iPad mini Retina supplies could be a problem at Christmas, admits Apple
1. DaHarder (Posts: 175; Member since: 10 Oct 2009)
Few thing create 'buzz (hype) like announcing a 'shortage'.
Apple appears to utilize this tactic with at least one or two of its annual product announcements.
3. GrapeEyes (Posts: 248; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
People are not stupid. Apple has played this tactic out more than the Bush administration played out WMD's.
8. Finalflash (Posts: 2195; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
People can be pretty stupid actually, hence why the Bush admin got away with the WMD situation. Still, if they can produce 1080p screens at 4.5-5 inches in good supply and then some, how is a more inferior 2000x1500 or whatever screen at 8 inches harder to produce. I doubt its a technological issue, maybe because of the ridiculous aspect ratio.
5. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Meh. Apple could be setting expectations for low mini sales in the Xmas quarter. Which would explain the share price drop after the conference call.
9. Ninetysix (Posts: 1960; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
You're kidding yourself if you think another tablet will sell more than the iPad mini....LOL.
10. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
The Air is going to sell well at all though...
12. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
If Apple doesn't have tablets to sell and Best Buy has the N7 (2013), do you seriously think that Best Buy won't be selling a few more N7 (2013) tablets to frustrated buyers who came in looking for a mini?
2. Miracles (Posts: 560; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
Lies..Lies I tell you.
"You have been cheated and lied to" ~ Spongebob?
4. amiaq (Posts: 503; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
aaahh...there ..there... It's ok, There are always android tablets, which are more useful and flexible. You can just shove that ipad up yours.
7. softfurryanus (banned) (Posts: 232; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
$100 less for the same specs and a sharper screen, the Mini just makes so much more sense than the iPad Air.
11. wilsong17 (unregistered)
why spend 500 on a 8 inch screen
only ifan i tell you
13. softfurryanus (banned) (Posts: 232; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Starts at $399 pal, and 8 inches isn't too small.
Probably the only Apple product I could buy without feeling shafted afterwards.
15. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
The display is about 35% larger than the 7" Nexus tablet.
35% more display area is nothing to sneeze at