iPad mini announcement meta-liveblog
0. phoneArena 23 Oct 2012, 11:53 posted on
After years of rumors or speculation, the day is finally here. The day when Apple is expected to unveil the iPad mini - an iPad with a smaller screen and a cheaper price tag that will try to compete with popular small tablets like the Nexus 7 and Kindle Fire HD...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
5. plgladio (Posts: 313; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Not excited but have to see what it carry under the hood..
8. -box- (Posts: 3913; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Not in the slightest.
Ray does though, but that's expected from Ray.
3. plgladio (Posts: 313; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
"Mac has been named #1 desktop and #1 notebook in the U.S." By Apple?
4. Aeires (unregistered)
#1 Desktop? In what, price?
6. shabbir_ene (Posts: 10; Member since: 08 Mar 2012)
Woow new 13 inch MacBook Pro ... Exciting
7. downphoenix (Posts: 2496; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
sad that Apple cant even get their livestream working right. It keeps saying check back soon on their website, even though its going on right now. No amount of refreshing will fix it.
9. Aeires (unregistered)
Friction stir welding, invented in 1991. New only to Apple, NASA has been using it for some time now.
10. plgladio (Posts: 313; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Amazing event, they are not bashing any other companies yet.. :P
18. Aeires (unregistered)
And it happened, knew it was too good to be true. Had to drag an Android device into the event.
19. plgladio (Posts: 313; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Haha good to compare with a powerful device always, to check your speed
20. Aeires (unregistered)
Comparing it to the iPad full sized would have sufficed.
26. Commentator (Posts: 2556; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Typical Apple. They take an Android device, the Nexus 7, and bash it because its screen is smaller than the iPad Mini's. Never mind that this is a completely arbitrary comparison, and there are Android tablets of pretty much every screen size you can think of, up to 13 inches diagonal. But that's how they define "blowing past the competition" I guess...
35. tgtftw (Posts: 31; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
Well yea, I mean come on its only $130 more than the closest competitor. Makes perfect sense #sarcasm.
11. mohamed_noor (Posts: 8; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
I smell things getting cooked up after no jobs. if u know what I mean ;)
12. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
iPad 4th gen. Who freakin' saw that coming?
28. Commentator (Posts: 2556; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Let the crap-storm of outraged comments from people who bought the 3rd gen uh... SEVEN MONTHS AGO begin...
13. AamirSIII (banned) (Posts: 187; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
i dont like Apple just because of two things. 1- very very simple os...i mean come on there should be some complexity and customization
2- EXTREMELY HIGH PRICES of their devices
these r my only two grudges.... NOTHING ELSE!
16. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 242; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Windows 8 is headed in the same direction in terms of OS.
15. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Wow Apple is really losing it - or just madly sweating under its fake mask of humility - iPad 4 - just 7 months after the previous model! An A6x chip - just a month after the previous version!!
Anyone who bought the iPad 3 feels screwed now lol.
24. techspace (Posts: 795; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
now apple did that to save the bigger ipad's marketshare.........android tablets are announced almost every week, so the people will feel screwed on seeing newer things on any platform
33. Aeires (unregistered)
LOL, AAPL was climbing upward until the Mini prices were announced. Now it's tanking fast.
17. -box- (Posts: 3913; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Ahahahaha, what an (expected) letdown for apple people. An ipad2mini and an ipodTouchXL. Same old, same old, apple's really lost their way.
21. tedkord (Posts: 5512; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
7 inch tablets are DOA, unless you sell a piece of sandpaper with each one to sand your fingers down to a quarter size.
22. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
apple is clearly afraid of win 8 tablets or they wouldnt have announced a new gen ipad only after 7 months.
nice to see apple acknowledge that win 8 is far better. It also forced them to break their one year cycle.
It is clear that apple is changed now and have become cowardly.
23. android1234 (Posts: 106; Member since: 09 Feb 2010)
A5 processor??? Why, thats 2 generations ago, why not the A5x at least if they are upraging the ipad 4 to a6x
25. -box- (Posts: 3913; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
More profit, and leftover components from the ipad2 apparently
32. Aeires (unregistered)
Doubt it, it's more like a planned upgrade pathway to keep repeat buyers. Never buy the first iteration of any Apple product, unless you have no plans whatsoever of upgrading.
27. structureman116 (Posts: 135; Member since: 14 Sep 2010)
Is it me or is the browser display on the Nexus 7 in the browser comparison pics reduced as if you are opening a new window? It looks to me like Apple is using some deceptive trickery to make the Pad Mini's browser appear much larger than it really is compared to the Nexus 7?
31. plgladio (Posts: 313; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
You will be answered only they both come to user hands for comparsion. Until then no idea..
29. gregoryyy3 (unregistered)
I LOVE APPLE.
android needs to go. it has no shot.
34. structureman116 (Posts: 135; Member since: 14 Sep 2010)
That would be great...the only problem is that us Android users would end up traveling 2+ years back in time by picking up the most recently released Apple gadgets! No thanks!
39. -box- (Posts: 3913; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Only two years?
Thankfully there are other choices. I would suppose that apple would lose more of its share before android would, especially since that's what is already trending.
30. vishu9 (Posts: 252; Member since: 03 Mar 2011)
Hmm.. so let's see. Do I want a 199$ 7 incher with a great screen and with the best of Android (JB) or do I want a 329$ 7.9 incher with the same resolution and the claustrphobic-no-stretching-your-legs iOS 6 and no Google Maps??... I dunno, real bummer!
37. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1100; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
And you are making a real favor to the iPad mini, actually the Nexus 7 has 1280x800 while the minipad has 1024 x 768.
With the bigger screen the final difference is that 216dpi for the nexus and a quite ridiculous 162 ppi for the iPad mini. Talking about retina...
38. vishu9 (Posts: 252; Member since: 03 Mar 2011)
Good point.. Wonder what Apple would say about that.. They have always been very vocal and hyped up about their Retina displays on the iPhones and iPad 3.
40. bkb01 (Posts: 43; Member since: 21 Aug 2012)
of course the smart choice would be with the device that has the "RETINA-ISH" 162ppi , IOS6 , no googlemaps and priced at 329$$$$.. its a no brainer man:/s
36. zvioocge (Posts: 26; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
330$? only die-hard apple fanboy would buy this crap