iPad mini, LG Nexus 4 and Windows 8: get ready for the most exciting 10 days in tech in 2012
0. phoneArena 19 Oct 2012, 06:20 posted on
As this week draws to a close, we are approaching what will probably be the most exciting week in tech this year…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Savage (unregistered)
2. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Wow, hope these days would create awesome memories :)
I am Desperately waiting for 920 and surface.
17. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1177; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
I am waiting for all things Nexus and the Surface!
WP on the other hand I am going to wait and watch
34. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
THE WAR IS ON, IT'S THE END OF THE MOBILE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3. zippolite28 (Posts: 104; Member since: 28 Sep 2012)
To look at .... i like windows phone and even surface
14. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Those big ugly tiles. Even Windows 7. Vistas look better.
4. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
lol...nokia and google? WTH!!! not gonna happen coz elop is microsoft and hates linux!
love to see a xperia device!
12. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
"Very well said" +1
A LINUX HATER HE IS. no wonder Nokia is going down cause of him. Fire him right now. Why don't the public march or boycot him.
My beloved pride NOKIA.
5. B3BLW29 (Posts: 238; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Nokia 920, MS surface *Drool* *Drool* followed by a wolf howl :D
6. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 363; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
"29 October, 2012
Nokia is joining Android and Will Continue with Windows Phone. Nokia is no longer exclusive to Windows Phone and will no longer receive 250 millions quarterly from Microsoft. First Android devices will come at MWC 2013."
8. Victor.H (Posts: 564; Member since: 27 May 2011)
Ha! Now, that would be one good way to get the media attention.
26. Zero0 (Posts: 592; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
I would definitely consider a Nokia Android phone. Their cameras and screens are great. As long as they stick with Windows, I'm not buying. I prefer the openness of Android.
7. Reverence (Posts: 224; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
naaaaa........i guess ifa waz much better....near ifa we saw iphone 5 and during ifa we xperia t, note 2, galaxy camera,lumia 920.........so much
9. BadAssAbe (Posts: 435; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
iPad - overpriced
surface rt - overpriced vista tablets
LG Nexus - needs samoled screen (lcd dark grey bars not black at bottom
WP 8 - needs more phones
Xperia Nexus - Win
D Conference - Hopes and dreams for the future
13. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
WP8 needs to be more open like Android or Linux. +1
25. papss (unregistered)
No it doesnt. Another me too platform where a new version of the operating system comes out every other month and splits the platform up? No thanks
27. Zero0 (Posts: 592; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
This makes no sense.
It's much better to have some people running a freshly updated OS (Android) than to have every single user running a many months outdated OS (Windows Phone).
Android 4.1 doesn't make Android 4.0 bad. But at least Android users have the option of an OS that is more recent than Windows Phone 7.5.
30. papss (unregistered)
Tell that to folks who have gingerbread or S3 people who dont get JB until next year
31. Zero0 (Posts: 592; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Gingerbread is an OS from late 2010. Ice Cream Sandwich is from late 2011. Jelly Bean is from 2012.
Windows Phone 7 is from 2010, and 7.5 is from 2011. Windows Phone 8 is from 2012.
Windows 7.x users are basically screwed: There is no update path at all. Gingerbread and ICS users might be able to wait for an update or flash a ROM. ROM flashing, of course, an impossibility on Windows due to its closed nature.
Bottom line is, Android is in better shape than Windows in terms of updates.
Side note: I still run Gingerbread.
11. JunkCreek (Posts: 407; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
this is the beginning of the end of the iPods.
28. Zero0 (Posts: 592; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Only the beginning?
The beginning of the end for iPods was many years ago. I'd say that we're approaching the end of the end.
15. speckledapple (Posts: 892; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
They are forgetting the Samsung event for what is already known to be the Galaxy Note II for the US with pricing and colors to match. All and all expect to be glued here indeed.
18. Commentator (Posts: 3052; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I'm partial to the week that the Lumia 910 and 810, Razr HD and M, and iPhone 5 were announced, but this will be an exciting time as well, to be sure.
19. roldefol (Posts: 3398; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Can someone please explain the ongoing fascination with a Sony Nexus? As a Verizon customer, I've only been exposed to one Xperia device, the midrange Play, which only really appeals to the hardcore gamer. What's so great about the Xperia line that it has such a huge following? Or rather, what would an Xperia Nexus bring to the table that an LG or Samsung would not, other than the obvious customer choice?
21. Aaron_R96 (Posts: 198; Member since: 22 Jan 2012)
Beautiful designs & higher build quality, Sony's experience in Camera & display technology and an equally iconic brand name to Android (Xperia) plus they're pretty desperate to separate themselves from the somewhat 'eventful' Sony Ericsson days!
p.s. Nice display picture!^
22. roldefol (Posts: 3398; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
But it sounds like LG is making strides in build quality and design too (to the extent a flat rectangle can be). It doesn't need to be Sony, and the Xperia name doesn't mean much when the line isn't widely known in the US. I agree that a better built Nexus would be nice though. The GNex definitely felt flimsy and plasticky. I hope this new LG Nexus addresses that, and I hope they announce availability on the major US carriers. Unlocked phones aren't an option for most Americans.
24. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7043; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
the iPad mini isn't new still looks the same just a big ipad and half of the size of the original ipad. I'm waiting for the NEXUS ANNOUNCEMENT
29. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
I'm excited about the surface the most. Can't wait for to check out the xperia nexus either. But I've already decided that I am purchasing the surface tablet. Even if I have to sleep on the couch for a couple of days. I'll be on the couch using my surface tablet.