know that they are downgrading ipad 2.