iPad typos – fat fingers or Apple’s fault?
0. phoneArena 06 Jan 2012, 11:07 posted on
Typing on an iPad often requires a certain degree of precision and/or patience. Most of us assume the screen is a bit to cramp for optimal typing or chalk our blunders up to a classic case of fat fingers. Dave Addey did some tests filming his typing on an iPad and the results are interesting to say the least.
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. andro. (Posts: 1927; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Phonearena this is a silly question to ask and in all honesty is a down right insult to apple. Apple is never wrong for anything,NO apple product has ever been faulty or not work properly and if any users have problems typing on the ipad then its entirely due to fat fingers,very poor hand eye co-ordination,and/or the user is not using their fingers properly in a regular human manner and is advised to seek medical help as soon as possible.
13. ardent1 (Posts: 1983; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
andro, if Apple is never wrong for anything, then why does Apple release updates? I use a pen when typing on my ipad -- while it reduces me to typing with one finger, it's accurate and doesn't leave fingerprints.
15. RicNP (Posts: 32; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule
18. ardent1 (Posts: 1983; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
There's the problem -- the absence of wit. andro needs to work on his wit as he is a bit wit-challenged.
25. DroidMePlease (Posts: 12; Member since: 08 Apr 2011)
sounds like someone's butthurt their sarcasm radar was off
29. deathdvc (Posts: 9; Member since: 29 Aug 2011)
Swype rules da world!!! No more fat fingers
2. kshell1 (Posts: 1141; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
antenna gate battery gate and a yellowish tint on screen on iphone. now this! my day is just getting better and better.
4. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
you must have a horrible life when it depends on bad news Apple for you to have a good day
5. kshell1 (Posts: 1141; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
i was implementing that iphone does indeed make faulty products just like some other manufacturers contradictory to what many people say. it's my opinion to not like apple if i want to. right to free speech 5th amendment look it up. it is my right to say what i want.
6. Hallucinator (Posts: 338; Member since: 24 May 2010)
You were implementing? So does the 5th amendment now give the right you misuse words? Awesome!!
8. clevername (Posts: 1407; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Are you serious? Fifth amendment? I hope you're joking.
9. Hallucinator (Posts: 338; Member since: 24 May 2010)
Ok, so i took your advice and looked up the Fifth Amendment.
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
So.....yeah. You are dumb
14. ardent1 (Posts: 1983; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
"implementing" -- what does that mean?
16. ibap (Posts: 675; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
The appearance of "implementing" in your comment makes me think that autocorrect is not necessarily a good feature - especially if you don't pay attention to what it inserts.
23. kshell1 (Posts: 1141; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
well i am sorry if i am 15 we teens tend to have literary mistakes, also history mistakes in the case of me referencing the 5th.
26. Hallucinator (Posts: 338; Member since: 24 May 2010)
If you are indeed 15, I apologize for referring to you as dumb. However, you should also learn not to try to sound intelligent if you are unsure of what you are talking about.
11. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
the hands with the hands on the fingers looks creepy! lol
27. jbash (Posts: 339; Member since: 07 Feb 2011)
i agree, but also think it cool. you could be spidermans sidekick...Geckoboy! lol
17. ChiX017 (Posts: 308; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Funny thing was experiencing a typo*just nw* when scatting n Skype...logged on PH & I see this(thoughtful article)...I seem 2 experience dis more on my iPad than my phone buh I think it's mostly my fault.
19. tluv00 (Posts: 134; Member since: 18 Oct 2007)
The iPad keyboard sucks...especially the auto correct.....especially the fact that it doesn't remember the words you use most often (it always auto corrects my last name so emails and enything else gets changed).
Is there an alternate keyboard app?
20. PaulNotFromSweden (Posts: 51; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
And what is the reason for the typos in the article? I don't think you can blame Apple, or was it typed on an iPad? Would someone please edit these articles before they're posted. Yes this is harsh, but if you want to be taken seriously, you have to write like you've at least passed the 8th grade.
22. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Honestly the only on screen keyboards that I like are swype and ics stock keyboard which is phenomenal.
The ipad is too wide to type long things comfortably and honeycombs autocorrect is hit or miss in portrait mode for some reason though it works much better in landscape.
28. jbash (Posts: 339; Member since: 07 Feb 2011)
Try swiftkey, I thoroughly enjoy it. Its a paid app but I got it off of amazon market when it was the free app of the day, and haven't used anything else since
30. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
i got it during the 10 cent sale. i used it for like 2 days and couldnt get used to it. I use thumb keyboard on my tablet as its better than stock. tried quite a few but it wasnt until swype that i was able to let go of a real keyboard.
24. ILikeBubbles (Posts: 284; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
why couldn't there have been a side by side comparison with iphone keyboard vs android? wouldn't that have been a little more fair? maybe android stumbles on the same words.. maybe less... maybe even more... this seems to just be sort of... well... engineered for a certain response really.
31. thomaswoodlick (Posts: 1; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
For typing in ipad there should be a keyboard for fat fingers. Its very difficult to type on an ipad. I think this is a Apple's fault. I am looking for fat finger keyboard app for my ipad. One of my friend suggest me an app The fat finger fromhttp://www.mydatabydesign.com its an text to speech program.